Well after much thought our playoff hopes rely on Schonert and Edwards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Well after much thought our playoff hopes rely on Schonert and Edwards.

No two ways about it. Good OL, two great RBs, one decent WR.

If the Bills are making the playoffs isn't going to be on the shoulders of Trent Edwards playing well and hopefully elevating the games of Parrish, Reed, and Hardy.

I hope Schonert can run the O and take advantage of Trent's ability to call plays at the line.

If these guys don't do a good job it's going to be a long season.

I think this kid has more pressure on him than any QB we have seen in a while. Everyone is talking playoffs and we are expecting a kid with 8 starts to be the one leading us there.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't disappoint us.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Well after much thought our playoff hopes rely on Schonert and Edwards.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    Good OL, two great RBs, one decent WR.

If the Bills are making the playoffs isn't going to be on the shoulders of Trent Edwards playing well and hopefully elevating the games of Parrish, Reed, and Hardy.

I hope Schonert can run the O and take advantage of Trent's ability to call plays at the line.

I think this kid has more pressure on him than any QB we have seen in a while. Everyone is talking playoffs and we are expecting a kid with 8 starts to be the one leading us there.

Wait, first it was drafting a DE. Then if we were serious we should've brought back Moulds? Now it's Schonert and Trent. HOw many times do your thoughts change?

Good OL? Go read Morans thread. It's average (I'm reaching here) at best (thanks to Lynch) although it's got tons of petential.

I do agree with the Schonert part however. It worries me the most. Schonert is this teams biggest questionmark.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

If players perform the Bills should have a good year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
        If players perform the Bills should have a good year.
        playerS? I thought only 1 player had to do it all, the qb.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          Wait, first it was drafting a DE. Then if we were serious we should've brought back Moulds? Now it's Schonert and Trent. HOw many times do your thoughts change?

Good OL? Go read Morans thread. It's average (I'm reaching here) at best (thanks to Lynch) although it's got tons of petential.

I do agree with the Schonert part however. It worries me the most. Schonert is this teams biggest questionmark.
          1) I wanted Harvey, if he was available. End of subject. I never said our playoffs hopes hinged on getting Harvey. All I ever said was if he was available that we should take him. Nice try and I only have 100 threads to back it up.

2) I think we needed a vet WR to help out. I threw Moulds out there for discussion with other possibilities. That's why my thread ended with "any thoughts".

At this point Trent is the difference maker since we didn't get him a vet WR, since our D will be good, not great, and we didn't get a stud TE.

Since you get owned in so many threads it's easier to twist things than make a valid argument or point. Same old same old from you.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

who is your second "great" running back

I assume you are dubbing Lynch great....and who else?

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              No two ways about it. Good OL, two great RBs, one decent WR.

Well with the exception of We vs they in the second the last sentence..this is a perfect post and right on...it is really minus a proven tight end but a very good situation for a second year QB (OR any qb). The defense has to show up (The one on paper). If you look at last years games...one more stop by the deffense or one more score by the offense and our record is drastically different.

This season will reveal so much we have been debating on the qb postion anyway.

The good news is if we misfire this season...we still have a young
              team and one more FA' period and draft should really do it as far as personell goes.
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• raphael120
                Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                • Oct 2005

I think if Schonert is a bum and doesn't elevate and utilize the talent on this roster, I think Jauron should be fired for making yet another horrible coaching decision. We already have a rookie QB to struggle with but to also have to come off to a slow start because we have a poorly prepared rookie OC is doubly stupid. Here's hoping he can have a good first stint at a OC position. Not like he can be much worse than Fairchild, but still, we shouldn't have the bar set that low for him, the bar is set at enough production to get to the playoffs. You have a top 10 WR and RB and a damn good backup RB; a promising , smart QB; a solid Oline and youre big ass tall WR and TE's for red zone threats. No reason we shouldn't be at least around the middle of the pack in offensive production...

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by raphael120
                  I think if Schonert is a bum and doesn't elevate and utilize the talent on this roster, I think Jauron should be fired for making yet another horrible coaching decision. We already have a rookie QB to struggle with but to also have to come off to a slow start because we have a poorly prepared rookie OC is doubly stupid. Here's hoping he can have a good first stint at a OC position. Not like he can be much worse than Fairchild, but still, we shouldn't have the bar set that low for him, the bar is set at enough production to get to the playoffs. You have a top 10 WR and RB and a damn good backup RB; a promising , smart QB; a solid Oline and youre big ass tall WR and TE's for red zone threats. No reason we shouldn't be at least around the middle of the pack in offensive production...
                  Well with shonert being a former QB I don't think he will have a hard time calling a game. He may be able to be more inovative in the passing game then fairchild a former RB coach could be...hell I could call a better game them him. Oh and "rookie QB to struggle?" Are we doing a little bar lowering to cya? I thought he was piosed and accurate and an upgrage? I am in agreement with the Juron thing...but it is another blow to this organization to yet make another switch at the top.....that means there system...there guys.....and we start all over again.....so for now I think the 2 more year plan is in order.
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla *****
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                    who is your second "great" running back

I assume you are dubbing Lynch great....and who else?
                    i, personally, think Xavier Oman is going to be great.

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

This year to me is all about Dick Jauron.

With the last two games being at Denver and home against New England, Jauron and the Bills will have every opportunity to prove they belong with the elite of the AFC.

Those two games could end up defining Dick's career.

It's time for the Bills to take a step forward and Dick Jauron is the one that has to led them there.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                        • Mar 2004

i'd be happy 8-8 or 9-7 playoffs would be great thou

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by shelby
                          i, personally, think Xavier Oman is going to be great.

"Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

In response to the thread title, after little thought I've come to the same conclusion.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                              In response to the thread title, after little thought I've come to the same conclusion.
                              That's actually very funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X