PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone forget the fact that...

jamze132
05-14-2008, 04:33 AM
...we are essentially starting rookies at 3 positions on defense this year? Poz at MLB, Simpson at FS, and McKelvin at CB (maybe).

yeah, yeah, yeah, Poz and Simpson (entering 3rd year, played 1) aren't rookies but they are extremely young and will be expected to contribute like a veteran. I think a lot of how our season will end up is going to depend on Poz. Obviously he showed flashes of brilliance in his limited time last year and then got a chance to sit back and watch the rest of the season. Hopefully he learned something...

jamze132
05-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Wrong forum, please move...

hydro
05-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Simpson played his whole rookie year. He was out his second season (last year).

The Answer
05-14-2008, 12:11 PM
...we are essentially starting rookies at 3 positions on defense this year? Poz at MLB, Simpson at FS, and McKelvin at CB (maybe).

yeah, yeah, yeah, Poz and Simpson (entering 3rd year, played 1) aren't rookies but they are extremely young and will be expected to contribute like a veteran. I think a lot of how our season will end up is going to depend on Poz. Obviously he showed flashes of brilliance in his limited time last year and then got a chance to sit back and watch the rest of the season. Hopefully he learned something...

Poz isn't a starter, and with The Digi we have solid experience at the MLB position.

~The Answer

Buckets
05-14-2008, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=jamze132]...we are essentially starting rookies at 3 positions on defense this year? Poz at MLB, Simpson at FS, and McKelvin at CB (maybe).
QUOTE]

no

Mr. Miyagi
05-14-2008, 12:23 PM

http://www.billszone.com/gallery2/d/43324-1/Cheney-so.jpg

HHURRICANE
05-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Simpson, 3rd year.
Poz, second year.
McKelvin, rookie year.

I think you can say that Poz will have some catching up to do but Simpson should know what he's doing out there.

mayotm
05-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Poz isn't a starter, and with The Digi we have solid experience at the MLB position.

~The AnswerRight, Poz isn't a starter. I guess Digi is your new Holcomb. Your crap gets really old.

The Answer
05-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Right, Poz isn't a started. I guess Digi is your new Holcomb. Your crap gets really old.

Poz played in a grand total of 2 games last year - and what exactly has he accomplished in his nfl career that warrants him being a starter? Don't get me wrong - I hope he comes back healthy and can contribute to this team in rotation but it would be foolish for The Corpse to just hand him the starting job.

The Digi proved he is a rising star last year when he stepped in and emerged as the leader of our defense and locked down the starting job - and 113 tackles, 2 sacks and a INT back that up. Without The Digi our defense would have been atrocious and we likely wouldn't have won a game the rest of the year.

~The Answer

THATHURMANATOR
05-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I do agree that DIGI may give Poz a run for his money

Mr. Miyagi
05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Not you too, Thurm! :ill:

jamze132
05-14-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.billszone.com/gallery2/d/43324-1/Cheney-so.jpg
So what is the picture of Cheney supposed to represent?

FlyingDutchman
05-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Poz played in a grand total of 2 games last year - and what exactly has he accomplished in his nfl career that warrants him being a starter? Don't get me wrong - I hope he comes back healthy and can contribute to this team in rotation but it would be foolish for The Corpse to just hand him the starting job.

The Digi proved he is a rising star last year when he stepped in and emerged as the leader of our defense and locked down the starting job - and 113 tackles, 2 sacks and a INT back that up. Without The Digi our defense would have been atrocious and we likely wouldn't have won a game the rest of the year.

~The Answer

Granted it was only two games, but Poz was leading the league in tackles. That mixed with what I saw from him at camp, I have no doubts he will be a star in this league. Thats not a knock on Digi, I just really feel youre going to be in for a big surprise when you see Poz go for a full year.

gr8slayer
05-14-2008, 09:29 PM
What's your point?

gr8slayer
05-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Granted it was only two games, but Poz was leading the league in tackles. That mixed with what I saw from him at camp, I have no doubts he will be a star in this league. Thats not a knock on Digi, I just really feel youre going to be in for a big surprise when you see Poz go for a full year.
He's going to need to improve on his hip movement if he's going to be a "star" in this defense.

I still question his physical tools, mentally I don't have many doubts...

FlyingDutchman
05-14-2008, 09:38 PM
mentally I don't have many doubts...

