PDA

View Full Version : We actually have a much deeper team this season than most....

Mitchy moo
05-08-2008, 10:56 AM
I have been scanning around other teams we play this season's current rosters / draft picks and have come to the conclusion that we have alot of depth on our team at most positions. Many of our players have some experience and after last season's injuries, they had some flashes of greatness. Even though I wouldn't call us playoff bound yet, you have to weigh in that many of the teams we play are rebuilding and we are pretty much at the retooling point now. This all makes for that much more anticipation for this season.

Pride
05-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Depth on your own team may simply be because you don't know any 2nd stringers on other teams. Ask a Chiefs fan how much depth we have, and they'd probably tell you that we don't even have much in the way of starters.

Comfortable is all about what you know... not what is real.

dasaybz
05-08-2008, 12:05 PM
We are definitely deep. Last year having many guys start due to injuries was huge.

raphael120
05-08-2008, 01:05 PM
One of the only positives of having half your backups playing due to injuries to starters...they get better by experiencing live action

justasportsfan
05-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Back on medication. Welcome back skoobs.

:jk:

yordad
05-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Our 2nds will be preseason studs.

Mitchy moo
05-08-2008, 01:19 PM
One of the only positives of having half your backups playing due to injuries to starters...they get better by experiencing live action

If they need to come in for a play or two or even a half we will not be completely stuck. Being vunerable in the NFL equals more losses than wins.

jamze132
05-08-2008, 03:33 PM
I completely agree with pretty much everyones opinion in this thread. The experience our "back-ups" recieved last year will pay off this year if the starters are healthy.

But... on the other hand, the starters missed alot of time and that may impeed on their progress Poz only played in what 3 games last year as a rookie? So as good as he may end up being, he is pretty much a rookie starter this year. As promising as Simpson was, he missed another year and will probably make stupid young player mistakes.

But regardless, we do have some really good depth, especially on defense. I know we didn't have our best players on the field last year but most other teams did. We'll see...

casdhf
05-08-2008, 04:17 PM
We'll go 4-0 this pre-season, that's for sure!

HHURRICANE
05-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Can I say that depth is a big issue on this team so I have to politely disagree.

We are one injury away on the OL or DL from having a very long season.

TigerJ
05-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Can I suggest a little of both perspectives. Buffalo has quality depth at some positions and little or none at others. If Poz goes down for a game ore two, we know DiGiorgio can step in and do the job. If Jaso Peters goes down, are we going to be comfortable with Kirk Chambers or Matt Murphy, or Demetrius Bell?

jamze132
05-09-2008, 03:05 AM
Can I say that depth is a big issue on this team so I have to politely disagree.

We are one injury away on the OL or DL from having a very long season.
so you don't like Kirk Chambers? I can't blame ya...

jamze132
05-09-2008, 03:06 AM
Can I suggest a little of both perspectives. Buffalo has quality depth at some positions and little or none at others. If Poz goes down for a game ore two, we know DiGiorgio can step in and do the job. If Jaso Peters goes down, are we going to be comfortable with Kirk Chambers or Matt Murphy, or Demetrius Bell?
I agree with what your saying but every team in the NFL could be an injury away from disaster. if Tom brady went down, they are a .500 team at best.

Typ0
05-09-2008, 04:39 AM
the question is are our starters any good...

Jan Reimers
05-09-2008, 04:49 AM
I think we have much better depth than in previous years, but we seem to be a little short at OT, DT and Safety. And we have a lot of depth at TE, but unless Fine, Johnson or Anderson emerge, we won't really have a quality starter.