PDA

View Full Version : at what point does Goodell fall to Bettman levels

trapezeus
05-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Honestly, how many more weeks does it take before all fans of the NFL boo Goodell at every appearance Bettman style?

His handling of the spygate thing is as bumbling and as inane as anything that the NHL cronies have done.

I honestly can't see anyone excited other than a Pats fan to see Goodell. From the draft through the superbowl, this guy should be raked through the coals of public booing until he resigns.

Goodell is the new Bettman.

Jan Reimers
05-16-2008, 11:37 AM
I like his strong hand in dealing with the league's criminal player element, but his handling of Spygate has been totally incompetent, if not a downright coverup.

DynaPaul
05-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah, he blew the SpyGate thing. But you know, he doesn't want the league's reputation tarnished knowing that their cheating affected championship games. I think he should have let it all come out and let the Patriots hang but he actually made himself look worse by covering it up. Doesn't matter though, the Pats have been pretty much dismissed by the public now anyway.

Dujek
05-17-2008, 10:56 AM
We'll wait and see how he handles the CBA, but if he screws that up in any way he'll be crucified.

Unlike Bettman he's had some success and one major failure. Bettman's tenure of the NHL has seen failure after failure after failure in the league's management, with him smiling inanely all the way. The NFL owners would never let it get to that stage with Goodell

theanswer74
05-17-2008, 11:04 AM
I really don't think it was that weak. Imagine if Buffalo had a 1st round pick taken away from them. That would be the worst punishment IMO.

NE just lucked out this year because SF made a stupid trade with them last season.

Historian
05-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Bettman's tenure of the NHL has seen failure after failure after failure in the league's management, with him smiling inanely all the way.

Yet, without his support...there might not be a Buffalo Sabres today.

Just sayin....