• Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Ex-manager says O.J. confessed to ex-wife's murder

Updated: May 12, 2008, 7:24 AM EST

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A memorabilia dealer who profited from O.J. Simpson for many years is the latest former crony to write a tell-all book, this one alleging a groggy Simpson, high on marijuana, confessed to killing his ex-wife after he was acquitted.

Mike Gilbert also claims he helped his former friend wiggle out of the murder charges by suggesting how to bloat his hands so they wouldn't fit the notorious bloody gloves.

Gilbert's book, "How I Helped O.J. Get Away With Murder: The Shocking Inside Story of Violence, Loyalty, Regret and Remorse" (Regnery Publishing, 232 pages, $27.95), is due in stores Monday. It was released to The Associated Press in advance.

He said Simpson had smoked pot, took a sleeping pill and was drinking beer when he confided at his Brentwood home weeks after his trial what happened the night of June 12, 1994. Simpson said he went to his ex-wife's condominium, but did not bring a knife with him. Simpson told him Nicole Brown Simpson had one in her hand when she opened the door........

~The Answer
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: Ex-manager says O.J. confessed to ex-wife's murder

This guy is just trying to make $ off something 99.9% of the country already knows

Comment

• feelthepain
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Mar 2005

I think it's beyond a given he did it. But when you're a Millionare you decrease your odds of taking the wrap with every dollar you spend.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

I find it pretty fishy that he is writing a book about it.. Ok, so he confessed to you.. BOOK OVER!! What else is there to say really? Sounds like an Obama speech to me.

Comment

• Scumbag College
          • Oct 2002

This still doesn't convince me that OJ did it. If the glove doesn't fit, you musn't...something or the other.
          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• realdealryan
            realdealrex
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
            Sounds like an Obama speech to me.
            OJ communicated more solid information and plans of action during a Hertz commercial than Obama ever has.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i wish someone would kidnap OJ and put him in a real life version of "The Hostel".

and then sell the tape of his torture.

i hate him so much.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Answer
                http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...-wife's-murder

Mike Gilbert also claims he helped his former friend wiggle out of the murder charges by suggesting how to bloat his hands so they wouldn't fit the notorious bloody gloves.

Gilbert's book, "How I Helped O.J. Get Away With Murder: The Shocking Inside Story of Violence, Loyalty, Regret and Remorse" (Regnery Publishing, 232 pages, $27.95), is due in stores Monday. It was released to The Associated Press in advance.

He said Simpson had smoked pot, took a sleeping pill and was drinking beer when he confided at his Brentwood home weeks after his trial what happened the night of June 12, 1994. Simpson said he went to his ex-wife's condominium, but did not bring a knife with him. Simpson told him Nicole Brown Simpson had one in her hand when she opened the door........

I'm not defending OJ but if this guy is admitting to helping OJ then isn't he guilty of aiding and abetting (sp?). Also, if Nicole had the knife in her hand when she opened the door then he would have had to wrestle it away, no? Wouldn't there have been signs of a struggle?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Whatever. There is nothing that can or is going to be done about it now. Everyone knows he did it, but you have to be "beyond a resonable doubt" to get convicted. Now usually, this isn't the case, we just lock em' up and throw away the key. But when you have money you can defeat murder charges and destroy AIDS.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

I'd still be interested to read both books...for some odd reason.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Saw Gilbert on Fox this morning, and he seemed like a very credible guy.

What I don't understand about this whole matter is why the courts have never really enforced the civil wrongful death conviction of OJ, i.e., why he has had to pay the Goldmans so little of the $30 Miilion (as I recall) judgement against him.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

I believe he filed for bankruptcy or something. The rumor he has money stashed away off shore, but I thought thats how he got out of paying the Goldman's so much.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                          • Sep 2003

Commisioner Roger Goodell says that this new information did not affect the outcome of any murders so no further action will be taken by the league.

PTR

Originally posted by The Answer
                          http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...-wife's-murder

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A memorabilia dealer who profited from O.J. Simpson for many years is the latest former crony to write a tell-all book, this one alleging a groggy Simpson, high on marijuana, confessed to killing his ex-wife after he was acquitted.

~The Answer
                          10 Commandments of the D
                          1. Never stop Rocking.
                          2. Legalize all drugs.
                          3. Quit your day job.
                          4. All Religion should be taxed.
                          5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                          6. F**k her gently.
                          7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                          8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                          9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                          10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

The next thing I care to hear about O.J. is his passing.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Aug 2004

Sorry, I'm not buying it. And, I'm sure that a lot of people aren't going to like what I am about to say on the subject.

To this day no one has answered the key question: where was all of the blood?

If you stab a person 30 times there is going to be blood all over. I'm not talking about a couple of drops of blood. I'm talking about almost a gallon. Spurting out here and there, spraying all over the place. It gets in the hair, the eyes, even the nose. All over everything.

If you stab two people, there is going to be even more blood. Even if you only stab one of the two people a couple of times.

If you saw some of the pictures of the murder scene, there was blood all over the place. A person who was there, committing those murders would have been drenched in blood.

So, where did all that blood go?

There were a few drops in the car. Some perhaps on his shoes.

Some on the gloves--assuming they fit.

But, where were all the bloody clothes? Because they would have been very bloody. Even a wet suit would have been drenched and leaking blood all over. There would have been enough blood on the clothes to soak through a bag.

And, more importantly, how did he get rid of all of that blood in the 20 minutes or so that he had to shower and clean up afterwards. Blood like that doesn't just go away or wash down a drain without leaving traces that can be found.

You have to scrub with vinegar to get it completely out of the hair and off the skin so that it can't be found. It takes time to do that and then wash the vinegar off. And, of course, the vinegar leaves an odor afterwards unless it has all been carefully and completely scrubbed off and covered over.

Time, then, becomes a real issue. How do you fit all of this into the time-line?

Given the absence of that kind of blood and the time to get rid of it, one can suggest very realistic alternative theories of what might have happened that place OJ at the scene and account for the amounts of blood that were found in his car, on his socks and shoes, etc. that would exhonerate him of murder, but also explain why, given his lifestyle, the lifestyle of his wife and that of her girlfriend who was living with her but out of town at the time, he would be unwilling to say anything of what he might know about what happened to the police. In short, he might have been there, known who did commit the murders, but be afraid to reveal what he knows for fear of any number of things.

The thing is that, given the evidence available at the time of the trial, we don't know for sure what happened. And, the law states that twelve jurors must vote "guilty" beyond a reasonable doubt in order to convict.

And, where all of the blood--that would have been on him after committing the murders--went in the time available for him to get rid of it before the limo showed up can be logically seen as constituting reasonable doubt. Which is not to say that he didn't do it...just that IMHO a piece is missing to prove that he did.
                              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                              X