PDA

View Full Version : Free agent market still has some players worth signing

The Answer
05-14-2008, 10:36 AM
We need to sign Culpepper for back up QB and Jerermy Newberry to play center! Lot's of other solid Olinemen we could bring in for depth or to play guard....

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=09000d5d8083d384&template=with-video&confirm=true

1. Daunte Culpepper (http://www.nfl.com/players/daunteculpepper/profile?id=CUL586056), QB: On a long list of experienced veterans, quarterback trumps all other positions and Culpepper is the best still available. He is now a year removed from injuries that still had him limping around last year. The combination of his arm strength and game experience will make him a valuable backup and a guy who can step in and carry a team when injuries hit.

6. Jeremy Newberry (http://www.nfl.com/players/jeremynewberry/profile?id=NEW151008), C: Eleven years in the trenches and numerous knee injuries have taken their toll on Newberry, but he is a tough, physical mauler as a run blocker. He plays with a mean streak, but is also very technically sound. He can make all the line calls and could fill an important leadership role inside for a young O-line like the one the Chiefs are putting together in Kansas City.

~The Answer

The King
05-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Lorenzo Neal.

patmoran2006
05-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Id love to get Newberry.. I heard he's about to sign somewhere though

Night Train
05-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Deacon Jones

bigbub2352
05-14-2008, 11:07 AM
i think after this little incident with Hardy and his past charachter issues, we mite want to look long and hard at bringin in a vet WR, maybe see what is cut at June 1st if anyone,

Moulds, and Koren RObinson would be at the top of my list

Marvelous
05-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Culpepper palease.. I feel like taht's taking a step backwards to when we signed Holcomb..

The Answer
05-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Culpepper palease.. I feel like taht's taking a step backwards to when we signed Holcomb..

So what happens then if Edwards gets hurt? We are screwed.

Culpepper is the best FA option available right now and we need a capable veteran that can win games and run this offense if something happens to our franchise QB.

~The Answer

raphael120
05-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Since when was Culpepper a capable veteran? How many games has he won since he left Minnesota?

HHURRICANE
05-14-2008, 12:36 PM
I guess people forgot how bad our line looked after Peters got hurt?

I fear a repeat of last year. It's not the Everetts and Wires that hurt you. It's the Pozs and Simpsons that do.

This team has no depth on either line right now.

DrGraves
05-14-2008, 01:36 PM
culpepper is better than jp!

Don't Panic
05-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Newberry would be a great addition if he were willing. Nothing like some healthy competition for the starting C spot to help solidify the line.

Luisito23
05-14-2008, 02:46 PM
I guess people forgot how bad our line looked after Peters got hurt?

I fear a repeat of last year. It's not the Everetts and Wires that hurt you. It's the Pozs and Simpsons that do.

This team has no depth on either line right now.

I would love to get Culpepper, but HHURRICANE is right, we have absolutely no line depht and that is crucial if we want to really compete...

dasaybz
05-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Culpepper = JP.

His brain is broken.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-15-2008, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't be opposed at all to the Bills bringing in a veteran O-lineman, especially an OT if they could find one decent.

The problem I see with Newberry is that he has played his entire career on the West Coast and he is old enough now that, if he doesn't want to come East, he might retire rather than play anywhere else. The other problem that I see with him is that he has been very injury prone in recent seasons. He's a terrific player when healthy, but he just hasn't been able to stay healthy long enough. I think the Bills want continuity on their offensive line this season and aren't going to be interested in bringing in a guy who might only last a couple of games--which would then leave them short-handed on the O-line.

jdbillsfan
05-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Grady Jackson might not be bad. Grady and Stroud would be a pretty tough duo to run on.