PDA

View Full Version : NE's Video coach Walsh: We went to great lengths to hide what we did.....

Mitchy moo
05-15-2008, 11:52 AM
NE goes out of it's way to cheat and avoid detection, gets caught and no one gets suspended. If a player gets caught with pot at the airport or smoking pot and he gets caught with devices to avoid dectection, he gets suspended but if a coach does it it's OK. What a absolute joke and it really says alot about how there is a true double standard here:

Walsh told HBO that his superiors coached him on how to evade NFL rules limiting the number of camera operators per team to two, and that team officials instructed him on ways to avoid detection.

“When I was doing it, I understood what we were doing to be wrong,” Walsh said. “We went to great lengths to keep from being caught. Just saying that the rules were misinterpreted isn’t enough of an apology or a reasoning for what was done. ... Coach Belichick’s explanation for having misinterpreted the rules, to me, that really didn’t sound like taking responsibility for what we had done, especially considering the great lengths that we had gone through to hide what we were doing.”

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24637700/ (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24637700/)

superbills
05-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Robert Kraft owns the commish. Bottom Line.

Mitchy moo
05-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Robert Kraft owns the commish. Bottom Line.

Owns??? Owns?? Kraft is the commish, Goodell is like his spokesperson and represents a utter double standard.

Kraft: Let's destroy all the evidence so no one else can question what I did, do you understand Roger??

Roger on his knees with a blonde wig : Yes sir.

Bill Brasky
05-15-2008, 12:09 PM
does it surprise anyone? if this was any other team (except NYG, DAL, or WAS) the hammer would come down.

mybills
05-15-2008, 12:14 PM
um, Not NYG..they're nothing like the others that you mentioned.

trapezeus
05-15-2008, 12:18 PM
exactly. I think this is worse than Pete Rose betting on Games. And that guy really had the book thrown at him.

Walsh makes a great point. they went out of their way to not get caught, and if it wasn't so important, why even do it? This without doubt affected the outcomes of games. And it's pathetic to think the NFL is willing to let Belichick stay in the league.

In corporate america, when a company falls because of scandal, the ceo's regardless of their involvement, often step down to show that there is a new direction and that what had occured won't happen again. The patriots aren't self regulating themselves appropriately.

It is the NFL's job the fix that, and if they choose not to fix is appropriately, then i'm all for Congress to make a huge deal of it and make all the rich owneres pony up the cash to defend themselves. This is laughable. Show us the footage.

Bill Brasky
05-15-2008, 12:35 PM
um, Not NYG..they're nothing like the others that you mentioned.

except they play in the largest US market and get media coverage even when nothing significant is goin on...

Michael82
05-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Unbelievable. The kind of **** that is coming out of this, and Kraft said that none of it is new info and the Patriots were punished enough. Sorry, but I call bull****! :mad:

justasportsfan
05-15-2008, 01:04 PM
The damage is done. All the success of The Cheatriots in this decade is as legit as WWF/WWE (whatever it called these days) wrestling. They are as legit as Vanilla ICe being a legit gang rapper or Michael Jackson being caucassian.

DraftBoy
05-15-2008, 01:26 PM
This guy just wanted his 15 minutes of fame.

Mitchy moo
05-15-2008, 01:48 PM

He has really nothing to gain and I think he is coming clean.

After thinking it all over, why should Roger call in more guests to review how things went and what rules we're broke. Just saying that the tapes showed cheating and destroying them really didn't cure the problem at the team level, it really just slapped them on the wrist. There is no mercy for players who cheat by using drugs and you get suspended immediately for one event for bad personal conduct. This is actually a multi-year a multiple bad events and no one is suspended and just some fines levied, does this even seem right?

Meathead
05-15-2008, 02:05 PM
go walshie go walshie its your birfday

"NFL commissioner Roger Goodell essentially declared an end to the case after a 3½-hour meeting Tuesday with Walsh, who supplied the league with tapes of coaches’ signals made by the Patriots. After meeting with Walsh later Tuesday, Sen. Arlen Specter called Wednesday for an independent investigation. The senior Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, Specter criticized Goodell, saying he has made “ridiculous” assertions that wouldn’t fly “in kindergarten.”"

up in the sky its a bird its a plane no its super arlen

YardRat
05-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Goodell is pissing on the integrity of the league, not protecting it.

Typ0
05-15-2008, 05:19 PM
He has really nothing to gain and I think he is coming clean.

Be careful. There is a multi million dollar book deal sitting on the table for him right now and the dollars go up the more the story beefs up. I'm not passing any judgement on whether or not this is all true but there are things at stake here.

The Spaz
05-15-2008, 05:50 PM

Did the Pats cheat or not?