PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Playoffs Bills @ Phins

Marvelous
05-08-2008, 03:33 PM
I've been grumpy ever since...

-Some quick facts about this game
--I was there! And it's my best memory as the worlds biggest Moulds fan. As usual as a Bilsl fan the memory is shrouded in disapointment. Since we lost.
---Moulds shattered the Playoff recieving record with over 230 yards.
-The game was Fluite -to- Moulds at it's finest..
--Both teams had IDENTICAL records,division wins,and conference wins..I dunno how they decided who would be hom,e..we lost that coin toss.!!!
--Jimmy Johnson destroyed the Fluite Flakes post game.
--Brock Marion chased Moulds on our 1st possesion and forced him to fumble. After a 50 yard chase down..
--Brock Marion continued his super Bills ownership thus replacing Terell buckley as the Biggest Bills killer alive.. Marion HOF? Bills fans say YES..
---Onside kick = recovered!
--Marino to Mcduffie Hail Mary at end of half = successful! Mare missed chip shot field goal....
--Reeds last game! He was ejected for a phantom ref brushing up against.. BS!

-Blah blah blah..
But a great game none the less...

-I hate Trace ARmstrong! The game ended with him sacking Fluite on the freaking 5 yard line when we we're about to tie it up or win..
--The Phin Fan i attended teh game w/ had called my wife(girlfriend/roomate then) and had her write "TRACE" all over the Apt for my angry arrival home.. To this day any mention of Trace Armstong pisses me off....

--Still, although it was a loss, a playoff loss at that, it was a great game & the last great game for our 90's ERA that ended after that game.. Reed,Thurman,Talley,Bruuuce,Moulds,Lonnie Johnson(yuck)..Im sure that almost everyone remembers the WHOLE ROSTER. Since so many we're either star players or just popular household names for Bills fans......

THATHURMANATOR
05-08-2008, 03:35 PM
This is not random at all.

Mad Bomber
05-08-2008, 03:39 PM
--The Phin Fan i attended teh game w/ had called my wife(girlfriend/roomate then) and had her write "TRACE" all over the Apt for my angry arrival home.. To this day any mention of Trace Armstong pisses me off....
And you married her anyway? If that were me, a domestic violence lawsuit would have ensued because I used her face to erase the "TRACE".

feelthepain
05-08-2008, 06:34 PM
-I hate Trace ARmstrong! The game ended with him sacking Fluite on the freaking 5 yard line when we we're about to tie it up or win..

He didn't just sack him, he made and impression of Fluttie into the ground, he hit him so hard!! I loved that play, it was frikin awesome!!!!

Marvelous
05-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Go away pest!

!Papacrunk!
05-08-2008, 07:49 PM
really not trying to put salt in the wound, but that hit on little (but mighty) Flutie at the end by Trace with the o-linemen trying to gather what the heck just happened was something else. I bet Jimmy Johnson felt like a big time arse after realizing what the Flutie flakes meant etc

Marvelous
05-08-2008, 08:15 PM
I always thought the media overreacted to the Fluite Flake dibacle.. So what if they we're for charity etc.. It's not like JJ was destroying them to piss on the charity or what it stood for... Makes ya wonder why society has become so sensitive. It's freakin football. You know violence galore...So JJ & Fluite Flakes incident never bothered me none...

feelthepain
05-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Go away pest!

Grow up, it's part of the rivalry.

Marvelous
05-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Uhh,, I dunno what to say... Rivalry ehh. Well i hate Miami more than any team, and it's been that way since late 80's for me, & 30 minutes after i watched (for the 1st time btw) the 99 playoff loss you smacked me.. So "pest"sounds fine by me.. so relax pest, i was POed at the time..

Oaf
05-08-2008, 10:27 PM
This was awful. The last 3 Bills playoff games have been absolutely heartbreaking. I still have yet to witness a Buffalo postseason victory. (toddler during SB run). :cry:

Marvelous
05-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Damn bro, that's sucks.. You missed some amazing seasons...
----some early 90's highlights Oaf
---Theee best part of the early 90's was us dominating & owning everyone.
-Dolphin ownership. They we're a really greatteam too & we owned!
--Major blowouts & ownership like i said.. The superbowl losses sucked but we we're on Top O' The world regular & post season... You need to score some dvds of the whole seasons. Any season from 90-94 will do..
Here's my order if ya have the means
-I own maybe 5 games throughout taht whole era & the quality is mediocre at best... I can't wait for the NFL to release whole seasons on DVD.. I will buy every season. Even if they sell for $200... Owning whole seasons is awesome. My Pats buddy has done this for 3-4 yeqars now. What a investment...

---Anyone selling seasons please PM me..

Coach Sal
05-08-2008, 11:54 PM
--Reeds last game! He was ejected for a phantom ref brushing up against..

It was not Andre Reed's last game with the Bills. He played the folowing year (1999) and started all 16 games.

I was at that game, as well, covering it for local radio. I was in the Bills locker room after the loss and it was like a morgue, obviously. But many of the players were still very available and accomodating to the media afterward.

Flutie was told of Johnson stomping on the Flutie Flakes by Vic Carucci and his response was, "then he stomped on my son as far as I'm concerned."

jamze132
05-09-2008, 03:28 AM
yeah but your posts suck donkey balls.

feelthepain
05-09-2008, 06:11 AM
yeah but your posts suck donkey balls.

