• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Did anyone forget the fact that...

...we are essentially starting rookies at 3 positions on defense this year? Poz at MLB, Simpson at FS, and McKelvin at CB (maybe).

yeah, yeah, yeah, Poz and Simpson (entering 3rd year, played 1) aren't rookies but they are extremely young and will be expected to contribute like a veteran. I think a lot of how our season will end up is going to depend on Poz. Obviously he showed flashes of brilliance in his limited time last year and then got a chance to sit back and watch the rest of the season. Hopefully he learned something...
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Did anyone forget the fact that...

Wrong forum, please move...

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

Simpson played his whole rookie year. He was out his second season (last year).
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• The Answer
        The Plagiarist
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jamze132
        ...we are essentially starting rookies at 3 positions on defense this year? Poz at MLB, Simpson at FS, and McKelvin at CB (maybe).

yeah, yeah, yeah, Poz and Simpson (entering 3rd year, played 1) aren't rookies but they are extremely young and will be expected to contribute like a veteran. I think a lot of how our season will end up is going to depend on Poz. Obviously he showed flashes of brilliance in his limited time last year and then got a chance to sit back and watch the rest of the season. Hopefully he learned something...
        Poz isn't a starter, and with The Digi we have solid experience at the MLB position.

~The Answer

Comment

• Buckets
          • Jun 2003

[QUOTE=jamze132]...we are essentially starting rookies at 3 positions on defense this year? Poz at MLB, Simpson at FS, and McKelvin at CB (maybe).
          QUOTE]

no

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Simpson, 3rd year.
              Poz, second year.
              McKelvin, rookie year.

I think you can say that Poz will have some catching up to do but Simpson should know what he's doing out there.

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by The Answer
                Poz isn't a starter, and with The Digi we have solid experience at the MLB position.

~The Answer
                Right, Poz isn't a starter. I guess Digi is your new Holcomb. Your crap gets really old.
                Last edited by mayotm; 05-14-2008, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• The Answer
                  The Plagiarist
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by mayotm
                  Right, Poz isn't a started. I guess Digi is your new Holcomb. Your crap gets really old.
                  Poz played in a grand total of 2 games last year - and what exactly has he accomplished in his nfl career that warrants him being a starter? Don't get me wrong - I hope he comes back healthy and can contribute to this team in rotation but it would be foolish for The Corpse to just hand him the starting job.

The Digi proved he is a rising star last year when he stepped in and emerged as the leader of our defense and locked down the starting job - and 113 tackles, 2 sacks and a INT back that up. Without The Digi our defense would have been atrocious and we likely wouldn't have won a game the rest of the year.

~The Answer

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

I do agree that DIGI may give Poz a run for his money

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      I do agree that DIGI may give Poz a run for his money
                      Not you too, Thurm!

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        So what is the picture of Cheney supposed to represent?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by The Answer
                          Poz played in a grand total of 2 games last year - and what exactly has he accomplished in his nfl career that warrants him being a starter? Don't get me wrong - I hope he comes back healthy and can contribute to this team in rotation but it would be foolish for The Corpse to just hand him the starting job.

The Digi proved he is a rising star last year when he stepped in and emerged as the leader of our defense and locked down the starting job - and 113 tackles, 2 sacks and a INT back that up. Without The Digi our defense would have been atrocious and we likely wouldn't have won a game the rest of the year.

~The Answer
                          Granted it was only two games, but Poz was leading the league in tackles. That mixed with what I saw from him at camp, I have no doubts he will be a star in this league. Thats not a knock on Digi, I just really feel youre going to be in for a big surprise when you see Poz go for a full year.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

What's your point?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                              Granted it was only two games, but Poz was leading the league in tackles. That mixed with what I saw from him at camp, I have no doubts he will be a star in this league. Thats not a knock on Digi, I just really feel youre going to be in for a big surprise when you see Poz go for a full year.
                              He's going to need to improve on his hip movement if he's going to be a "star" in this defense.

I still question his physical tools, mentally I don't have many doubts...

Comment

Working...
                              X