05-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Thanks!

Happy mothers day to all you mothers!
:beers:

Shelby is like a mother to us all, Happy mother's day!!!:nod:

:kisscheek

Scumbag College
05-11-2008, 06:49 AM
It's a fake holiday that corporations made up to get the public to spend their money in the slow retail period between Easter and Memorial Day.

Happy Mother's Day!

Confused
05-11-2008, 07:33 AM
It's a fake holiday that corporations made up to get the public to spend their money in the slow retail period between Easter and Memorial Day.

Happy Mother's Day!

or its a day to show your appreciation to your moms.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-11-2008, 07:56 AM

Happy Mother's Day!

BOOOOOO!

I'd neg you but it's Mothers Day :nod:

ddaryl
05-11-2008, 12:03 PM

Happy Mother's Day!

I agree.. but many holidays are fake in this aspect.

Hell Christmas has become nothing but a capitalistic dream. Most retails businesses depend on the Xmas season and wallstreet reacts accordingly. etc.... Easter.. how the heck does a bunny bringing all kinds of candy represent Easter ? Heck the holiday creators have even tried to start Grandparents day, childrens day etc... and it is all tied to how much money/industry it can create

but all of the Mothers out there look forward to this day, and rightfully so. To be appreciated and loved is something that should be felt everyday, but on Mothers day it is exponential.

Myself.. I don't buy greeting cards. I prefer to call my Mom and spend an hour on the phone just talking. However this year I have the wild card.. My wife an I are taking my parents to Kauai in early December, and I already sent Mom the ultimate Kauai guide book for her to get excited about the trip. I'm all aces this Moms day...

Luisito23
05-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Happy Mother's Day to Shelby, Mybills....and anyone else I forgot, hope you have a great day!!....:balloons: :dj:

trapezeus
05-11-2008, 01:49 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080511/ap_on_re_us/mother_s_day_centennial;_ylt=AkrlS3gHXp2qCrSj5_QltZUDW7oF

it actually was created to honor mothers. but like another poster said, all these holidays have been hijacked. So it is what it is.

Happy mothers day to all that are mothers. and a reminder to all those who haven't yet called or sent flowers.

BAM
05-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Myself.. I don't buy greeting cards.
Me neither. This year being my wife's first Mothers' Day, we made her a card from our 8 month old son. I put a picture of him on the front with a long list of what he's thankful she does for him inside. Then added a coupon I made in Photoshop for a trip to Olive Garden (her favorite place) and two flowers we made by tracing my boy's hands on red construction paper and cutting out green stems and gluing them together. She absolutely loved it and was noticeably touched. It's a great day.