PDA

View Full Version : What's a full 16 game season on DVD's

Marvelous
05-11-2008, 08:39 PM
I was just gabbing this topic w/ some local buds about what i'd pay for last season on 16 individual DVD's. I'd go as far as $150.

-5 years ago i helped one of my best friends in south FL set up his DVD recorder to his Direct tv reciever and he has every game & playoffs & superbowls since.. The dude was selling them and making a killing but he got scared of copyright etc and far as i know he backed off....Point was that next year i'm burning for pure offseason re-watching & for my own obsessive evaluations.. I'm sure i'd hook up some peeps here & there..

-When will the NFL start selling fans their games? IMO it's time for us to be able to purchase whole seasons.
---I have a average at best memory & i'm unsure about what to Make of Trent Edwards because i own -0- dvd's of any games last year & that's what got me thinking of this...

---Just curious to what you diehard offseason posting bums thought?

--Despite the filth of the NE fan, man is he sitting on a goldmine.. The dude doesn't even re-watch eitehr. he does it to, well..just because he can :mad:
--He was selling them to NE fans on KFFL's board for like $50-ish a season+post season.. Lucky! WHoever got some..

SyraBillsLican
05-11-2008, 09:58 PM
i do this with baseball. mlb.tv has all the Mets games archived over the past 2 years and i watch them in the offseason while doing research papers or reading or something

really staves off full-on depression during the nfl playoffs right before spring training

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-11-2008, 10:34 PM
obviously anyone selling these on their own would be flagrently violating copyright laws and you know if the NFL got wind of it they would come down on them like a ton of bricks... the NFL is as serious as a heart attach whith their copyright issues!

now if the nfl were to release the games, and for the life of me I dont know why they dont already do it, you can bet they would test the pricing to max out the sale.. they know their **** when it comes to marketing.

by the way... Id be the first to blow in anyone selling dvds of whole seasons for a profit... I make my living with by being able to copyright my work and I will fight for someone elses copyright. If it is just getting a copy of a game to a bud, its no prob, but if you are making some $ off it then you're in trouble.

Marvelous
05-11-2008, 11:34 PM
keithtr, I'm annoyed w/ the NFL for sitting on their precious. Here's what it's gonna take me this offseason to have put into place by week 1.

---A HD Direct TV reciever
-Sunday ticket (duh)
--Superfan- only way to get D-tv games in HD. Doesn't guarantee Bills in HD!
--DVD burner or recorder on my main tv w/ the HD d-tv reciever..
--So i'm gonna have to record live or option B which i prefer is to HD DVR all 16 games then record them from DVR -to- DVD recorder.. That is going to take time.
--Not so important is the blank DVD's and cases. Cases drive the cost up a tad.

---Mainly it's going to cost me time. The time to learn how to record a dvd from the DVR. Which i dunno if i'll conquer that task...A friend of mine who was the 1st person i know to get a DVR, he got a Tivo about 4-5 years ago & claims there's no way to record to DVD from his Tivo to his DVD recorder...IMO technology has improved and they are somewhat compatable now...
---Bottom line is if i do all that work to make this happen & a Zoner who i post w/ on a regular bases like say Mikey, or HHuricane etc, both whom i enjoy teir company asked me for the whole season, then what would i set the price at without being considered greedy or a copyright infractor? It would have to just cover 3 things. Cost & time.
-1-So 16 DVD's & cases runs about $25-ish(roughly guessing).
-2-Time--making copies for 16 games! for my noob-ass who burns at the same rate it plays(noob-loser). Hopefully i can go HD-DVR to DVD then it wont be as time consuming for burning copies...... IMO 6-8 hours labor, say $25-whatever
-3-Postage- 16 DVD's plus cases. guessing = $20
-So the minimum for hooking up internet friends is $70. I said i'd pay the NFL up to $150..

keithtr, Does $70 raise your flag? curious..

--I'm not doing this but if i did, then this is the preocess i would take.. Regardless since the NFL isn't releasing their games i'm burning for personal use. And that's going to be awesome for offseasons... But i do feel the dark sides pull.

Devin
05-12-2008, 01:08 AM
I have every Bills game from 03 til now and then another roughly 100-150 from 1980 til 03.

