PDA

View Full Version : Palmer: I'm just going to wait it out

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-17-2003, 03:23 PM
(April 17, 2003) -- I'm not getting too involved in any talks right now. I'm just kind of staying away and waiting to see what happens. The draft is still so far away and you never know what's going to happen. I'm trying not to get my heart set on anything.

You know, I'd love to go to Cincinnati, but I'd love to go anywhere. I had a good time there and enjoyed seeing the facilities and meeting all the people. I definitely could see myself playing there, but like I said, I don't want to get too worked up about it. It still very easily could not happen, so I'm just going to wait it out.

I got in to Cincinnati last Saturday and went out to dinner with some of the coaches and just kind of hung out with them and talked. I got to tour the facilities and check out all that stuff. It was pretty good because they were holding a minicamp, so I got to see the team practice and work. It was a good opportunity to see the personnel they have. After being out there and watching guys like Chad Johnson and Peter Warrick and some of the athletes they have, it's definitely kind of exciting to think that whatever quarterback they might get is going to be throwing to those guys.

http://nfl.com/draft/story/6321718

The_Philster
04-18-2003, 06:07 PM
QB is likely first overall draft pick by Cincinnati
Patience appears to have paid off for Carson Palmer.

The University of Southern California quarterback briefly considered declaring for the NFL draft after his junior year but decided against it and returned for a spectacular senior season.

Palmer led the Trojans to an 11-2 record, capped by a 38-17 victory over Iowa in the Orange Bowl. He was named the game's MVP after completing 21 of 31 passes for 303 yards and a touchdown. In December, he won the Heisman Trophy after completing 288 of 458 passes for 3,639 yards with 32 touchdowns and 10 interceptions for the season....more (http://www.twincities.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/5635012.htm)