PDA

View Full Version : BILLS OL the best in the AFC???

Luisito23
04-17-2003, 04:44 PM
Why doesn't Bills O line get talked about as 1 of the best in the entire NFL even though Travis Henry rushed 4 more yards than anybody ever thought is he really that great or is the line responsible 4 his success???? GO BILLS!!!!! :grind: :boom:

Tatonka
04-17-2003, 05:05 PM
because they are far from the best.. they gave up over 50 sacks.. and there were many games where henry was ineffective.. some of that was due to play calling.. but i can remember specifically early in the minnesota game use trying to establish the run, but our line got killed and henry had no room.

HenryRules
04-17-2003, 05:09 PM
Last year they were an above average, but not great, run-blocking line and a below average pass-blocking unit, that's why they got the recognition that an average line deserves.

And Henry is (or can be) that great. He seldom goes down on the first hit, gets to the hole quickly, and has solid vision (not amazing, but its up there). He's also gotta be physically one of the strongest RB's in the NFL (including FB's) ... the guy is 5'9", 220 lbs. of pure muscle.

Dicknoze69
04-17-2003, 05:16 PM
Last year, the Chiefs probably had the best OL in the AFC. They had five guys who all worked well together and alone. Hopefully we'll be able to have a top-5 OL this year. We need to cut down on our sacks.

Schobel94
04-17-2003, 06:12 PM
The O-line is going to be dominant at some point. Last year you could see flashes of that, but they were very inconsistent. They sucked in the GB game. But all in all they did a decent job, and with another year I think they will become one of the better O-lines in the NFL.

Doc
04-17-2003, 06:47 PM
It wasn't as good as the talent last year because of inexperience (4 guys were starting at new positions in the NFL, with 2 of them being 2nd year players and another being a rookie) and horrible coaching (Ronnie "I should have just stayed his best man" Vinklarek). This year they'll have experience and should have good coaching.

venis2k1
04-17-2003, 06:54 PM
A Franchise Center wouldnt hurt...*cough* *cough* Jeff Faine *cough* *cough*

TigerJ
04-17-2003, 09:50 PM
I think the Bills' O-linemen collectively have about the most athleticism of just about any O-line anyone could name, but have only begun to develop the continuity and chemistry that makes for a great O-line. I think they'll be better this year than last, but it's hard to predict how far they'll go or how fast they'll get there.