PDA

View Full Version : New Uni's on TV

Earthquake Enyart
08-26-2002, 10:59 AM
I only saw what Sportcenter and Empire showed of game hilites, but the new road uni's look a bit gawdy. Two suggestions: remove the white stripes off the helmet, and remove the white stripes next to the red that go up the pants, er slacks. Maybe that would tone it down a bit. Not sure if I like that big red stripe up the sides of the shirts.

This is new look going to take some getting used to. The home blue shirts are ok, I guess, but I tend to agree with the Tuesday Morning QB (formerly of Slate, now on ESPN.com Page 2) :eek:

SoCalBillsFan
08-26-2002, 11:41 AM
I like the old ones better. I get crap from everybody I know about the new ones.

northernbillfan
08-26-2002, 11:52 AM
I hear you EE. Er, I'm agreeing with Earthquake. Those modifications would make the new road ones a little better.

Michael82
08-26-2002, 12:20 PM
The helmet is too crowded too. You gotta get rid of the royal blue stripes and darken the blue on the buffalo logo to match the top stripe and the uni.

Earthquake Enyart
08-26-2002, 12:21 PM
The white stripes on the helmet must go. The blue ones can stay.

The current unis look like something you'd wear to polka night in Cheektowaga.:drool:

Patrick76777
08-26-2002, 01:22 PM
ROTFLMAO..........ROTFLMAO

LtBillsFan66
08-26-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
The helmet is too crowded too. You gotta get rid of the royal blue stripes and darken the blue on the buffalo logo to match the top stripe and the uni.

Bingo. Ditch the royal blue on the jerseys too.

lordofgun
08-26-2002, 02:30 PM
keep the blue slacks!

FlownTheCoop
08-26-2002, 09:30 PM
The anchors on ESPN News were ranking on the Bills unis over the weekend.

"What do you think about the Bills new uniforms?"

"In a word - ugly."

cba fan
08-27-2002, 09:03 PM
the uni's are a bit crowded, however, i would not remove the white stripe on helmet, just cut it down to as wide as royal stripe. this would retain and match the red,(helmet) white,(border on stripey logo) blue,(body of stripey), order of colors. and of course stripey needs to be the navy blue. the helmet stripes also are very nfl unique, keep them. thank the nfl gods we did not end up with stripes like broncos, panthers, or titans. a stripe is suppose to be a "stripe" not a point.

in the past the old uni's always looked better at night, under lights, wet, in rain, snow, or mud. why?? because the colors looked DARKER. thank you td for giving us navy blue. this is a big improvement. and i will take the bad with the good to get a little improvment. we need to crawl before we can run. maybe a few tweeks will be forthcoming now that fans have actually had input.

WG
08-27-2002, 11:22 PM
Slacks?

...trousers...?

The new unis, the road ones, look better in the pitch black darkness.

Way too much going on there. Ditch all the stripes on the helmet, change the red to metallic red of the same color. Same logo.

I think the new road unis would look good if all the blues were the old Bills blue.

It's almost as if whoever designed the new unis tried to keep everyone happy while fully satisfying no one.

How Phillips-esque!!!

BTW, has Butler signed McDaniel for $4M/yr. yet??