X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

My commentary on the 2008 rules changes

I know we talked about a few of them here and there, but I finally got around to writing a critique of all the rules changes the NFL recently made, which will take effect next season.

This includes the rule, what effects it may or may not have, and my comments on the change:

Choose a memorable domain name. Professional, friendly customer support. Start using your domain right away.

Of course, please agree or disagree and debate my thoughts here.

Last edited by Coach Sal; 05-13-2008, 07:39 AM.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: My commentary on the 2008 rules changes

I agree with the rule changes. I totaly agree that the NFL should adopt the "one foot in bounds" deal. There is still too much room for a side judge's "opinion" no whether or not the guy was "forced" out. I say if the guy gets one foot in, he's in. If he doesn't, he's not in, regardless of whether he was pushed, pulled, yanked, or molested on his way to the ground.

Comment

• Dujek
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2008

I like removing the 5-yard facemask call. A player's hand brushing the facemask makes little or no difference, and certainly isn't dangerous.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dujek
        I like removing the 5-yard facemask call. A player's hand brushing the facemask makes little or no difference, and certainly isn't dangerous.
        true, but it leaves that much more open to ref interpretation. not that the NFL is the NHL, but i like to leave as little judgement in the hands of the officials, becaue when its an important game for the bills it will go against the bills.

Comment

Working...
        X