PDA

View Full Version : Goodell says new Pats tapes do not add to Spygate

Johnny Bugmenot
05-13-2008, 04:11 PM
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said on Tuesday there was nothing new in videotapes he received showing the Patriots taping opposing teams' signals and that no additional penalty against New England was being considered.

---

"I don't anticipate any further sanctions," Goodell told a news conference after meeting Walsh on what has been dubbed 'Spygate'. "What we heard and saw was fundamentally consistent with what we already knew."

---

Walsh did not address reporters and Levy said they were heading immediately to Washington for a meeting with U.S. Senator Arlen Specter, a Pennsylvania Republican who has been critical of the NFL's investigation of New England's practices.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN1339774720080513

YardRat
05-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Goodell just put anti-trust on the table.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-13-2008, 05:11 PM
That was my thinking as well... they just opened themselves to the Sherman Act.

Michael82
05-14-2008, 12:57 AM
I totally agree.

jamze132
05-14-2008, 04:19 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Pats were punished for taping the Jets, right? So When Walsh sent in more tapes that shows multiple teams beating cheated against, how is that not new evidence?

Maybe I am confused or missed something...

DynaPaul
05-14-2008, 07:27 PM
He still said the Patriots cheated and Belichick lied. The "legacy" is already tainted guys and gals. I wanna know who has that Rams walkthrough tape!