PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy: 'I'm all about winning'

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-17-2003, 03:19 PM
April 14, 2003) -- Jimmy Kennedy certainly looks the way you'd expect a top NFL defensive tackle prospect to look. He stands 6-foot-4 and weighs 322 pounds.

The former Penn State standout also sounds the way you'd expect one of the nation's top collegiate players at his position to sound. Confident. Ready to excel at the next level.

"I believe I am the best at what I do," Kennedy says. "And I want to go out there and prove it."

By all accounts, Kennedy has the talent to verify that what we see and hear from him are on the mark. He certainly has proven enough with the Nittany Lions to prompt strong speculation that he will be selected within the first five picks of the draft.

As impressive as Kennedy's physical stature is his will to succeed. He came close to entering the draft as a junior in 2002, when he was projected as a first-round pick. But he decided against it in the wake of a losing season in which he did not play as well as he did as a sophomore, or even as a freshman for that matter. Part of Kennedy's problem was an inability to adjust to being significantly lighter than he had been the year before. Through a change in eating habits and intense conditioning, he dropped from 350 to 315 pounds.

http://nfl.com/draft/story/6315697