PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry

Patrick76777
08-26-2002, 08:21 AM
Must go!!!! He’s no good. Give the ball to Bryson, he’s no Marshall Faulk, but at least he has some speed to get to get around the end. Henry has had ONE good set of downs in 3 preseason games, and that’s when he was running straight up the gut. Please give the ball to Bryson.

LtBillsFan66
08-26-2002, 08:26 AM
I'm not sold on Henry either.

BambinoSux
08-26-2002, 08:29 AM
I haven't seen Bryson lighting it up myself this preseason. Why is Bryson so good and Henry not???

Patrick76777
08-26-2002, 08:30 AM
Have you watched Henry?

THATHURMANATOR
08-26-2002, 08:32 AM
Neither have been that impressive if you ask me.

Patrick76777
08-26-2002, 08:36 AM
On Saturday, Bryson had two nice runs brought back on account of Penalties. Last year Bryson had a 4.3 yard average! Henry, had an awful 3.4 yard average.

JayWood
08-26-2002, 08:45 AM
I agree that Henry has not showed me anything this pre season, but neither has Bryson, lets hope that when the games actually mean something one of these two guys can step it up. Hey Thurman, got any game left in ya buddy??

THATHURMANATOR
08-26-2002, 08:53 AM
I think that Henry will be the starter and if he doesn't do well. We can always bring in Bryson. I think Morris looks the best out of the bunch.

Buffarama
08-26-2002, 09:01 AM
Think about what you're saying before bashing Henry. If you're all watching the same game I was, every time Henry got the ball the offensive line was already pushed three yards into the backfield. Geez, what do you all expect? The guy couldn't even get a step.

justasportsfan
08-26-2002, 09:03 AM
Running by committee? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?:angry:

JefftheBillsfan
08-26-2002, 09:06 AM
henry = the man

Plankton
08-26-2002, 09:20 AM
We've got to give him a chance. Let's give him a few games in the real season!

THATHURMANATOR
08-26-2002, 09:25 AM
True buffa!!! They definitly need to give TH some time as the exclusive back in the reg season before they make any changes.

BigMike68
08-26-2002, 10:11 AM
Henry has alot of drive and power which is what Gilbrides O need Bryson can't do that that why we have to start Travis.

iceblizzard69
08-26-2002, 10:46 AM
Preseason means nothing, judge them by their regular season play, but I think Henry sucks because I saw him play last season and he was horrible. GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Butch
08-26-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Must go!!!! He’s no good. Give the ball to Bryson, he’s no Marshall Faulk, but at least he has some speed to get to get around the end. Henry has had ONE good set of downs in 3 preseason games, and that’s when he was running straight up the gut. Please give the ball to Bryson.

Where were you after the Vikings game after Henry had a good game and Bryson didn't do squat? YOU WERE IN HIDING! If you aren't willing to comment if Henry has a good game and Bryson doesn't do anything, then there is no reason to call for Bryson every time Henry doesn't average 4 yards a carry. Why weren't you calling for Bryson after the Minnesota game? Is it because Henry averaged over 4.5 yards per carry and Bryson had less than 1? Is that the reason...pathetic.

Patrick76777
08-26-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Butch

Where were you after the Vikings game after Henry had a good game and Bryson didn't do squat? YOU WERE IN HIDING! If you aren't willing to comment if Henry has a good game and Bryson doesn't do anything, then there is no reason to call for Bryson every time Henry doesn't average 4 yards a carry. Why weren't you calling for Bryson after the Minnesota game? Is it because Henry averaged over 4.5 yards per carry and Bryson had less than 1? Is that the reason...pathetic.

First of all, Take it easy brother. Is Henry your boyfriend or something. I said in my post that he has had "one good series in 3 games" I stand behind this. I don't think we can rely on him over the long haul.

Next time I have an opinion on something, I'll check with you first.

casdhf
08-26-2002, 11:12 AM
as you should

justasportsfan
08-26-2002, 11:18 AM
LOL Butch! Take it easy bro. Cut down on that coffee!

Enjoy the :fishfry:

Butch
08-26-2002, 11:23 AM

First of all, Take it easy brother. Is Henry your boyfriend or something. I said in my post that he has had "one good series in 3 games" I stand behind this. I don't think we can rely on him over the long haul.