I wish every kid we put into a Bills uni was like Poz. Hes the biggest breath of fresh air in an age full of money hungry a$$h***s. He just wants to play football.

Anyways at camp last year, he just always seemed to find his way to the ball. Sideline to sideline, he was usually one of the firsts there. I havent really watched him enough in pass coverage to comment on that, but hes a nasty run stuffer.

yordad
05-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I am shocked 100% of you don't completely believe Poz will be better then Digi.

FlyingDutchman
05-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Im pumped for Ko also

gr8slayer
05-14-2008, 09:50 PM
I wish every kid we put into a Bills uni was like Poz. Hes the biggest breath of fresh air in an age full of money hungry a$$h***s. He just wants to play football.

Anyways at camp last year, he just always seemed to find his way to the ball. Sideline to sideline, he was usually one of the firsts there. I havent really watched him enough in pass coverage to comment on that, but hes a nasty run stuffer.In college he was great; it doesn't always translate though. He's undersized, underpowered, his strength is not in his lower body, and the hips bother me.

But there have been a fair number of guys who fit his same mold and went on to have great careers so we'll just have to wait and see.

acehole
05-14-2008, 10:08 PM

Young and hungry..let um play.

Night Train
05-15-2008, 06:05 AM

Then we're in serious trouble. Digi is terrible.

YardRat
05-15-2008, 06:14 AM
He's going to need to improve on his hip movement if he's going to be a "star" in this defense.

I still question his physical tools, mentally I don't have many doubts...

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum with this one. Although POZ may not have ideal attributes and could use some work on certain techniques, his athleticism is far superior to Digi. It's the mental part of the game, reading offensive sets and making proper calls, that concerns me.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-15-2008, 07:45 AM
Even with the additions of Stroud and Mitchell, the Bills figure to be a very young team once again this year. And, they are going to be very young at some key positions on both offense and defense.

If your point is that the team is young and that young players make mistakes, etc., that's generally true and it is something that the team is just going to have to live with and try to overcome as much as possible while the core of the team matures.

But, that is what developing and maturing is all about. And, it is part of what a young team that is being built primarily through the draft has to go through in order to get to the next level.

Unless you are winning enough to get players to take less money to come to play for you, you are not going to have superstar veteran players at every position. Even the Pats had to go with two rookies, Kaczur and Mankins, a couple of years ago.

While Poz and Ko aren't rookies, they are still rather inexperienced and they, along with McKelvin, are probably going to make some mistakes this season that a more experienced player might not. But, then again, they probably will make some good plays that a less talented, but more experienced veteran wouldn't be able to make. So, it's a trade-off.

At this stage, I'm more concerned about McKelvin being able to step up to the NFL level than I am with Poz and Ko, who already have been part of a professional football team and know how things work and what they are supposed to do, etc. McKelvin and Hardy still have all of that to learn in addition to preparing themselves to be able to play an important role for the team on defense and offense respectively.

Bills Juggernaut
05-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Then we're in serious trouble. Digi is terrible.

Thank you.

My God. How is it that so many of you actually think Digi was good last year? I can't count how many times he got swallowed up by O-linemen. Or missed a tackle in the backfield.

In the two games last year, as a starting rookie, Poz showed some great stuff. He dosen't miss tackles.

I really can't believe that some of you think Digi was good...................

dasaybz
05-15-2008, 07:54 AM

~The Answer

Solid experience with Digi?

Maybe I was watching a different team than you last year, but what I saw out of Digi was pretty bad. He's not a starter in this league, and he's a borderline backup. He's too small, too slow, misses too many tackles, can't cover anybody out of the backfield, doesn't plug up gaps and can't blitz.

Other than that, he's fine.

EDS
05-15-2008, 08:15 AM

We really don't know what type of player Poz is yet. He had a lot of tackles in the first few games but the defense was awful at that time, and only improved after Poz was out. I doubt that improvement was due to the play of DiGorgio, but it at least makes me cautious about proclaiming Poz's greatness at this point.

On the plus side, it does seem that rookie linebackers can come right in and succeed these days. Willis, Beason and Harris were all very good last year so as long as Poz can stay healthy there is no reason why his relative inexperience should be a huge detriment to his play, especially considering that he will know the defense better then any rookie.