• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Reich has faith he'll get an NFL job

Hopefully good old Franky boy gets his break sometime soon. You have to wonder why Marv didn't add him to the coaching staff here in Buffalo. Seems he's the blue collar, intelligent type of former player that would have fit perfectly on this offensive staff.

Reich has faith he’ll get NFL job

By DAN SERNOFFSKY
    Daily News Sportswriter
    Lebanon Daily News

Frank Reich is not testing the seminary president free-agency market.

But that doesn’t mean he is in any way neglecting his faith.

Reich, the former Cedar Crest High School standout who went on to even greater success as a collegiate quarterback at Maryland and a National Football League signal-caller in Buffalo, remains committed to keeping the intersection of life and faith firmly wedded to his life’s journey. For now, that means pursuing the “free agency” market as an NFL coach.

“I’ve been pursuing a coaching job in the NFL,” Reich said yesterday while attending the annual St. Paul’s Knights of Columbus golf tournament at Fairview Golf Course in Quentin. “I was in the (Indianapolis) Colts training camp last year as an internship, was just invited back for minicamp and OTAs (organized team activities), which go about a month. I’ll go there May 16, be there for a month. No guarantees after that, but hopefully it’s another step in the right direction to connecting with a job in the NFL.” .................

~The Answer
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: Reich has faith he'll get an NFL job

You have to wonder why Marv didn't add him to the coaching staff here in Buffalo.
    Maybe because it wasn't his staff but Dick Jauron's?
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

I would think that if he's really interested in coaching, and doesn't land an NFL position, he would look into a college level assistant position. There are a lot more college jobs out there, and for many, the road to an NFL position goes through the college coaching ranks.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

I can't imagine that someone wouldn't give him a shot as QB Coach, or the like.

Most NFL insiders understood his particular brand of genius, and most understood that he was possibly the best backup in the history of the league.

I always thought that guys like he and Jimbo didn't want to coach due to the time that needs dedicated to the job.

Comment

• The Answer
          The Plagiarist
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Historian
          I can't imagine that someone wouldn't give him a shot as QB Coach, or the like.

Most NFL insiders understood his particular brand of genius, and most understood that he was possibly the best backup in the history of the league.

I always thought that guys like he and Jimbo didn't want to coach due to the time that needs dedicated to the job.
          You ain't kidding.

It's amazing that Reich can't find a job, yet bums like Mularkey keep getting recycled in this league. I'm still amazed that Atlanta gave him the offensive coordinator position knowing they were trying to wipe the slate clean and start all over with a rookie 1st round pick.

Jason Garrett was a solid back up QB in this league and he did wonders with the Cowboy's offense and Tony Romo last year. Reich could likely have a similar result.

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
          X