Sirius finally blasts our 3rd and 4th round picks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Sirius finally blasts our 3rd and 4th round picks.

Driving home from work at 6PM and a Buffalo caller said he was disappointed in our draft after our first two picks.

The guys broke down rounds 3 and 4 and said we should have taken Brad Cottam (TE) in the 3rd. Says that Evans will still be facing a safety playing over the top in every game and that the kid from Tennesee would have been a big help to Edwards.

Also thought we should have taken Dre Moore (DT) in the 4th over Reggie Corner. They are convinced that Stroud will not be 100% and we could have used another DT vs. another CB.

I thought it was excellent analysis and made me think that we screwed the pooch in rounds 3 and 4.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Sirius finally blasts our 3rd and 4th round picks.

**** em we'll see how it plays out when the games are played.

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

Since you have been one of the biggest blasters of Schobel I am surprised you don't like the Ellis pick or think we needed a DE.

Also, Moore would have been the 5th DT if the Bills drafted him. I'd say finding a 4th corner is more important and more of glaring need for the Bills than a 5th DT.
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• historypete
        • Feb 2005

I didn't think about Cottam, but I said when Corner was picked we should have gone after Moore or Bryant from A&M. We need more D-line help than CB at that point in my opinon.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Sirius doesn't play on sunday, they broadcast.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Brad Cottam? The guy was Mr. Glass in college and barely had any stats to show for himself. He caught 21 passes for 341 yards and 1 TD, not in his senior season, but during FIVE YEARS in Tennessee. What makes anyone think he'll suddenly become unbreakable and/or productive in the NFL?

Please, they could have mentioned Craig Stevens, Jermichael Finley, Martin Rucker or even Kellen Davis. But Brad Cottam?!

Taking Corner over Moore is a legitimate gripe. But it depends on how each pans out.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Guys, don't shoot the messenger,

Kansas City took Cottam in the 3rd and they have this other guy at TE, I think his name his Gonzales or something like that (sarcasm). Anyway Cottam must have something going for him at 6'8", 270 pounds for Kansas City to take him at all with Tony on their roster.

They knew their stuff because they talked about Gaughn's stat that when the Bills were in a 4 receiver set they threw to the TE once in 49 attempts. They said that D's good pretty much ignore the TE altogether.

Remiersa was the last guy to have any production and that was in, are you ready, 2001.

Sorry but Derek is not going to be the guy.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

They knew their stuff because they talked about Gaughn's stat that when the Bills were in a 4 receiver set they threw to the TE once in 49 attempts. They said that D's good pretty much ignore the TE altogether.
                Did they say how many of those 49 times there was actually a TE on the field?

Good...I hope they continue to ignore the TE, it'll make it that much easier for Trent to find him.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I don't understand the criticism of Chris Ellis. Many "experts" wanted us to take a DE in the first round. Instead, we took care of our biggest needs in the first two rounds, and still got an excellent DE in the 3rd.

You can argue the 4th round, but the Bills took 2 guys they really liked rather than players with bigger names. I'll predict right now that Fine wil be a better TE than Cottam.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Driving home from work at 6PM and a Buffalo caller said he was disappointed in our draft after our first two picks.

The guys broke down rounds 3 and 4 and said we should have taken Brad Cottam (TE) in the 3rd. Says that Evans will still be facing a safety playing over the top in every game and that the kid from Tennesee would have been a big help to Edwards.

Also thought we should have taken Dre Moore (DT) in the 4th over Reggie Corner. They are convinced that Stroud will not be 100% and we could have used another DT vs. another CB.

I thought it was excellent analysis and made me think that we screwed the pooch in rounds 3 and 4.
                    So when I said that the addition of Stroud was a questiom mark, I'm not the only one who feels that way?? Imagine that.

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Guys, don't shoot the messenger,

Kansas City took Cottam in the 3rd and they have this other guy at TE, I think his name his Gonzales or something like that (sarcasm). Anyway Cottam must have something going for him at 6'8", 270 pounds for Kansas City to take him at all with Tony on their roster.

Remiersa was the last guy to have any production and that was in, are you ready, 2001.

Sorry but Derek is not going to be the guy.
                      Don't shoot the messenger? Don't post if you don't want people to react. You point out that Remiersa (7th rounder or undrafted, I don't recall) was the last Bills TE to really produce. How do you know that Fine won't be the answer? For whatever reason, the Bills had Fine rated higher than others. The fact is that nobody knows how Fine or any draft pick is going to perform. The "experts" on Sirius, ESPN, NFL Network, etc are just offering opinions. They are not facts. Just because some analyst suggest that the Bills (or any other team) should have done something differently doesn't make it so.
                      Last edited by mayotm; 05-10-2008, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• mayotm
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by feelthepain
                        So when I said that the addition of Stroud was a questiom mark, I'm not the only one who feels that way?? Imagine that.
                        I guess it's because you are so much smarter than the rest of us. Congratulations on your brilliance.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                          • Oct 2002

Really, that Sirius NFL network is the closest thing to purgatory on earth. Especially from May-July when there is next to no NFL news. There's a few good commentators on there, but there's some real dolts too, like Randy Cross.
                          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• feelthepain
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mayotm
                            I guess it's because you are so much smarter than the rest of us. Congratulations on your brilliance.
                            Well I already knew that, my point is some Bill fans here (justawhiner) believe everyone on the planet would be thrilled by the addition of Stroud. I don't think he's such a great addition because of his injury issue and his drug issue. He's hardly been much of a factor the last 2 years....but since he's now a Bill, well he's suddenly the best off season addition in the league.

Comment

• mayotm
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by feelthepain
                              Well I already knew that, my point is some Bill fans here (justawhiner) believe everyone on the planet would be thrilled by the addition of Stroud. I don't think he's such a great addition because of his injury issue and his drug issue. He's hardly been much of a factor the last 2 years....but since he's now a Bill, well he suddenly the best off season addition in the league.
                              I think this has been explained to you before. Since you're such a smart guy you should be able to follow. This is a site largely comprised of Bills fans. It stands to reason that Bills fans are going to have mostly positive opinions about the Bills. At times, some of the opinions are certainly on the homeristic side. I suspect you'll find the same thing if you go to the message boards of any other NFL team. I don't know for sure because I don't visit the sites of other teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X