PDA

View Full Version : WalterFootball: Projected 2008 Cap Cuts

The Answer
05-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Lot of intriguing names on this list if some of these projected moves by other teams happen. No surprise that Youboty isn't expected to stick with us:

http://walterfootball.com/gregcuts.php

http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills:

Given the Bills' current roster, it's tough to really call any cut a "shocker" cut, but this is about as close as it gets. Ashton Youboty was considered by many Bills fans to be a third-round steal in the 2006 Draft. Well, now it's becoming apparent why he slipped to the third. He has talent, there's no denying that, but his lack of work ethic is really concerning. He came into the league as a scraggly guy needing to put on some weight. This year, he is a scraggly guy needing to put on some weight. See what I'm getting at? He hasn't made an effort to get bigger, and he hasn't been able to even crack the nickel spot over guys like Kiwaukee Thomas and Jabari Greer. Something is wrong there. Youboty's days as a Bill are numbered. Mark my words.

~The Answer

DraftBoy
05-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Graham, Parker, Simms, Jurevicious, Carpenter

would all be guys Id consider bringing in, if they were cut.

The Answer
05-13-2008, 01:45 PM

I'd look at Randle El as well - but then again Mularkey would probably beat us too it since this is one of his coveted 'gadget' players from the steelers.

~The Answer

RockStar36
05-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Randle El is a very good player if used correctly.

PECKERWOOD
05-13-2008, 02:46 PM

Good choices, I especially would like to see Simms and Carpenter in Bills uni's.

YardRat
05-13-2008, 04:51 PM

Graham, Simms, and Carpenter I could see, and welcome. IMO the team is happy with what they have at WR right now and JJ and Parker wouldn't even be considered.

I'd take Jurevicious in a heartbeat, though.

Scumbag College
05-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Bring them all in!

Scumbag College
05-13-2008, 05:04 PM
If Mahan is cut, he would at least get Whittle and Preston out of here, and could possibly push Fowler and Butler for a starting job.

yordad
05-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Graham

Goobylal
05-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Lot of intriguing names on this list if some of these projected moves by other teams happen. No surprise that Youboty isn't expected to stick with us:

http://walterfootball.com/gregcuts.php

http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills:

Given the Bills' current roster, it's tough to really call any cut a "shocker" cut, but this is about as close as it gets. Ashton Youboty was considered by many Bills fans to be a third-round steal in the 2006 Draft. Well, now it's becoming apparent why he slipped to the third. He has talent, there's no denying that, but his lack of work ethic is really concerning. He came into the league as a scraggly guy needing to put on some weight. This year, he is a scraggly guy needing to put on some weight. See what I'm getting at? He hasn't made an effort to get bigger, and he hasn't been able to even crack the nickel spot over guys like Kiwaukee Thomas and Jabari Greer. Something is wrong there. Youboty's days as a Bill are numbered. Mark my words.

~The Answer
I think that AY's lack of bulk isn't from a lack of trying, but an inability to add much weight. That kid is skinny with not much room to fill-out!

Marvelous
05-13-2008, 11:01 PM
IMHO- We could really use a clutch WR who has lost his "blazing" speed. McCardell is the model for what im thinking. Moulds woulda been had he not totaly sucked like he started..

McCardell,Parker,Booker,Calwdell etc etc.. Are these guys better than Josh Reed? Well if they are somwhere similar than why edge has togoto Reed cause he knows our system so well....
----We need to get Roscoe into a fulltime role already. If he we're our #2, what secondary isn't gonna want to protect over the top on his side? And if they don't than lets hope our noodle arm can nail it... That's the biggest thing i'll miss about JP is his CANNON...
-Carpenter- Keion? :lmao: I really liked him in that Sammy Morris kinda way. Young/Hard worker/max talent is just enough to be a starter.

raphael120
05-13-2008, 11:14 PM
And if they don't than lets hope our noodle arm can nail it... That's the biggest thing i'll miss about JP is his CANNON....

:coocoo:

clumping platelets
05-14-2008, 12:55 AM
and I got brutally criticized for trading him for a 7th rd pick in my mock drafts :rolleyes:

He'll be gone before season starts

yordad
05-14-2008, 01:34 AM
and I got brutally criticized for trading him for a 7th rd pick in my mock drafts :rolleyes:

He'll be gone before season startsSpeaking of you :smile:!!?! Where are the Bills under the cap after you project the rookie signings?

Seriously, couldn't they afford like 4 of these guys...... well probably two without much future demands.?????!.

PECKERWOOD
05-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Read the signature, LOSMANIAC!

ddaryl
05-14-2008, 06:47 AM
there could be some beneficial pickups available before the season starts.

we have the cap room, so we might see an addition later on

DraftBoy
05-14-2008, 07:47 AM
Graham, Simms, and Carpenter I could see, and welcome. IMO the team is happy with what they have at WR right now and JJ and Parker wouldn't even be considered.

I'd take Jurevicious in a heartbeat, though.

I think its a mistake imo to be settled at our WR position considering we still only have 1 proven commodity. As much as some people are already all over Hardy's jock the reality is that he's still very unproven and raw. We really could use a true #2 WR either JJ or Parker would fit the bill. Id rather not have to rush Hardy this year.