• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Pommers price has just gone up big time

The Nashville Predators have agreed to a seven-year, $31.5 million contract with forward Martin Erat. Erat was due to become a restricted free agent.

The market is setting up for Pommers and he is gonna get paid. I think we can forget about less than 5 mil per.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Pommers price has just gone up big time

Is there anyone here who expected less than 5? Not me. 5 would be a bargain at today's rates.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
      Closet Bills Fan
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      The Nashville Predators have agreed to a seven-year, $31.5 million contract with forward Martin Erat. Erat was due to become a restricted free agent.

The market is setting up for Pommers and he is gonna get paid. I think we can forget about less than 5 mil per.
      so he got paid 4.5 million/yr and your throwing a fit about that?? lol

pommers will be getting at least 6mil/yr and its just the market, not much you can do

j-e-t-s
      jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

I forgot about less than 5 million per halfway through last season.I was figuring between 5 and 6 for him.

This might end up being a 6 year 33 million deal for Pominville.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
          Closet Bills Fan
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          I forgot about less than 5 million per halfway through last season.I was figuring between 5 and 6 for him.

This might end up being a 6 year 33 million deal for Pominville.
          which i have no problem... but he's using a 4.5 mil/yr deal as a sticking point?

j-e-t-s
          jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• User Manuel
            The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
            • Nov 2003

If you benchmark Erat and Pominville you can expect somewhat the same deal. You may be underestimating Erat a bit. They are very similar players value wise.

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Erat is a very Pominville like player.

I'd peg Poms at around 33 mill over 6 years
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Anybody want to continue to doubt that Campbell will get at least $6mil if not $7mil and that you can start the bidding on Miller at $40mil for 6 years??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Which is why trading Campbell was not a bad move.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

Pommers isn't worth 6 mill based upon one or two good years. He is a good utility forward, not Superstar material. We need to get him for around 4.5-5 mill over 6 or 7 years. This league is headed for another lockout with all of these ridiculous salaries again.
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                      Pommers isn't worth 6 mill based upon one or two good years. He is a good utility forward, not Superstar material. We need to get him for around 4.5-5 mill over 6 or 7 years. This league is headed for another lockout with all of these ridiculous salaries again.
                      Agreed about the ridiculous salaries but disagree with the other stuff. Poms is our leader now, like it or not. He needs to get re-signed and it a priority.

Oh and as for the crazy salaries, rumor has it that the cap is going to go up to $56 million already and over $60 million next year.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        Agreed about the ridiculous salaries but disagree with the other stuff. Poms is our leader now, like it or not. He needs to get re-signed and it a priority.

Oh and as for the crazy salaries, rumor has it that the cap is going to go up to $56 million already and over $60 million next year.
                        I have the ultimate respect for him and his unselfish attitude but you just can't annoint him our franchise player based on one or two decent years. We have invested heavily into other players that showed potential with a good year and then they have disappeared on us so I would tread lightly with this one. That being said I think that Pommers is going to be a good consistent pro throughout his whole career. Also, just because the cap is going up doesn't mean TG is going to spend the money.
                        My Band
                        daveviterna.com

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

The problem is they have to show him the money or he will leave after next year.

He plays PP, PK and has 60+ goals in the last two seasons. He led the team in scoring this year and will quite possible be the captain next year.They have to get him long term.

BTW, this will also make Paille a 2 million + a year guy.

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82

The cap is most likely going up to 56 this year which would make the minimum at least 40 mil which is going to cause trouble for many teams. But as long as it is teams in the South and West (Phoenix) then I'm still ok with it.

They need to get hockey out of there and more in Canada.

D & S Sports

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

Can anyone say LOCKOUT?

Either that or GM strike. Should be EXCITTTINGGGGG
                              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

Working...
                              X