PDA

View Full Version : is Goodell Bill Belichick's A Cowling

trapezeus
05-14-2008, 09:34 AM
it seems that its obvious that Belichick and the Pats are guilty since 2000 at breaking a rule that was explicitly written down and handed to all teams. And it seems that Belichick didn't provide Goodell the full disclosure he should have at week 2. i look at pictures of goodell after his, "i didn't learn anything else" and think that the guy is Al Cowlings and just helping a guilty man get away with it.

ddaryl
05-14-2008, 09:38 AM
there is absolutly no doubt in anyones mind that the NFL is trying desperately to sweep this under the rug.

however I am positve that the majority of NFL fans and much of the media will be busting the Patriots balls all season

I sincerely hope that every game the Pats play away the home town fans bring tomatoes and bombard the team as they come out of the tunnel and then on the sideline to the point where they are frustrated and angry... and then I suggest the fans do it some more to drive the point home.

If you cheat you wil be treated like the POS you are.

so bring your tomatoes to the Pats game !!!!

trapezeus
05-14-2008, 09:44 AM
i think you're right. that'd be amazing to see a game where they can't cut to the crowd once because it just have a ton of signs that are expletive riddled. What we need to do is come up with a witty, crass, Belichick chant. Get 70,000 strong screaming "F, Belichick, FU" <clap Clap>

Night Train
05-14-2008, 10:46 AM
This just in.

The owners name is Bob Kraft. It all happened under his watch.

trapezeus
05-14-2008, 11:45 AM
this spygate thing just reinforces the idea that if you are going to mess up, mess up big. If you're bear stearns, mess up so bad that the government bails you out. If you're the president, mess up so big that people can't give up on your ill thought out plan. If you're a coach, cheat so badly that the NFL can't even punish you properly.

Meanwhile, the rest of us get a ticket for parking illegally, or fined for missing $100 in your taxes. Look at the players who have messed up. They are idiots for their incidents (see entire bengals roster and pacman jones), but they didn't mess up at a level so bewildering that throwing the book at them was unconceivable.

it seems like a horrible path we are traveling down as a community.

Goobylal
05-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Great analogy. According to Goodell, OJ is innocent because Nicole shouldn't have had a knife in her hand when she answered the door.

helmetguy
05-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Here's a thought...

...don't let Brady have the speaker in his helmet. Let's see how good he REALLY is at reading a defense and calling the audible.

Personally, taking NE's first round pick away was a joke, since they had a second, HIGHER pick they traded to get. Losing their original 1st rounder was no biggie.

PromoTheRobot
05-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Goodell, a rookie commissioner, wasn't going to get in Bob Kraft's face over anything. Goodell is Kraft's lap dog. As for the other 31 teams, they know how much crap could hit the fan if the truth came out. It could take down the entire league. This is much bigger than people realize.

PTR

trapezeus
05-15-2008, 12:10 PM
i'd rather the league fold and start a new with stricter standards than be in a league where our team will never adopt this strategy and will always get screwed over.

if it has the power to bring down the entire NFL. I say do it.