PDA

View Full Version : The Patsies?

ronnydynamic
04-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Hey guys, let me ask you a question. Do you think you guys can take the Patsies this Year? I was hoping that Bledsoe would have been fired up enough to do it himself, but he couldn't. Do you think the Bills improved enough in the offseason to take the Patsies? I know Bellichump still has some tricks up his sleeve, but with the improvements you guys made and the draft, do you think it's enough?

Schobel94
04-17-2003, 09:14 PM
They have done nothing on offense, their offense is very mediocre. They have made some defensive upgrades, and with the draft their D will be in good shape, but not as good as ours. They won't be able to do much offensively against us. I think we'll whomp 'em.

justasportsfan
04-17-2003, 09:14 PM
It's POSEYble. I'd say we'll split the season. Bellichik totally outclassed our College coaches. This year we hired supposedly "knowlegeable experienced" coaches. Hopefully they are. No doubt Leabeau is one. I hope Krumie is as good as advertised.

Schobel94
04-17-2003, 09:22 PM
Everyone thinks Bellichik is somesort of coaching God. Well let me tell ya, he may be good, but he's nothing to be feared. When it comes down to it, it's who you have playing the game, and right now we outclass those sorry Pop Warner Pansies. I'm tired of them, lets just crush them once and for all.

ronnydynamic
04-17-2003, 09:28 PM
As a Jets fan, nobody hates Belichump more than we do. But you have to give him credit as a defensive coach. When he used 7 DBs on you guys last Year, that was genius. It's hard to prepare for him, especially that his staff knows Bledsoe so well. That's why I hope with another Year and these improvements, you guys wil kick their ass. The only thing that worries me is all their draft picks this Year. If they get a good DT and move Seymour to End, their Defense will really improve.

Schobel94
04-17-2003, 09:34 PM
Yeah, well, their linebackers are decent, at best. Johnson and Bruschi are older, they're okay. Colvin is an excellent rusher, poor at everything else. McGinest is an old fart. On line, Seymore is excellent, the new DT they draft will be good, and their other end position is weak. In the secondary, Law is very good, Smith is okay at best (a little old), Harrison is good but not a cover guy, and Milloy is excellent, big hitter not the great cover guy. All in all a good but not great defense.

justasportsfan
04-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Schobel94
Everyone thinks Bellichik is somesort of coaching God. Well let me tell ya, he may be good, but he's nothing to be feared. When it comes down to it, it's who you have playing the game, and right now we outclass those sorry Pop Warner Pansies. I'm tired of them, lets just crush them once and for all.

Theoretically/possibly speaking, we can beat them. Thing is , we haven't started playing and if we don't have chemistry by game 1, were in trouble. Bellichik has only Colvin and Harisson to get familiar with the team.

We have Adams, Spikes, Reese, Posey, Mckenzie, Jones ,Watson (yeah right) . That's a lot of players to build chemistry . Remember , for the past two years our D didn't get better til' the 2nd half of the season.

NOt to mention our offense where we don't know if Reed is ready to play no. 2. Gilbride for the first time is changing his big play mentallity.The sooner we get all of them familiar with the system the better.

We are hoping Lindell will pan out. Same with Campbell. I trust our FO knows what they're doing.

ronnydynamic
04-17-2003, 09:37 PM
They'll be switching to a permanent 3-4 If they can get the right DT.

ronnydynamic
04-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Theoretically/possibly speaking, we can beat them. Thing is , we haven't started playing and if we don't have chemistry by game 1, were in trouble. Bellichik has only Colvin and Harisson to get familiar whith the team.

We have Adams, Spikes, Reese, Posey, Mckenzie, Jones ,Watson (yeah right) . That's a lot of players to build chemistry . Remember , for the past two years our D didn't get better til' the 2nd half of the season.

NOt to mention our offense where we don't know if Reed is ready to play no. 2. The sooner we get all those familiar with the system the better.

Trust me, that's a lot to get ready for the first game with. We had 6 new starters last Year and we went 1-4 to start the season. Plus the loss of Price on Offense will be tough to get over.

Schobel94
04-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Winfield said that he can feel the chemistry building already. Not to underrate chemistry, but the 3 areas that need the most chemistry are 1. QB to WR 2. O-line 3. Secondary We have those things already, D-line isnt a place where guys play off each oother like the O-line, and neither is linebacking. Not to say it isnt important, but probably less so than those other areas.

