PDA

View Full Version : 1 injury position that can hurt us this season??

Mitchy moo
05-12-2008, 10:25 AM
I will go with a injury on the O-line and we have a major hole in whatever that spot would be. I cannot see anyone easily filling in for who we have now, next........

dannyek71
05-12-2008, 10:30 AM
an injury to DD would kill us on the line

casdhf
05-12-2008, 10:31 AM
I think DT. If Stroud goes down, or doesn't regain form, the run D could be as bad as last year.

Mitchy moo
05-12-2008, 10:32 AM
an injury to DD would kill us on the line

OMG you are so right, him or Peters .

justasportsfan
05-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Lynch

TacklingDummy
05-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Schobel or Stroud getting injuried would hurt the most.

Then again, it would hurt alot if they played the way they did last year.

EDS
05-12-2008, 10:38 AM
I think DT. If Stroud goes down, or doesn't regain form, the run D could be as bad as last year.

Agreed.

raphael120
05-12-2008, 10:50 AM
And injury to JP Losman would be detrimental. I say we forfeit the season if he gets hurt. No sense in playing when JP Los-"iron"-man is down for the count.

justasportsfan
05-12-2008, 10:57 AM
And injury to JP Losman would be detrimental. I say we forfeit the season if he gets hurt. No sense in playing when JP Los-"iron"-man is down for the count.
Please don't ruin a skooby thread. :huh:

It's one of the very few good ones.

TacklingDummy
05-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Please don't ruin a skooby thread. :huh:

It's one of the very few good ones.

Thread hijacking happens when we can't have threads about the QB position.

Now people will complain about things getting off topic and turning it into another JP bash.

colin
05-12-2008, 11:18 AM
qb if our qb is hot. wr otherwise. if evans goes down we have exactly what on O?

TacklingDummy
05-12-2008, 11:22 AM
qb if our qb is hot. wr otherwise. if evans goes down we have exactly what on O?

The 2006 Evans or the 2007 Evans?

justasportsfan
05-12-2008, 11:30 AM
The 2006 Evans or the 2007 Evans?
both.

justasportsfan
05-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Now people will complain about things getting off topic and turning it into another JP bash.
we'll just have to make sure you don't goat that poster that goes by TD

eyedog
05-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Without a doubt it's Peters. Remember when he went down late last year ? Who exactly steps in for him ?

The Answer
05-12-2008, 01:37 PM
If Edwards goes down for the season we are screwed unless we sign Culpepper, Holcomb, or another capable veteran QB.

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
05-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Without a doubt it's Peters. Remember when he went down late last year ? Who exactly steps in for him ?

I feel the same way, if Peters goes down it's going to be a big problem.

justasportsfan
05-12-2008, 01:39 PM
If Edwards goes down for the season we are screwed unless we sign Culpepper, Holcomb, or another capable veteran QB.

~The Answer
Is Holcomb still unemployed? :idunno:

feelthepain
05-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Gee, I don't see a name listed of a player that missed time last year...except JP of course and that was a sarcastic post at best. How is it the Bills had so many injuries in 07 and none of those players will change the Bills if lost in 08, but their loss changed how good the Bill were in 07? BTW, didn't Peters go down in the last game of the season last year? Hardly a monumental loss by that time.

Bill Cody
05-12-2008, 01:46 PM

Bell-Malone.

justasportsfan
05-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Gee, I don't see a name listed of a player that missed time last year...except JP of course and that was a sarcastic post at best. How is it the Bills had so many injuries in 07 and none of those players will change the Bills if lost in 08, but their loss changed how good the Bill were in 07? BTW, didn't Peters go down in the last game of the season last year? Hardly a monumental loss by that time.Imagine that, we swept the fins with back ups.

Mitchy moo
05-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Gee, I don't see a name listed of a player that missed time last year...except JP of course and that was a sarcastic post at best. How is it the Bills had so many injuries in 07 and none of those players will change the Bills if lost in 08, but their loss changed how good the Bill were in 07? BTW, didn't Peters go down in the last game of the season last year? Hardly a monumental loss by that time.

FTP, this is for this season. Losing Peters in my estimate would be a huge problem. You are correct in saying that by the end of the year it didn't mean as much but fear of it happening again but earlier still lingers in my mind. We need him to be at the top of his game with the rest of the line.

How's your new QB looking ??

Pinkerton Security

i agree. without evans, can you imagine? hes our only established deep threat, so marshawn would see tons of 8 and 9 men-in-the-box formations, and the whole O would skid to a halt...worse than it was. scary.

TacklingDummy
Imagine that, we swept the fins with back ups.

