PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we have a replacement for Mikey

Oaf
05-08-2008, 10:24 PM
It appears that the greatest training camp battle this year may take place on the bleachers.

Check out this solid "insider" coverage on the rookie mini-camps from BuffaloRumblings.com

I think there is a tendency among very close observers of the game to be disappointed when they first see the rookies up close. They have scouted them ad nauseum, been enthusiastic about drafting them and see a lot of potential. Then, as people with decades in the NFL, they see chinks and problems under close-up first-hand scrutiny. Last year I recall that when the staff first saw Marshawn Lynch and Paul Posluszny, they were struck by how much better they actually were than on tape. They are equally enthusiastic about this year's class--although sadly my report will only deal with a few of them.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2008/5/8/482694/some-informed-observations

An encouraging report, looking forward to reading more from him. Put up your dukes Mikey. He's got the insider interviews on you and probably is more handsome than you too. :limpclap:

Just messing around man. :respect:

PECKERWOOD
05-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Cool, good read, thanks.

Michael82
05-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Oh yeah, that's the guy who used to be on the official Bills message board. He has some kind of big connection with the team as he hit on quite a few of the free agent signings this year and last year. Plus he always gives inside info about what the coaches are thinking. :up:

Meathead
05-08-2008, 11:00 PM
he hit on quite a few of the free agent signings this year
has he nailed any yet

Oaf
05-08-2008, 11:41 PM
I say Felton may stick over Bell, Viti may make it, McCray may steal a roster spot from Cox, no LBs will stick, and Jason Jones has a decent shot for the PS

circlethewagons
05-09-2008, 12:43 PM
has he nailed any yet

He nailed the McKelvin Pick

Meathead
05-09-2008, 02:03 PM
woosh over your head

justasportsfan
05-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Then, as people with decades in the NFL, they see chinks and problems under close-up first-hand scrutiny.:

I will never listen to a racist :mad:

Oaf
05-10-2008, 10:17 AM
I will never listen to a racist :mad:
LMAO, I'll mention that. And he had the McKelvin pick DOWN a day or two from the draft.

TigerJ
05-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I think Bell is a PS player this year. I don't think Felton and Bell are direct competitors for a roster spot. Bell is strictly a tackle, and while Felton played here in college, he doesn't have the foot speed to survive in space on the edge in the pros. He's strictly a guard/center. I'd say Felton and Preston are direct competitors. Bell's competition consists of Murphy, Estes, McCaskill, and Chambers.

ublinkwescore
05-11-2008, 05:57 PM
"They truly feel that with what they did in free agency, all the injured guys coming back healthy, the addition of this rookie class and some key changes on the coaching staff, they can line up and play with anybody."

Hmmm, does this sound like a vote of confidence for Schonert, or a condemning of Fairchild?