Throwing Hardy under the Bus!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing Hardy under the Bus!!!

Just read some more information about the James Hardy alleged incident.

There does seem to be a lot of 2+2 = 27.

It seems the situation that because Hardy has a permit to carry a small handgun and was in a fight with his old man, therefore he must have pulled a gun on him.

Hardy has not been charged with anything.

His father has said there was an argument not altercation and that Hardy did not pull a gun on him.

Only a female witness said he pulled a handgun. She called the police and maybe chose to big it up recognising Hardy as a star. Boring stories do not make money for witnesses to sell. As he has a legal license to carry a gun, might have meant he had the gun on it, but doesn't mean he pulled the gun out on his old man. But the witness could easily have implied he did, so not to feel that she has wasted police time.

I have only heard that this witness said a gun was pulled. No other source seems to have confirmed this.

Maybe fans should put their toys back into the pram?
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Throwing Hardy under the Bus!!!

I'm going to my daughters dance recital Saturday, right after I load and pack my Glock.
    Last edited by Night Train; 05-15-2008, 04:56 AM.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
      I'm going to my daughters dance recital Saturday, right after I load and pack my Glock.
      Make sure you keep the safety on until you actually reach the destination.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

Hardy's still aight with me....It's just another case of someone trying to be famous that all.
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

This may end up being a cheap lesson for Hardy about how even little things can blow up into big things when you're a pro athlete.

Just for the record, getting a gun permit in FL is as easy as getting a drivers license. You basically ask for it and get it, nothing difficult. Many people also carry guns down here for protection and / or personal security. As for packing one for a family BBQ, well that's a another story.

Comment

• Confused
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jun 2007

slow news week.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

Originally posted by hoofhearted
              slow news week.
              very slow.

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

Please.

She did not sell this story...it seems like you are trying to sell this one.

IT is what it is. No more no less.

Originally posted by kernowboy

It seems the situation that because Hardy has a permit to carry a small handgun and was in a fight with his old man, therefore he must have pulled a gun on him.

His father has said there was an argument not altercation and that Hardy did not pull a gun on him.

Only a female witness said he pulled a handgun. She called the police and maybe chose to big it up recognising Hardy as a star. Boring stories do not make money for witnesses to sell. As he has a legal license to carry a gun, might have meant he had the gun on it, but doesn't mean he pulled the gun out on his old man. But the witness could easily have implied he did, so not to feel that she has wasted police time.

I have only heard that this witness said a gun was pulled. No other source seems to have confirmed this.

Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• dasaybz
                  • Apr 2005

I just hope that this isn't the beginning of many altercations with this guy. He's already beat up his girlfriend and pulled a gun on his dad before he's taken one snap in this league.

Not a very good start.

Comment

• mayotm
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by acehole
                    Please.

She did not sell this story...it seems like you are trying to sell this one.

IT is what it is. No more no less.
                    Unless you were there, you don't know what happened.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by kernowboy

This may all be true, but you also have to consider the fact that the father is probably looking for a pay day and knows that reporting that his son pulled a gun on him may decrease his sons future earnings. So now, potentially, the dad has a bargining chip with the son to get more money out of him - because he didn't report him and if the son doesn't give him the money he wants then he will start talking.

Obviously the above is just conjecture, and I hope we never have to hear about Hardy and his gun collection again.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

Here's another way to look at it:

Hardy may be an athlete, but his father spent 10 years in jail. A lot of guys who spend that much time in jail aren't exactly nice guys or push-overs...I mean we may not be talking about your typical suburban father here.

The kid gets into an serious argument with his father--and who knows what got said at that point--and maybe he felt threatened to the extent that he felt that he needed to pull the pistol out to let the father know that he wasn't going to be bullied, etc.

You never know. And, we don't have enough information about what went down to really be able to draw any conclusions about that.

Now, on the other hand, why the kid was walking around and went to the house with a gun in his pocket is a different story.

Not the brightest thing to do--even if he has a license and is allowed to carry a licensed gun in that state--considering how many pro athletes have recently been arrested for just carrying a gun or having a gun in their car.

It sounds to me like Hardy is a young man who needs to get away from some of his family and learn some things about being a professional athlete pretty quickly. And, probably, grow up (in a certain sense) as well. I just hope that happens soon. Before he ends up getting into the kind of trouble that he can't walk away from and/or that impacts his football career.
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

It was a cell phone not a gun. Ax Vicks brother.
                          Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-15-2008, 09:54 AM.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                            Here's another way to look at it:

Hardy may be an athlete, but his father spent 10 years in jail. A lot of guys who spend that much time in jail aren't exactly nice guys or push-overs...I mean we may not be talking about your typical suburban father here.

The kid gets into an serious argument with his father--and who knows what got said at that point--and maybe he felt threatened to the extent that he felt that he needed to pull the pistol out to let the father know that he wasn't going to be bullied, etc.
                            I think that's exactly what happened. I doubt Hardy just pulled out a gun and started waving it at his father for no reason whatsoever. Just like he didn't "beat up" (which was probably him pushing her against a hard wall) his girlfriend without being provoked, which while it's still wrong, it's like throwing punches at her for no reason.

You never know. And, we don't have enough information about what went down to really be able to draw any conclusions about that.

Now, on the other hand, why the kid was walking around and went to the house with a gun in his pocket is a different story.

Not the brightest thing to do--even if he has a license and is allowed to carry a licensed gun in that state--considering how many pro athletes have recently been arrested for just carrying a gun or having a gun in their car.
                            I'd bet the area he was visiting wasn't exactly the 'burbs.

It sounds to me like Hardy is a young man who needs to get away from some of his family and learn some things about being a professional athlete pretty quickly. And, probably, grow up (in a certain sense) as well. I just hope that happens soon. Before he ends up getting into the kind of trouble that he can't walk away from and/or that impacts his football career.
                            I agree. I hope that Skooby is right and that this is a cheap lesson for young James and that he learns from it.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                              • Mar 2004

so not to get on some other tangent here, but for those (me) that are too lazy to google, what was the end result of the '06 incident where Hardy hurt his girlfriend and also infant?

Comment

Working...
                              X