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Schobel94
Everyone thinks Bellichik is somesort of coaching God. Well let me tell ya, he may be good, but he's nothing to be feared.

Uh right. Ask Peyton Manning or any other QB that usually always seem to have their worst games against the Pats or whatever team Belichick is the D. Coordinator for.

I know I might get ripped for this but I think Belichick is Parcells equal. I know that sounds crazy but hear me out on this. Whenever Parcells has not had Belichckk as his Defensive Coordinator, Parcells has not had near the success as when Belichick was there.

Bottom line is Parcells hasn't shown the ability to have much success when Belichick isn't there but Belichick has been successful without Parcells.

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 09:48 PM
Ryan Lindell is a downgrade from Mike Hollis. Sometimes teams can get away with downgrading at kicker, but I don't think he's as good as Hollis.

ronnydynamic
04-17-2003, 09:48 PM
I know I might get ripped for this but I think Belichick is Parcells equal. I know that sounds crazy but hear me out on this. Whenever Parcells has not had Belichckk as his Defensive Coordinator, Parcells has not had near the success as when Belichick was there.

You got that right! Belichump made the Defenses for Parcells. Parcells is a great motivator/coach, but it was belichump that amde the defense a monster. Let's see how Parcells does this Year in dallas. No way can that Parcells-Jones marriage last more than 2 Years.

justasportsfan
04-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25

Uh right. Ask Peyton Manning or any other QB that usually always seem to have their worst games against the Pats or whatever team Belichick is the D. Coordinator for.

My favorite was the Pats coming from behind to beat the fins :D I think it's time the bills go for both the jets and the Pats this time. :D

Maybe Bellichik knows, Bledsoe. But with the addition of Lebeau, we'll figure out that damn screen pass they killed us with and knock Brady's helmet off.

As for Pennington, Coles was a bigger loss to them than Price was for us. If our OL gels, Sam Cowart will be burried underneath Mike Williams.

Schobel94
04-17-2003, 09:57 PM
Figure out the screen pass? We already figured it out but we couldnt do anything about it cuz our lb's were slow as hell! You're right though we do have to change our scheme. Bump those damn recievers at the line and it'll be all good!

ronnydynamic
04-17-2003, 09:59 PM
As for Pennington, Coles was a bigger loss to them than Price was for us. If our OL gels, Sam Cowart will be burried underneath Mike Williams.

Don't believe that. I really don't think the JEts will miss a beat without Coles. Moss will step up and Conway is solid when healthy. Plus who knows what the draft might bring.

justasportsfan
04-17-2003, 10:04 PM
I think we have the right players to be as fast as the Titans D when GW was their coordinator. If we even improve our pass rush by 50% ( I think we will have a good one) compared to last year to say the least, we will make the playoffs. I Watch Clements and Winfield create turnovers.

Sam Adams has something to prove and he doesn't get paid if he doesn't perform. I hope he makes Ricky W wear that wedding dress again.

justasportsfan
04-17-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by ronnydynamic

Don't believe that. I really don't think the JEts will miss a beat without Coles. Moss will step up and Conway is solid when healthy. Plus who knows what the draft might bring.

Do you think Moss is a better than Reed? I don't think so.

ronnydynamic
04-17-2003, 10:11 PM
Do you think Moss is a better than Reed? I don't think so.

Let's talk about this after the season. It's way too early to tell for either player stepping into the primetime.

Voltron
04-17-2003, 10:28 PM
I think that we have a different Offense this year. We will be pushing the Run more than the pass. We have 2 good blocking fullbacks. I am just hoping and praying that Travis has been sleeping with a football in his arms. If he can stay away from the fumbles he can be one of the best RBs in the league. He was great last year but you always see that asterisks next to his name talking about the fumbles. The pats will have to respect our run and that will take more men out from the secondary. Then Drew can work his magic. He is good but he can’t carry a team by himself especially when he had to carry both sides of the field due to our very poor D. If we use Henry and our FBs than I think we have a good chance to beat the pats in the opening game. If we get behind and have to start to the air I will worry. No matter how much you dislike Bellecheck the man is a genius. If he was the coach of your team tell me you wouldn’t be excited! The last game of the season will be a tough one. He will have a season worth of film to format a plan against our team and he is very very good at that.