Im trying to get every game from kelly's first til the present.

jamze132
05-12-2008, 03:21 AM
I don't have any games. Once they lose, I don't want to watch it anymore.

Luisito23
05-12-2008, 06:52 AM
I remember having that game against the Chiefs when Montana was there, we had a great day, and the best play that sticks in my mind is when Kelly was scrambling and he juked this guy with the football so bad that they showed those highlights over, and over again!...Thurmal had a huge game as well. Sadly I have no idea where that tape is right now....:sadbye:.....

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-12-2008, 08:07 AM
I use to sell games and such, but Ebay kept taking them off and warning me. I gave it a rest.

ddaryl
05-12-2008, 08:14 AM
to me.. it's worth absolutly nothing

Once a game is done and I've watched the highlights, I'm done with it and have very little interest in watching it again. Especially if I'm being asked to pay for it.

I don't watch nastalgia games on NFL Network or ESPN when they are aired, I haven't watched any Bills playoff game or SB game a 2nd time and just do not have any interest in doing so.

jamze132
05-12-2008, 08:25 AM
If the Bills had won a Super Bowl or two, I would probably watch the game again once in a while. But since I can't bare to watch Norwood's kick sail "juuuust a bit outside", or watch the Cowboys demolish us, I would rather not watch any games but the ones that are live on tv.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-12-2008, 09:34 PM
keithtr, I'm annoyed w/ the NFL for sitting on their precious. Here's what it's gonna take me this offseason to have put into place by week 1.

---A HD Direct TV reciever
-Sunday ticket (duh)
--Superfan- only way to get D-tv games in HD. Doesn't guarantee Bills in HD!
--DVD burner or recorder on my main tv w/ the HD d-tv reciever..
--So i'm gonna have to record live or option B which i prefer is to HD DVR all 16 games then record them from DVR -to- DVD recorder.. That is going to take time.
--Not so important is the blank DVD's and cases. Cases drive the cost up a tad.

---Mainly it's going to cost me time. The time to learn how to record a dvd from the DVR. Which i dunno if i'll conquer that task...A friend of mine who was the 1st person i know to get a DVR, he got a Tivo about 4-5 years ago & claims there's no way to record to DVD from his Tivo to his DVD recorder...IMO technology has improved and they are somewhat compatable now...
---Bottom line is if i do all that work to make this happen & a Zoner who i post w/ on a regular bases like say Mikey, or HHuricane etc, both whom i enjoy teir company asked me for the whole season, then what would i set the price at without being considered greedy or a copyright infractor? It would have to just cover 3 things. Cost & time.
-1-So 16 DVD's & cases runs about $25-ish(roughly guessing).
-2-Time--making copies for 16 games! for my noob-ass who burns at the same rate it plays(noob-loser). Hopefully i can go HD-DVR to DVD then it wont be as time consuming for burning copies...... IMO 6-8 hours labor, say $25-whatever
-3-Postage- 16 DVD's plus cases. guessing = $20
-So the minimum for hooking up internet friends is $70. I said i'd pay the NFL up to $150..

keithtr, Does $70 raise your flag? curious..

--I'm not doing this but if i did, then this is the preocess i would take.. Regardless since the NFL isn't releasing their games i'm burning for personal use. And that's going to be awesome for offseasons... But i do feel the dark sides pull.

Please tell me you are not seriously thinking of doing this.... the few $ you MAY make will be nothing compared to the hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines including some jail time WHEN you get caught. The NFL is freaking anal about their copyright and would have no problem making an example of you.

Marvelous
05-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Nah, it's a felony. I was joking about " The lure of the darkside is hard to resist etc etc etc..."

-But i do want to own them for personal usage and fans who really want them like myself..

--ddaryl,jamze132 and those who have no interest is understandable, BUT i'm not looking for just watching the losses esp the superbowls or playoffs etc. Right now i'd enjoy watching a few games with Trent Edwards to remember his style more.. So far the games i've seen on NFL replay are JP's games and he sure doesn;t look like a bust to me. But that's a thread killer if ever.. I just wanna watch em in the offseaosn just like i wanna post about em in the O-season....To each his own....