PDA

View Full Version : Well glad thats over....

acehole
05-13-2008, 09:51 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=6074

Now who can we draft with the #4 overall pick in next years draft?

Goobylal
05-13-2008, 09:52 PM

Who are we trading/with to get it?

acehole
05-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Who are we trading/with to get it?

No trades...if this kind of thing keeps up that will be our position.

Goobylal
05-13-2008, 10:00 PM
No trades...if this kind of thing keeps up that will be our position.
Hard(l)y.

OpIv37
05-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Seriously, Hardy was the ONLY upgrade to the #30 overall offense. It's an unfair position for a rookie, but it's the reality.

If he keeps this **** up, we can expect more of the same futility and we can expect the O to hold the D back yet again.

acehole
05-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Seriously, Hardy was the ONLY upgrade to the #30 overall offense. It's an unfair position for a rookie, but it's the reality.

If he keeps this **** up, we can expect more of the same futility and we can expect the O to hold the D back yet again.

Bingo!

Goobylal
05-13-2008, 10:21 PM

On what do you base the claim that Hardy was the "ONLY upgrade to the #30 overall defense?" He hasn't even played a down of football yet. He could be a bust. Steve Johnson could be the real upgrade. Derek Fine could turn into a gem. The point is, we don't know.

But I think the biggest reasons the Bills should be better on offense are Trent and Marshawn getting their rookie years behind them, the O-line having had a full year to jell, Schonert allowing the QB's to audible and the offense using more spread formations. Hardy I expected to be more of a decoy, drawing attention away from Lee, and as a threat in the redzone.

OpIv37
05-13-2008, 10:29 PM
On what do you base the claim that Hardy was the "ONLY upgrade to the #30 overall defense?" He hasn't even played a down of football yet. He could be a bust. Steve Johnson could be the real upgrade. Derek Fine could turn into a gem. The point is, we don't know.

But I think the biggest reasons the Bills should be better on offense are Trent and Marshawn getting their rookie years behind them, the O-line having had a full year to jell, Schonert allowing the QB's to audible and the offense using more spread formations. Hardy I expected to be more of a decoy, drawing attention away from Lee, and as a threat in the redzone.

He could be a bust.
And Marshawn and Trent could hit sophomore slumps like Whitner, Ellison, DiGiorgio, K Williams etc did.
And Schonert could be just as bad as all his predecessors.

Hardy is only going to work as a decoy if he proves he can do something first. No one is going to ignore Evans to guard a rookie without a reason.

But, at the end of the day, we really did NOTHING to improve the O other then the addition of Hardy. Everything else is predicated on the SAME OL, RB, QB and a promoted QB coach getting better.

Does that REALLY sound like it's enough to make the #30 overall offense become adequate? I think there will be some improvement, but the problem is that this O was so bad that it can improve and still completely suck. We may get to the #24 or #25 ranked O.

Goobylal
05-13-2008, 10:38 PM
He could be a bust.
And Marshawn and Trent could hit sophomore slumps like Whitner, Ellison, DiGiorgio, K Williams etc did.

Hardy is only going to work as a decoy if he proves he can do something first. No one is going to ignore Evans to guard a rookie without a reason.

But, at the end of the day, we really did NOTHING to improve the O other then the addition of Hardy. Everything else is predicated on the SAME OL, RB, QB and a promoted QB coach getting better.

Does that REALLY sound like it's enough to make the #30 overall offense become adequate? I think there will be some improvement, but the problem is that this O was so bad that it can improve and still completely suck. We may get to the #24 or #25 ranked O.
So basically what you're saying is, we don't know what will happen with the offense until they hit the field. And if that's what you're saying, and you should be, I can live with that.

Marvelous
05-13-2008, 10:45 PM
I wasn't aware teh offense was in Hardy's hands...Even the identical rosters as last years would be better then 7-9 because of the injuries. Unfortunately most key injuries we're on D.. Peerless & Shouman didn't kill us but No Lynch hurt.
--I refuse to let my high hopes be smeared due to a suspect news story about Hardy..

Night Train
05-14-2008, 07:51 AM
So changing Coordinators doesn't count ? It does in my world.

