PDA

View Full Version : Draftee Weathersby a sound cornerback

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-17-2003, 03:15 PM
(April 16, 2003) -- Quietly, Dennis Weathersby has become one of the best cornerback prospects in the 2003 NFL Draft. This isn't a surprise because, after all, Weathersby is a calm, reserved young man.

"He's different than your typical athlete," said Clintel Henley, Weathersby's godbrother. "He's a watcher -- he'll watch things and let them sink in mentally and kind of study the situation, and then he'll react after that."

While the team that last won the Super Bowl boasts several players on its defense capable of creating a sound byte, Weathersby lets his play on the field do the talking. Ask him a question and he'll practically digest it for a beat or two, then respond. That's it. No hype, no glitz. Just a football player.

And based on his career up to this point, one heck of a football player.

Weathersby started playing football when he was eight years old, playing in a junior All-America league instead of Pop Warner. He actually started out as a running back, then played receiver as he got taller. But once he got to high school, he learned the position he would ultimately play professionally.

"I know I play cornerback better (than receiver) because I'm able to cover pretty well and give receivers a challenge, a harder matchup," Weathersby said. "I'm also able to disrupt the timing of an offense."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6303715

Dozerdog
04-22-2003, 10:41 AM
To bad someone tried to turn him into swiss cheese

Patrick76777
04-22-2003, 10:50 AM
I watched him play, he has some Holes in his game.

Dozerdog
04-22-2003, 10:54 AM
This from a sponge...LOL :lol: