PDA

View Full Version : Pats knew 75% of the defenses called, so would Brady suck if the Pats didn't cheat??

Mitchy moo
05-15-2008, 03:06 PM
He looks like a dweeb, his arm is OK and he got the defense called pumped into his headset which gave him a leg up. Blitz left, blitz right keep your head up. The Pats knew 75% of the defensive plays being called, wow.

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pdf/080514/nfl_FloorStatement.pdf

He got all the glory and impregnated alot of hot models, all while be a cheating fraud. This needs to be exposed and dicussed, I hope Spector's health holds up.

justasportsfan
05-15-2008, 03:17 PM
you could've posted this in the thread you already started skoob.

Maybe we should start a rep thread about this

Mitchy moo
05-15-2008, 03:29 PM

My alter ego must of started it because I cannot remember starting a Brady sucks thread, we just cannot have enough of them.

Saratoga Slim
05-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Skoob, gotta agree. This is below you.

HHURRICANE
05-15-2008, 03:53 PM
I will say this. If Brady did know every defensive audible and could actually memorize them before every game than this would be a huge advantage.

I don't know to what degree the knowledge made it to him.

With that said, if the Bills won a Superbowl by taping calls we wouldn't be wasting this much time on it.

Meathead
05-15-2008, 03:57 PM
if the Bills won a Superbowl by taping calls we wouldn't be wasting this much time on it.
i would

i would be horrified and ashamed as hell if this was my team

for real

for very real

Meathead
05-15-2008, 04:00 PM
The Pats knew 75% of the defensive plays being called
you were right there and you didnt cut and paste what youre talking about?

dont make us do extra work

ive half a mind to break my strict neg rules for this

Mr. Miyagi
05-15-2008, 04:01 PM
NFL badly needs this to go away. Just when they are trying to aggressively expand the market globally, a major incident that would tarnish their image is the last thing they need. I think there's a lot more to the story that is not being let out, and will never be let out, for the good of the league. For the Pats haters including myself who want to see a dramatic public humiliation of Bill Bellichick and the Patriots, they'll be disappointed because it isn't going to happen. I also think that the initial punishment of fines and docked draft picks were definitely not remotely sufficient of the crime, but once again the league cannot impose a big time sanction because it is trying to let on that the crime isn't that severe.

What I think will happen is that the Patriots are now in the league's double secret probation. There will be a super short leash and absolutely no cheating of any sort by the Patriots, because one false move there will be hell to pay. And all those "lucky calls" and lenient treatment that the Patriots have been getting all these years will magically go away. In fact it could be a reversal of fortune.

Tuck rule? It's a fumble.
Eye poke at Brandon Jacobs? 4 game suspension.
Incomplete on 4th and long? The Ravens get the ball back.

I hope Matt Cassell is ready, because there'll be a lot of hitting at Brady without fear.

don137
05-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Yes, the league wants it to go away but many fans do not want it to go away because the Patriots got a light penalty it retrospect to what they did. Bellichick attacked the integrity of the game and all he got was a fine that was basically paid for by Kraft. He should of been banned for life.
As strange as this sounds I think the penalty would of been more severe had the Patriots never won the Super Bowl but the NFL wants to sweep it under the rug because most likely what the Patriots did was win championships thanks to cheating.

JJamezz
05-15-2008, 07:27 PM
I cannot for the life of me figure out why any non-Pats fans 'want this to go away'.. The 'good of the league' argument is weak - this is not a league-wide problem, its one team and they need to be made an example of.. And I wouldn't give a s**t WHAT team it was behind something like this, I'd feel the same way.

The only thing that should be going away is Belichick and anybody else in a management position that was aware of and/or partaking in what was going on.

evol4276
05-15-2008, 07:41 PM
d signs wont help their superiour under-rated oline blocking thats help make him so famous (i felt like making that word britished)

HHURRICANE
05-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Ross Tucker, a former Bill who played against the Pats, thought the punishment was more then enough. He said it today on the radio.

Notice how players aren't outraged? That should be telling you something.

OpIv37
05-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I cannot for the life of me figure out why any non-Pats fans 'want this to go away'.. The 'good of the league' argument is weak - this is not a league-wide problem, its one team and they need to be made an example of.. And I wouldn't give a s**t WHAT team it was behind something like this, I'd feel the same way.

The only thing that should be going away is Belichick and anybody else in a management position that was aware of and/or partaking in what was going on.

exactly- if it were the Bills I'd be pissed off and feel betrayed by the people involved rather than trying to pretend it's acceptable behavior.

Mitchy moo
05-16-2008, 06:19 AM
Ross Tucker, a former Bill who played against the Pats, thought the punishment was more then enough. He said it today on the radio.

I say we call OJ for his opinion.

TacklingDummy
05-16-2008, 06:24 AM

Plus its in the wrong forum.

mybills
05-16-2008, 06:25 AM
i would

i would be horrified and ashamed as hell if this was my team

for real

for very real
same here. :ill:

don137
05-16-2008, 07:13 AM

What the players/ coaches are saying publicly and what they think privately are two different things. They know its not good for the league (which translates into revenue) to have this to carry on.
John Fox said on Wednesday at a luncheon in Charlotte when asked about the likelihood the Patriots cheating ways and if it affected the Super Bowl against the Panther he said "When I went swimming as a youth, they always told me to stay in my lane. So that's not something I feel free to comment on. It's hard to say. There was no hard eveidence that did occur, so we'll leave it at that."
If you read between the lines like many people involved in the game he is giving a politically correct answer however he is also implying he is not convinced the Patriots did not cheat in their game based on what has come out even though there is no hard evidence. The fact that the Patriots won on a last second FG you know that if they did cheat it affected the outcome.

Pride
05-16-2008, 08:02 AM
I wonder what the kids in Africa who think the Patriots lost 3 superbowl and won the last one think of this? To them... the Pats when 19-0 and won the superbowl... then got caught cheating!

JJamezz
05-16-2008, 09:55 AM

Yeah, it tells me he wants to keep his cushy job and NFL pension..

Pride
05-16-2008, 09:59 AM

..............Company Line..............

DynaPaul
05-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I will say this. If Brady did know every defensive audible and could actually memorize them before every game than this would be a huge advantage.

I don't know to what degree the knowledge made it to him.

With that said, if the Bills won a Superbowl by taping calls we wouldn't be wasting this much time on it.

Brady didn't have to memorize defensive audibles. That's what the coaching staff did. They knew the signals and then gave him the info on what was coming over the headset. Of course, he can play dumb to all of this since he just received the information and had no part in the taping and interpreting of signals.