Let's get to camp before playing taps. Good grief.

acehole
05-14-2008, 08:43 AM
So changing Coordinators doesn't count ? It does in my world.

Let's get to camp before playing taps. Good grief.

I hope we can now all agree.....Trent Suporters and JB backers that Fairchild was an absoult mess. I think Schonert will make a huge difference no maTER WHO is under center. If he and Hardy don't pan out we are looking at another pianful year...

Tatonka
05-14-2008, 08:45 AM
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!

Jan Reimers
05-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Why don't we just give the Hardy situation some time and perspective, instead of writing off the entire season?

Tatonka
05-14-2008, 09:04 AM
its more fun just to whine about how the season is ruined already and who we will draft with the number 4 overall pick.. and then we can talk about how that number 4 pick is overrated and he will suck and he is hard to understand when he talks and that means we will suck the following year.. ect..

:up:

acehole
05-14-2008, 09:22 AM
its more fun just to whine about how the season is ruined already and who we will draft with the number 4 overall pick.. and then we can talk about how that number 4 pick is overrated and he will suck and he is hard to understand when he talks and that means we will suck the following year.. ect..

:up:

Indeed...hey and where was JP losmen during the Hardy incident...I am sure he was behind all of this.....

Dujek
05-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Why don't we just give the Hardy situation some time and perspective, instead of writing off the entire season?

But where's the fun in that?

MikeInRoch
05-14-2008, 10:13 AM

I *know* you aren't new enough to think that there is anything resembling rational thought around here...

Dr. Lecter
05-14-2008, 10:17 AM
I am ready to give up on the season and Hardy.

I saw enough out of the rookie workouts and OTA's.

I love how, despite a defense we almost all agree is improved, somehow the offense (even if it does not improve and stays the same) will make this worse than last year.

The logic in that conclusion is lacking.

bigbub2352
05-14-2008, 11:09 AM
i think we should look long and hard at what is available in FA, still and after June 1st cuts, bring in a vet to round out camp, i like Moulds or Robinson,

Just sayin if Hardy is real immature and cant adjust he will be worthless his rookie year, he is only 21, so he needs to grow up quick and get this stupid **** out of his system

TacklingDummy
05-14-2008, 11:26 AM

Who's going to be the top QB in the draft?

Jan Reimers
05-14-2008, 11:54 AM
i think we should look long and hard at what is available in FA, still and after June 1st cuts, bring in a vet to round out camp, i like Moulds or Robinson,

Just sayin if Hardy is real immature and cant adjust he will be worthless his rookie year, he is only 21, so he needs to grow up quick and get this stupid **** out of his system
I'd take a look at Robinson, but I just don't think that Moulds can play anymore.

HAMMER
05-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Moulds. LOL, some people have no clue.

acehole
05-14-2008, 02:07 PM
I am ready to give up on the season and Hardy.

I saw enough out of the rookie workouts and OTA's.

I love how, despite a defense we almost all agree is improved, somehow the offense (even if it does not improve and stays the same) will make this worse than last year.

The logic in that conclusion is lacking.

The start of the Thread is ...well that is over.
Nobody is writing off anything......not this poster.
However if you are not concerned..you should be.
"If" hardy doent workout or continues to.....

OpIv37
05-14-2008, 05:02 PM
So basically what you're saying is, we don't know what will happen with the offense until they hit the field. And if that's what you're saying, and you should be, I can live with that.

Well no one really knows (except maybe Discotrish- she's God's messenger). But what we do know is that the offense completely sucked this year and very little was added to it. So, what's more likely? The offense magically doing something they've never proven they can do, or the same group of guys having the same or very similar results?

Bill Cody
05-14-2008, 06:24 PM

Why would we be drafting anything close to 4th? JP's benched.:band:

acehole
05-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Why would we be drafting anything close to 4th? JP's benched.:band:

Had to inject JP into a thread that has nothing to do with him.

Hate causes cancer...

Bill Cody
05-14-2008, 06:34 PM

Hate causes cancer...

This is a thread that has nothing to do with reality. We're a better more experienced team than last year when we drafted 11th. Saying we're set to draft 4th is hating on the Bills. The only way that's remotely possible is if the waterboy starts which he won't be.