But he does have a point. There was no great loss in any of them. Out of all of them the only one I'd like to have seen get more action is Poz.

Dr. Lecter
05-12-2008, 01:51 PM
The biggest problem with the players out was the cumaltive effect of them.

justasportsfan
05-12-2008, 01:52 PM
But he does have a point. There was no great loss in any of them. Out of all of them the only one I'd like to have seen get more action is Poz.
while there was no big loss there was no big gain either by having sevral players on IR. You can't tell me that a healthy Poz wouldn't have helped this team one way or another. If he stayed healthy he would've improved. Kelsay is not a game changer nor is Denney, but they would've helped.

Hard to get continuity or familiarity when they guy beside keeps changing.

If you think of it, it's actually not a bad thing that this teams season does not depend on 1 guy.

TacklingDummy
05-12-2008, 01:57 PM
while there was no big loss there was no big gain either by having sevral players on IR. You can't tell me that a healthy Poz wouldn't have helped this team one way or another. If he stayed healthy he would've improved. Kelsay is not a game changer nor is Denney, but they would've helped.

Out of all of them the only one I'd like to have seen get more action is Poz.

justasportsfan
05-12-2008, 02:01 PM
I would've loved a healthy Kelsay , Simpson ,Poz , Denney and even Price . They may not be players to write home about but they all would have contibuted . We ended having to scrape players off the streets.

Mr. Miyagi
05-12-2008, 02:03 PM
If Evans goes down, it's all over.

Roscoe is fun to watch and has speed, but doesn't make the catches Lee does.

justasportsfan
05-12-2008, 02:07 PM
If Evans goes down, it's all over.

Roscoe is fun to watch and has speed, but doesn't make the catches Lee does.

Evans is a good as injured if he can't gain chemistry with Trent in the deep ball . If they can't, I think Trent is gonna go elsewhere in the short to mid range. We can still win with a hybrid WCO except that Evans will no longer be a big play wr.

feelthepain
05-12-2008, 02:10 PM
FTP, this is for this season. Losing Peters in my estimate would be a huge problem. You are correct in saying that by the end of the year it didn't mean as much but fear of it happening again but earlier still lingers in my mind. We need him to be at the top of his game with the rest of the line.

How's your new QB looking ??

Not much to tell you, it's only been a rookie Minicamp. He seemed to look bad on the last day of camp. But again, who knows. There's a lot of camp to get through. I'm confident Beck will be our starting QB and he'll be much better prepared come the first game of the season then he was his first game last year. I did learn Beck was still running the practice squad offense 2 weeks after Trent went down for the season that would have been week 7, beck started week 10. Beck was never really prepared to start in 07. It is what it is, Beck has been given a lot of attention since the new staff was hired, I think he'll at the very least be prepared the next time he starts.

eyedog
05-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Beck may start the year but he isn't in there for the long haul. Parcells didn't use a high pick on Henne to sit behind beck.

ublinkwescore
05-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Lynch

I think Jackson will be alright spelling lynch.

ublinkwescore
05-12-2008, 02:28 PM
I would've loved a healthy Kelsay , Simpson ,Poz , Denney and even Price . They may not be players to write home about but they all would have contibuted . We ended having to scrape players off the streets.

Poz was showing flashes - give the guy some time - he should only improve.

justasportsfan
05-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I think Jackson will be alright spelling lynch. He isn't a proven workhorse or that he can carry the load.

feelthepain
05-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Beck may start the year but he isn't in there for the long haul. Parcells didn't use a high pick on Henne to sit behind beck.

So your saying you can only have one young talented QB on your roster? Miami had Beck and McCown, they needed another QB to compete. The Dolphins were prepared to pass on a QB at 57 if Henne wasn't there. They really liked Henne as did most teams. I wouldn't call a player drafted at the end of the 2nd round a high DP especially a QB. How do you know Henne wasn't the highset rated player left on the Dolphins board at 57? You don't. I'm not at all concerned about Henne beating Beck for a starting Job. I love having Henne where we drafted him, I think it was an excellent value pick at 57. I hope Miami now has a deep and talented QB group. Time will tell. If we do, we're in great shape. Miami's biggest issues over the last 3 years has been QB and Oline. Miami has made strides in both of those areas the last two years with Satele, Long, Murphy, Smiley, Beck and Henne.

justasportsfan
05-12-2008, 02:32 PM
- give the guy some time - he should only improve.
never disagreed. :up:

justasportsfan
05-12-2008, 02:35 PM

Miami's biggest issues over the last 3 years has been QB.3 years? It's been questionable since Marino left just like ours when Kelly left.

