PDA

View Full Version : I just would like to say, F-it... Let's get all the talented players we can...

Mitchy moo
05-15-2008, 12:01 PM
If the league is going to allow people to avoid detection / cheat and face little or no fines / penalties to win, we need to make a point of loading our team with all the talent we can, regardless of their own personal habits or backgrounds.

Losing sucks and I think that winning with a thug gang is now considered acceptable, considering that cheating goes without punishment. Heck, let them load guns up before the games and fire them at will. Who needs rules or morals as long as Kraft, Bruschi and the rest of those cheating bastaches lose to our bills. (You have to keep the end of Slapshot in mind while reading this).

Peace.

PECKERWOOD
05-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Stupid, Goodell will throw the book at people with off the field issues but when it comes to punishing people for cheating on the field Goodell will pull a disappearing act reminiscent of Houdini. In other words, Buffalo get ur camcorder out if you want to win.

yordad
05-15-2008, 04:36 PM
As long as the talent can stay on the field, and doesn't bring fellow players down, then of course we want all the talent we can. That is a no- brainer though, or so I thought.

Unfortunately that isn't always the case when it comes to talented players, so you must be careful. A talented suspended guy who is eating up salary cap and causing a ripple of disgruntled players in the locker room isn't exactly the best case scenario.

On the other end though, we are still like 30 million under cash-to-cap, and while I don't have any specific available guy in mind, I think it should be spent. Actually, I think if extend Lee and Crowell we would be all set.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-16-2008, 03:00 AM
I think the Bills are waiting on Lee Evans at this point.

They've made it clear that they want to re-sign him and they have set aside plenty of money to do that, but it seems like Evans is the one who wants to wait (and there are good reasons for him to want to do so--at least until he decides whether Schonert, Hardy and Edwards will be able to help him enough to let him shine again).

And, as a result, the Bills have put re-negotiating with Crowell on hold and aren't actively pursuing any other expensive players because they don't want to spend themselves out of being in a position to re-sign Evans.

(I don't know why, but I've had this nagging feeling for awhile now that the Bills are waiting to see if a player that they are interested in adding will be cut at some point and they want to be able to have enough money to sign him if he becomes available. I don't know why I have had this thought, let alone who the player might be, but I haven't been able to shake the thought since the end of the first week of free agency. But, it is just a feeling, so I could be way off base on this--and probably am!!!).

yordad
05-16-2008, 08:42 AM
LTBF, that is the feeling ones get from knowing how far under cash-to-cap the Bills actually are.