Want some cheese with that whine??

colin
05-09-2008, 07:29 AM
flutie was such an overhyped midget.

like all wade teams since, our d were MONSTERS in the front 7 but really broke down beyond that. we were quite soft up the gut deep on passing plays.

there were a bunch of mistakes by our squad that if we avoided would have resulted in a win.

i hope dick can be the straight and narrow coach that keeps us focused for 60 minutes in the playoffs

justasportsfan
05-09-2008, 09:42 AM
I always thought the media overreacted to the Fluite Flake dibacle.. So what if they we're for charity etc.. It's not like JJ was destroying them to piss on the charity or what it stood for... Makes ya wonder why society has become so sensitive. It's freakin football. You know violence galore...So JJ & Fluite Flakes incident never bothered me none...
the next year I believe Wade Philipps stomped on a hairspray/mousse bottle after we beat them :snicker:

justasportsfan
05-09-2008, 09:44 AM
He didn't just sack him, he made and impression of Fluttie into the ground, he hit him so hard!! I loved that play, it was frikin awesome!!!!
but Flutie as a bill owns the fins.

My favorite play that year was when the jags beat the snot out of the fins and sent Marino into retirement :snicker:

trapezeus
05-09-2008, 10:28 AM
when i think back on this game, i get so annoyed that Moulds opening catch would have been a TD but he was caught down and forced to fumble. i remember being so nervous going into this game. And on the opening play they hit this homerun play that was going to put my nerves to rest and put the onus on the dolphins. And then he fumbles it and Buffalo sports was broken ever since. No Goal, no Playoffs, no nothing. 2008 better end this horrible period of time for Buffalo. I'm beginning to form a complex.

feelthepain
05-09-2008, 11:28 AM
My favorite play that year was when the jags beat the snot out of the fins and sent Marino into retirement

My favorite memory of the Bills lasted for 4 years and 4 HUGE,loses in a row...do you remember those loses?? I do:snicker:

RockStar36
05-09-2008, 11:31 AM
I hate that game for that Reed call. It was such BS.

justasportsfan
05-09-2008, 12:00 PM
My favorite memory of the Bills lasted for 4 years and 4 HUGE,loses in a row...do you remember those loses?? I do:snicker:
I remember that era clearly. That was the era that Marv and Kelly made Don and Dan their beeyatch to get to those sb's. Remember ?

SABuffalo786
05-09-2008, 01:34 PM

What rivalry?

The only rivalry you have is with some of the local Miami High School teams.

You guys are about on the same level. Both talent and attendance wise.

feelthepain
05-09-2008, 03:37 PM
I remember that era clearly. That was the era that Marv and Kelly made Don and Dan their beeyatch to get to those sb's. Remember ?

Says the queen!!

Oaf
05-10-2008, 10:15 AM
My favorite Flutie moment was when we played the powerful Jags in Buffalo, and 4th and goal from the 1 with no time left and down by 5 or so. It was supposed to be a handoff and, was it Thurman still, forgot the play and set up to block. Flutie looks to handoff and Jags send a run blitz. Flutie improvises and runs to the left corner while 5 Jaguars totally blast Thomas while he just blocking in the backfield. Flutie scoots in and we win on a busted play turned bootleg. LMAO!

Still, no playoff wins for me though :( (Jags 1996, Miami 1999, Tenn 2000, Pitt 2004, Tenn 2006, Cleveland 2007) :puke:

Marvelous
05-11-2008, 08:32 PM
HAHA I taped that Jags game where Fred Taylor btch smacked Miami.. So that's what Jacksonville did w/ our Rob Johnson pick. :mad:

---Glad to see everyone has fond memories of that Phins/Bills playoff game as i do...Wish i owned it on DVD..

feelthepain
05-11-2008, 08:53 PM
HAHA I taped that Jags game where Fred Taylor btch smacked Miami.. So that's what Jacksonville did w/ our Rob Johnson pick. :mad:

---Glad to see everyone has fond memories of that Phins/Bills playoff game as i do...Wish i owned it on DVD..
I've got the Bills four SB loss on DVD incased in glass and under lights in tribute to the Bill colossal failures and their fans agony. It happens to be one of the most talked about, loved and biggest laughers every time I have company over and we discuss how pitiful the Bills were in their 4 year beyatch slapping. Great stuff!!

hydro
05-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I've got the Bills four SB loss on DVD incased in glass and under lights in tribute to the Bill colossal failures and their fans agony. It happens to be one of the most talked about, loved and biggest laughers every time I have company over and we discuss how pitiful the Bills were in their 4 year beyatch slapping. Great stuff!!

You have people over? Your parents don't count you know...

feelthepain
05-11-2008, 09:46 PM
You have people over? Your parents don't count you know...

At least I have parents.

SABuffalo786
05-12-2008, 12:36 PM
At least I have parents.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/emmamoonpotter/epic_fail.jpg

Proof positive ftp is a pimply 12 year old.

That was hilariously awful smack.

Stewie
05-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I blame eric moulds for losing that game. He fumbled after the first bomb. Dumbass.

The Jokeman
05-12-2008, 09:51 PM
I blame eric moulds for losing that game. He fumbled after the first bomb. Dumbass.
Yep because we know we can't blame the skin Flutie because all he does is just win and/or blame someone if his team lost when he was QB. Of course no one else seems to remember his costly INT before the end of the first half that also cost us points that could have made a difference in the final score.