feelthepain
05-12-2008, 02:57 PM
.3 years? It's been questionable since Marino left just like ours when Kelly left.
Fiedler may not have been the best QB ever, but we were a playoff team for the most part while he was here and he did contribute to that success. Miami has still been far more competitive over the last 10 years then the Bills. Miami's only been bad for 3 of the past 10 years. We had a team that went 9-7 in 05 winning our last 6 games that year. I'd say we've had more success with our QB's then the Bills with theirs.

eyedog
05-12-2008, 02:58 PM
So your saying you can only have one young talented QB on your roster? Miami had Beck and McCown, they needed another QB to compete. The Dolphins were prepared to pass on a QB at 57 if Henne wasn't there. They really liked Henne as did most teams. I wouldn't call a player drafted at the end of the 2nd round a high DP especially a QB. How do you know Henne wasn't the highset rated player left on the Dolphins board at 57? You don't. I'm not at all concerned about Henne beating Beck for a starting Job. I love having Henne where we drafted him, I think it was an excellent value pick at 57. I hope Miami now has a deep and talented QB group. Time will tell. If we do, we're in great shape. Miami's biggest issues over the last 3 years has been QB and Oline. Miami has made strides in both of those areas the last two years with Satele, Long, Murphy, Smiley, Beck and Henne.

McCown has sucked everywhere he's been and Beck was drafted by the last f-o. Parcells isn't using a 2nd rder on Henne so he can be a backup, it's just a matter of time. It's not like Miami is solid at every position and can just throw away 2nd rder's for the hell of it. I think it was a good pick and after Miami goes about 2-10 to start the year you will see Henne, if not sooner.

Dr. Lecter
05-12-2008, 02:59 PM
I would say the relative success with the midget and Feidler offset each other.

But I miss Ray Lucas. :D

The Answer
05-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Culpepper? That's something I would expect from FTP. Hell, I guess I should that expect that kind of ludicracy from you too.

So you are saying that Loserman is a better QB than Culpepper?

~The Answer

jamze132
05-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Back to the topic at hand...

The one player that would absolutely make the Bills 3-13 team if lost would be Jason Peters. If he goes down, we are done. Kirk Chambers, the Dolphin castoff isn't cutting it.

eyedog
05-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Oops silly me, I forgot you were best buds with BP and he's been sharing his draft strategy and season plans with you. BTW, let me guess you've predicted Beck would be 2-10, I'm guess you have Edwards going 10-2 over that same stretch right??

You don't have to be best buds with BP to see what he was doing. He wanted his qb because he obviously didn't like what was left { Beck}, thus 2nd rd. pick on Henne. And no Beck won't last long enough to go 2-10 on his own.

It's your team and you don't even know what they are doing. Typical Miami bandwagoner.

jamze132
05-12-2008, 03:41 PM
So you are saying that Loserman is a better QB than Culpepper?

~The Answer
At this stage in the game, he is still unemployed, no? Since he is unemployed, it's for a reason. Probably because 32 teams think he's done and ins't going to contribute anything.

And for the record, I would rather have the mental midget behind Trent than an aging veteran who still thinks he still can compete in this league. I think he would cause more problems in the clubhouse than JP. Also, the Bills probably aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year, much less make it there, so why would I want Dante as a stop gap or backup? Let the young guys play...

The Answer
05-12-2008, 03:47 PM
At this stage in the game, he is still unemployed, no? Since he is unemployed, it's for a reason. Probably because 32 teams think he's done and ins't going to contribute anything.

And for the record, I would rather have the mental midget behind Trent than an aging veteran who still thinks he still can compete in this league. I think he would cause more problems in the clubhouse than JP. Also, the Bills probably aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year, much less make it there, so why would I want Dante as a stop gap or backup? Let the young guys play...

And if Losman weren't on this team he would be unemployed as well.

Culpepper is not as bad a QB that some people may think - he sucked in Miami because he had a bad team around him and he wasn't healthy. Last year in Oakland he was healthy, but still not 100%. It takes 2 full seasons to recover from the type of injury he had.

I'm not saying the guy is a full time starter, but for a veteran back up I would take a guy who through for nearly 5000 yards and 40 TD's in one season than a scrub like Losman who has never done anything in this league.

~The Answer

eyedog
05-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Really, did it ever occur to you the reason JP wasn't traded is because the coaching staff isn't sold on Edwards?? I think I can play that game with the Bill's FO too. It's your team shouldn't you be able see the obvious??