Goobylal
05-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Well no one really knows (except maybe Discotrish- she's God's messenger). But what we do know is that the offense completely sucked this year and very little was added to it. So, what's more likely? The offense magically doing something they've never proven they can do, or the same group of guys having the same or very similar results?
If you define improving as "adding to" something, then yes you'll be pessimistic (a wonderful defense mechanism, since you can never be disappointed) that any improvements were indeed made. However you can improve without "adding to" something, which has been the point I've been trying to tell you, giving you examples of how they'll improve without adding more than Hardy.

acehole
05-14-2008, 07:39 PM
This is a thread that has nothing to do with reality. We're a better more experienced team than last year when we drafted 11th. Saying we're set to draft 4th is hating on the Bills. The only way that's remotely possible is if the waterboy starts which he won't be.

No it isn't hating on the Bills.....

I love the Bills which is why am concerned about this.

The "reality" is you have no idea what the Bills will do good or bad.

Hardy is one of the only major improvements the the offense.

He will be no good to us if he is in jail.

Oh and if Waterboy is ranked better then last..then sign him up at QB.

acehole
05-14-2008, 07:41 PM
If you define improving as "adding to" something, then yes you'll be pessimistic (a wonderful defense mechanism, since you can never be disappointed) that any improvements were indeed made. However you can improve without "adding to" something, which has been the point I've been trying to tell you, giving you examples of how they'll improve without adding more than Hardy.

A good example of this is the departure of Fairchild.

However if you believe that a #2 WR is needed in the offense and Hardy either is in jail or a bust...we are right back where we were last year on paper.

Last.

OpIv37
05-14-2008, 08:25 PM

but can you improve ENOUGH without adding anything? I've said the offense will likely be better, but "better" doesn't mean "good enough". One year of improvement form the same bunch of guys plus Hardy simply isn't good enough.

Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Goobylal
05-14-2008, 09:17 PM
A good example of this is the departure of Fairchild.

However if you believe that a #2 WR is needed in the offense and Hardy either is in jail or a bust...we are right back where we were last year on paper.

Last.
I see the changes I mentioned as making the offense better. Obviously having Hardy produce will help the offense out a lot. Who is to say how much is enough improvement? Is the endpoint this year the playoffs? The SB? A SB win? With a better/healthier defense, a non-rookie QB and RB, and Fairchild and his poor and predictable offensive scheme gone, not to mention the weakest schedule the Bills have had in years, I can definitely see them making the playoffs. I don't see a SB in any situation outside of divine intervention.

ParanoidAndroid
05-15-2008, 02:15 AM
Can the offense be as predictable as it was last year? I think not. Put that in the "positives" column.

jamze132
05-15-2008, 02:20 AM

I am still trying to figure out how we have the #4 pick next year because of some bad press for Buffalo and Hardy. Obviously the cops aren't pursuing the matter so it's a moot point, IMO.

Trust me, if Hardy was suspected of doing something illegal, the cops would have been all over the place, his name would be on SportsCenter with a mug shot and he would be thrown to the wolves.

None of us will probably ever know what really happened but the law authority is happy, the Bills seem happy, and Hardy is ready to put it behind him. I don't see why the fans can't...

acehole
05-15-2008, 07:10 AM
I am still trying to figure out how we have the #4 pick next year because of some bad press for Buffalo and Hardy. Obviously the cops aren't pursuing the matter so it's a moot point, IMO.

Trust me, if Hardy was suspected of doing something illegal, the cops would have been all over the place, his name would be on SportsCenter with a mug shot and he would be thrown to the wolves.

None of us will probably ever know what really happened but the law authority is happy, the Bills seem happy, and Hardy is ready to put it behind him. I don't see why the fans can't...

Like I said...glad that is over........or is it??

Bill Cody
05-15-2008, 08:57 AM

Give me a break. You overreacted to the Hardy incident, posted a sky is falling thread, and now you're backtracking.

