PDA

View Full Version : GREAT article on John DiGiorgio from CBS Sportsline

Coach Sal
05-12-2008, 06:52 PM
The Graduate: Bills' DiGiorgio breaks out of the 'Pac'
By Clark Judge
CBSSports.com Senior Writer

We interrupt the Matt Walsh hearings, the Michael Boley arrest and the Chris Henry inquiry to bring you a message from John DiGiorgio, linebacker of the Buffalo Bills.

He graduated from college.

And there you have it, folks. DiGiorgio graduated from Saginaw Valley State University last weekend, completing the requirements needed to fulfill his degree in physical and health education, with a minor in psychology.

Period.

So what? So his story is a relief from the spate of bad news involving the NFL and one that should be told. In essence, John DiGiorgio going back to school to gain his degree is a story about what is right with the NFL, and hallelujah.
DiGiorgio was Saginaw's career tackling leader who went undrafted, earned a job in Buffalo as a free-agent backup and stepped in for the injured Paul Posluszny a year ago to become the Bills' second-leading tackler.

OK, big deal. Well, actually, it is because this is the same guy who was so determined to gain his college degree that he did offseason teaching the last two years -- first at the high-school level, then in elementary school.

According to the NFL, 17 veterans last year interrupted their pro careers to return to schools and complete their degrees. I don't know about you, but I like the sound of that more than I do another Pacman Jones appeal.

more....
http://www.sportsline.com/print/nfl/story/10823707

hydro
05-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Great article :bf1:

Dr. Lecter
05-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Love to hear stories like this!

EDS
05-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Did he leave college early or did he just need more then the normal 4 years to complete his graduation requirements?

Jan Reimers
05-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Great read. Maybe he can talk with James Hardy.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-13-2008, 09:03 AM
:up:

Dr. Lecter
05-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Great read. Maybe he can talk with James Hardy.

Do you want to talk James Hardy? I hear he has a temper.

The Answer
05-13-2008, 10:48 AM
We are definitely set at linebacker and The Digi's evolution could land him a spot on the probowl roster this season if his stellar play continues.

This tackling machine from Saginaw Valley State was a great find by our scouting department for sure!

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
05-13-2008, 11:04 AM
We are definitely set at linebacker and The Digi's evolution could land him a spot on the probowl roster this season if his stellar play continues.

This tackling machine from Saginaw Valley State was a great find by our scouting department for sure!

~The Answer

Pro Bowl?????????

A back-up LB on the Pro Bowl roster?

The Answer
05-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Pro Bowl?????????

A back-up LB on the Pro Bowl roster?

He is a starter and poz ain't got nothing on The Digi.

~The Answer