Players we wanted to go are gone and replaced by someone 10 times better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Players we wanted to go are gone and replaced by someone 10 times better.

Price gone- Hardy got
    Tripplett gone- Stroud and Johnson got
    Ashton good as gone- William James covering his spot
    Ellison replaced- Mitchell starts

Along with all our needs got filled. FB filled by barnes, WR filled by Hardy, TE filled by Johnson, Fine, and Anderson, DE filled by Ellis, LB filled by Mitchell, DT filled by Stroud and Johnson, CB filled by both James and McKelvin. Good year.
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: Players we wanted to go are gone and replaced by someone 10 times better.

Eh, I'll wait until we get into the season to start calling these players major improvements. Stroud for example, needs to prove himself coming off of injury. Lets remember, we all thought Tripplett would be beast when he was coming in.

But I do agree, I feel like we have hopefully made some good improvements.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

We really have upgraded several key positions, added some depth and - with the return of several injured players - should be much better this year.

Offensively, a lot depends on Trent's development, Schonert's playcalling, how much we get from Hardy, and whether one of our TEs emerges as a receiving weapon. Our D should be much better, period.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

I gotta admit, it's funny.

We talk about how this player is inadequate or how this player needs to be cut on this board.

Then in the offseason, that player gets canned.

Football isn't neurosurgery for someone with an ounce of common sense.

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Kawika Mitchell is our new "Jeff Posey"-type of LB...doesn't really do much, but yeah, at least should be a little bit of an upgrade over Ellison.

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

I got mad love for you Raphael, but Kawika is waaaaaaay better than Posey...
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

But I see where you coming from dog....
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

What Mitchell brings to the Bills defense is versatility. He can rush the passer, stuff the run and is also very good in coverage. He should become a very useful addition to the defense and give Fewell a lot of options.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MLynch23
                  Price gone- Hardy got
                  Tripplett gone- Stroud and Johnson got
                  Ashton good as gone- William James covering his spot
                  Ellison replaced- Mitchell starts

Along with all our needs got filled. FB filled by barnes, WR filled by Hardy, TE filled by Johnson, Fine, and Anderson, DE filled by Ellis, LB filled by Mitchell, DT filled by Stroud and Johnson, CB filled by both James and McKelvin. Good year.
                  Agreed on Tripplett and Ellison.

With Price, he spent a lot of time on IR and didn't do much when he wasn't, but Hardy hasn't played a down of NFL football yet. It looks like an improvement and probably will be, but we won't know for sure until Hardy takes the filed.

With James, well, the guy just hasn't done much. He's probably better than Youboty, but certainly not 10 times better. And we're talking about a nickel back here- not an every down player. My guess is that we'll start the year with Greer and McGee on the field and McKelvin at nickel. At some point, McKelvin will start and Greer will move to nickel. James will never be higher than 4th on the depth chart.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Agreed on Tripplett and Ellison.

With Price, he spent a lot of time on IR and didn't do much when he wasn't, but Hardy hasn't played a down of NFL football yet. It looks like an improvement and probably will be, but we won't know for sure until Hardy takes the filed.

With James, well, the guy just hasn't done much. He's probably better than Youboty, but certainly not 10 times better. And we're talking about a nickel back here- not an every down player. My guess is that we'll start the year with Greer and McGee on the field and McKelvin at nickel. At some point, McKelvin will start and Greer will move to nickel. James will never be higher than 4th on the depth chart.
                    True.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                      Will not tolerate vandalism.
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Historian
                      I gotta admit, it's funny.

We talk about how this player is inadequate or how this player needs to be cut on this board.

Then in the offseason, that player gets canned.

Football isn't neurosurgery for someone with an ounce of common sense.
                      But... but... how can we peons know about running a football team? After all, we're not the ones getting paid the money! (/sarc)

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Well. I thought Spikes, Posey, Fletcher, and Adams were going to improve our team but they couldn't do anything unless we were blitzing every down.

Now we have Stroud, Mitchell and Johnson. Same old, same old, until I see something different.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

This just in, Ko Simpson is replacing Jim Leonhard in the starting lineup!!

Stroud is replacing Kyle Williams.

McCargo is replacing Triplett.

Mitchell over Ellison.

Poz over Digi.

McKelvin should soon upgrade Greer.

That is six new starters on defense alone. More then half the defense. That means 4 or more experienced backups (by lineup displacement).

The Bills defense looks solid. And it looks like it has adequate depth all around. It will be tough for these new comers to make the team.

On offense, we have seemingly upgraded several positions.

Hardy over Price/Reed. You can put the unproven label all you want on him. But, I am convinced he will be an immediate upgrade.

This upgrades the slot when we use one, which I anticipate will be a lot. Reed is a natural. Parrish in situations, and when we go four wide should be a nightmare with adequate receivers on the outside. I mean, whose team has a #4 corner that can cover Parrish?

If we are even a little lucky, Royal will be pushed. And, we should have capable depth.

Our O-line will be gelled. All five returning starters. All improving backups.

Lynch will be elite if our o-line is even mildly better. Fred "The Gem" Jackson is now out of the rough (yes, I just made that up).

We have a FB for all occasions.

Our QB should have more weapons, and will have more experience.

I think we upgraded a few positions.
                          Last edited by yordad; 05-12-2008, 01:16 PM.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                            This just in, Ko Simpson is replacing Jim Leonhard in the starting lineup!!

Stroud is replacing Kyle Williams.

McCargo is replacing Triplett.

Mitchell over Ellison.

Poz over Digi.

McKelvin should soon upgrade Greer.

That is six new starters on defense alone. More then half the defense. That means 5 more experienced backups (by lineup displacement).

The Bills defense looks solid. And it looks like it has adequate depth all around. It will be tough for these new comers to make the team.

On offense, we have seemingly upgraded several positions.

Hardy over Price/Reed. You can put the unproven label all you want on him. But, I am convinced he will be an immediate upgrade.

This upgrades the slot when we use one, which I anticipate will be a lot. Reed is a natural. Parrish in situations, and when we go four wide should be a nightmare with adequate receivers on the outside. I mean, whose team has a #4 corner that can cover Parrish?

If we are even a little lucky, Royal will be pushed. And, we should have capable depth.

Our O-line will be gelled. All five returning starters. All improving backups.

Lynch will be elite if our o-line is even mildly better. Fred "The Gem" Jackson is now out of the rough (yes, I just made that up).

We have a FB for all occasions.

Our QB should have more weapons, and will have more experience.

I think we upgraded a few positions.
                            Nice post.

It is not dramatic, one guy moves that change the status quo in the NFL.

If it was, every number one draft pick would change the fortunes of his suitor.

It is incremental improvement at all positions.

We seem to have improved, incrementally, if by nothing other than the return of injured players.

I believe that this will be a pretty good team, but more and more, as salary considerations effect depth, the NFL is about injuries.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Oh, and hopefully we made a huge upgrade in the offensive coordinator position. That alone could make the offense 10X better.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X