Next time I have an opinion on something, I'll check with you first.

He is as much a boyfriend to me as Bryson is to you. Next time you have an opinion, speak up when you are called out, don't go in hiding just because Bryson averaged less than 1 yard a carry.

Butch
08-26-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
LOL Butch! Take it easy bro. Cut down on that coffee!

Enjoy the :fishfry:

I'll take it easy as long as someone is willing to give their opinion no matter when the situation. Don't go in hiding just because your RB averages less than one yard a carry.

justasportsfan
08-26-2002, 11:27 AM
why not? finfans do it all the time? Fiedler has more scrambling than RW has rushing.LMAO!

Patrick76777
08-26-2002, 11:35 AM

He is as much a boyfriend to me as Bryson is to you. Next time you have an opinion, speak up when you are called out, don't go in hiding just because Bryson averaged less than 1 yard a carry.

What are you talking about dude. I think Bryson is faster and more explosive. I'm sick of Henry not making it around the corner and as wys pointed out earlier, if you take away the 17 yard gain, he had something like 11 carries for 3 yards. He hasn't showed me anything.

Patrick76777
08-26-2002, 11:35 AM
Hiding.....what are you talking about....I'm right here. I'm very nervous about Henry. I'll never hide bro

Butch
08-26-2002, 11:38 AM

What are you talking about dude. I think Bryson is faster and more explosive. I'm sick of Henry not making it around the corner and as wys pointed out earlier, if you take away the 17 yard gain, he had something like 11 carries for 3 yards. He hasn't showed me anything.

I love the "If you take away this play..." line. Why take it away, why take it away if he made a good run? If a guy rushes for 90 yards on 16 carries for a touchdown, should we ignore it because one run was a 50 yard run for a TD? No way.

Henry hasn't shown you anthing? Ok, I am now amused.

Butch
08-26-2002, 11:40 AM
Hiding.....what are you talking about....I'm right here. I'm very nervous about Henry. I'll never hide bro

You were in hiding. Where were you after the Minnesota game? Why weren't you calling for Bryson after that game? Was it because Henry had 11 carries for 50 yards? Was it because Bryson averaged less than a yard a carry? Why weren't you professing your opinion after that game?

Tatonka
08-26-2002, 12:16 PM
henry in minnesota ...

7 carries for 50 yards..

that equals... 7.14 yards a carry... kthx, please drive through..

bryson looked really explosive in minnesota.. i was especially impressed with his 2 goaline carries that got jammed back in his face... he finally fell in when they gave him the third one in a row..

regardless.. it really doesnt matter what any of us think.. henry is GW guy.. period.. no ifs ands or buts.. .

so deal

Patrick76777
08-26-2002, 01:20 PM

I love the "If you take away this play..." line. Why take it away, why take it away if he made a good run? If a guy rushes for 90 yards on 16 carries for a touchdown, should we ignore it because one run was a 50 yard run for a TD? No way.

Henry hasn't shown you anthing? Ok, I am now amused.

Listen, I was just expressing my opinion. If it were up to me, I’d put Bryson in. You’re clearly just in an off mood today and looking to start it up. I don’t have a personal thing against Henry, as a matter of fact, if he plays well, I’ll be the first to say I was wrong. But he hasn’t looked good, Save for one drive against Min.

As for your “I love the "If you take away this play..." line”…..I think I had a valid point (actually Wys point.) Henry had 6 carries in which he had 0 or negative yards. Sure he busted one 17 yarder, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and a while. My point is that besides for that run he went 10 carries for 3 yards. I’m sorry but that’s not good any way you look at it. Against Cin, how about 7 carries for 11 yards.

And finally, as for me hiding, Give me a break! I’m not even going to argue this point because it’s absolutely ludicrous and not even worth a second of my time. Think about it.

Butch
08-26-2002, 09:43 PM
Whenever you say "Well if you take away this play..." that is an awful argument. Why take the play away? Why? He made the play give him credit for it. Does the play count in the game? Does it count in statistics? What reason is there to ignore the play?

Patrick76777
08-27-2002, 08:17 AM
Fine, He had a great run. But what about his other 10 carries for 3 yards. What happened on those plays

casdhf
08-27-2002, 08:22 AM
Bryson is explosive, but his instincts suck