Losman was Donahoe's guy. Donahoe left in comes new coach and f-o and what do they do ?, take Edwards in the 3rd rd. Soon enough Edwards is the guy and Losman is backup.
Not saying I agree with all that, but those are the facts.
And you were saying ?

feelthepain
05-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Losman was Donahoe's guy. Donahoe left in comes new coach and f-o and what do they do ?, take Edwards in the 3rd rd. Soon enough Edwards is the guy and Losman is backup.
Not saying I agree with all that, but those are the facts.
And you were saying ?

How can you claim facts when you're not part of any front office and the decisions being made? You can assume, but that's all you can do. It's not different with other teams, just because something seems obvious doesn't make it so. I think your opinionS are bias and that affects your view of things. You are basing your opinion of the Dolphins drafting of Henne on Becks 5 games and ther previous coaching staff pick, you have no idea what's being said to Beck or McCown or Henne.

You have no Idea whats being said to Edwards or Losman. Everything you post is nothing but assumptions. I could care less how you think things will be or what your view of the situation is because you have no idea why Miami drafted Henne or why Buffalo didn't trade Losman, so you telling everyone "FACTS ARE FACTS" is BS! They aren't facts they're "assumptions" BIG difference.

feelthepain
05-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Wrong again.
Barring injury it is already known that Edwards is starting in Buffalo.

And if you think Parcells used a 2nd rd. pick for a guy who won't eventually be his starter than you must be a Dolphin fan.

And you're obviously a Bill fan cause you're extremely bias and you think your opinion is different then anyone elses, but it's not. Do you think I care who you think the Dolphins will start and why or why they drafted the players they drafted?

Hell no, you claim Edwards is a guaranteed starter and maybe he is or maybe he isn't. But if he is it's not because the the Bills FO drafted Edwards, it's because JP is so bad that they have little choice but to start anyone else. After Losman and Edwards who does that leave?? That hardly makes you an expert on the Bills or what their FO thinks. Edwards just happens to be the lesser of 2 evils. He's anything but proven. But you keep living in that world where you think the Bills QB situation is solved and the Dolphins QB situation isn't.

You keep thinking Henne will be starting because Beck won't get it done and the Dolphins FO is convinced of that and I'll keep thinking the Bills will be in serious trouble at some point during the 08 season cause Edwards won't make it through the season healthy.

Mitchy moo
05-12-2008, 08:27 PM
And you're obviously a Bill fan cause you're extremely bias and you think your opinion is different then anyone elses, but it's not. Do you think I care who you think the Dolphins will start and why or why they drafted the players they drafted?

Hell no, you claim Edwards is a guaranteed starter and maybe he is or maybe he isn't. But if he is it's not because the the Bills FO drafted Edwards, it's because JP is so bad that they have little choice but to start anyone else. After Losman and Edwards who does that leave?? That hardly makes you an expert on the Bills or what their FO thinks. Edwards just happens to be the lesser of 2 evils. He's anything but proven. But you keep living in that world where you think the Bills QB situation is solved and the Dolphins QB situation isn't.

You keep thinking Henne will be starting because Beck won't get it done and the Dolphins FO is convinced of that and I'll keep thinking the Bills will be in serious trouble at some point during the 08 season cause Edwards won't make it through the season healthy.

Edwards showed a ability to lead us to more than 1 win, you cannot claim that about your whole QB'n staff last season. It has to be mildly difficult to come on here and point fingers at potential problem area's of a team when your whole fin team was dysfunctional from top to bottom. Keep in mind that we at least had a a chance of making the playoffs in October, your team didn't. That in itself is pretty sad and leaves you little room to make points.

eyedog
05-12-2008, 08:39 PM

-Don't care who the Dolphins start, but I know it will eventually be Henne based on the early draft pick and he was chosen by Parcells.
-Jauron has said Edwards is the starter.
-"After Losman and Edwards", if we get to #3 it won't really matter.
-Your wrong again, I am an expert on the Bills.
-I never said Edwards was proven.
-I never said the Bills qb situation is solved.
-When you draft a qb in the 2nd rd.{Dolphins}your qb situation is far from solved, especially the Dolphins.
-most qb's don't make it through a full 16 game schedule.

Anything else you are trying to say ?

PECKERWOOD
05-12-2008, 08:40 PM
One injury that will help us will be Edwards'! GO LOSMAN, JPD!!!!!! :gobills:

justasportsfan
05-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Again - facts and stats say that Culpepper has had a much better career than Loseman, in fact it's not even close.

Just because he has played on bad teams the last 2 years don't mean he's finished. He will be on an NFL roster sooner, not later.

~The Answer

I bolded the important part. Which is past tense. Just like Holcomb is past tense. :up:

djjimkelly
05-12-2008, 11:33 PM
peters or evans are only ones this team would be scrwed over if they got hurt