Goobylal
05-15-2008, 09:08 AM
I am still trying to figure out how we have the #4 pick next year because of some bad press for Buffalo and Hardy.
Because Hardy is a loose cannon waiting to kill someone. Or so the theory goes.

justasportsfan
05-15-2008, 09:52 AM
The only way that's remotely possible is if the waterboy starts which he won't be.
TDummy implied we're drafting a qb next year regadless of who's starting.

Who's going to be the top QB in the draft?

acehole
05-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Give me a break. You overreacted to the Hardy incident, posted a sky is falling thread, and now you're backtracking.

"So who are we drafing #4" is not a sky is falling thread.

My attemt at humor.

That humor was based on the statement
Hardy or Hardies people gave to the Bills.

You are as ridged as Drew Bledso was in the pocket.

The sky is not falling but if you are not
concerned or you just want to spin it or
defer resposibility as others have then I
think you are under estmating the impact
the incident or what the absense of Hardy
will have on this football team next year.

If this would have beed a Dolfin or a Cowboy..

The tune around here would change fast.

acehole
05-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Because Hardy is a loose cannon waiting to kill someone. Or so the theory goes.

Without a decent #2 WR in the line up ...yes we will have troble next year.

This statement is a sky is falling idea?

You people are over esitmating Trent Edwards abilities.

If he did not have a hisory of this kind of behavior I would shrug it off more....

Do you really think this is no cause for concern?

acehole
05-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by acehole

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Your answer to the thread has no basis in reality.

Nothing remotly close to your response was said.

Move along.

OK this means nothing and we should be in the slighest concerned.....

Got it!

Trent take us to the Bowl!

Yea!
<!-- / message -->

Goobylal
05-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Without a decent #2 WR in the line up ...yes we will have troble next year.

This statement is a sky is falling idea?

You people are over esitmating Trent Edwards abilities.

If he did not have a hisory of this kind of behavior I would shrug it off more....

Do you really think this is no cause for concern?
Considering the incident with his GF was 2 years ago and the quality of person his father is, I'm not overly concerned. And it's not like any of us can do anything to change the situation. So sit back and see what unfolds.

Bill Cody
05-15-2008, 11:42 AM
"So who are we drafing #4" is not a sky is falling thread.

My attemt at humor.

Gotcha. You have a future in standup.

Novacane
05-15-2008, 11:58 AM

Hate causes cancer...

You were the first person to inject JP into this thread . Always trying to start something :rolleyes:

Indeed...hey and where was JP losmen during the Hardy incident...I am sure he was behind all of this.....

acehole
05-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Gotcha. You have a future in standup.

Or you were not smart enough to get it...

acehole
05-15-2008, 07:54 PM
You were the first person to inject JP into this thread . Always trying to start something :rolleyes:

Touche' Douche'...

But I knew it was coming...

Mitchell55
05-15-2008, 09:31 PM
He could be a bust.

Ellison never was good. I actually laughed when you said digi had a sophmore slump. No one new who he was before this year. Whitner hasnt gotten better or worse in the past 3 years. Besides from Crowell, Whitner was our best defensive player. Williams is as good as any DL player on our team last year. Schonert is the only one who has done something for our offence.

Hardy is only going to work as a decoy if he proves he can do something first. No one is going to ignore Evans to guard a rookie without a reason. Well then, when has any rookie been anything other than a decoy?

But, at the end of the day, we really did NOTHING to improve the O other then the addition of Hardy. Everything else is predicated on the SAME OL, RB, QB and a promoted QB coach getting better. OL was never a problem, just newer players that still never got to play together. There wasnt 1 player on our team that played on the same line before besides from Fowler and Peters. RB didnt even need a change and we added to it. QB LOLOLOLOLOL. We got to keep Losman and got a UFA who has showed promise in MC. What else do you want?

Does that REALLY sound like it's enough to make the #30 overall offense become adequate? I think there will be some improvement, but the problem is that this O was so bad that it can improve and still completely suck. We may get to the #24 or #25 ranked O. Um, Edwards with Lynch and Hardy at 6'6 on the outside with a extremely fast WR on the other side and a 6'6 4.4 40 time TE and a great blocking TE and still 2 other big TEs. Also with a 10000 pound OL and now a good blocking FB. So change that 25 to a 15.

Are you a real bills fan?????????????????