PDA

View Full Version : Stars stay alive beat Red Wings 2-1

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Dallas got the game's first power play at 3:30 when Brad Stuart was called for tripping Mike Ribeiro, who had blocked his shot at the left point and was going in alone. Dallas had one good chance, but Osgood stopped Mike Modano's backhander from close in after the Michigan native picked up a deflected pass in the slot.

Osgood came up big again seven minutes into the game when he stopped Nicklas Hagman from 15 feet inside the left circle a 2-on-1 break.

Though he didn't get an assist, Turco's passing ability helped the Stars get on the board first. Turco made a quick pass to Hagman to catch two Detroit checkers in the Dallas zone. Hagman fed Brad Richards, who carried into the zone and left a drop pass for Daley. He stepped around a checker, moved into the slot and snapped a 20-footer past Osgood at 9:21.

Detroit got its first power play at 10:29 when Modano was called for interfering with Tomas Holmstrom after an offensive-zone faceoff. Detroit controlled the puck for most of the power play but didn't have a good scoring chance.

But the Wings continued to control the play and forced Dallas into another penalty when Daley [/B]was called for interfering with Darren Helm at 13:34 — and this time, the Wings made the Stars pay. Niklas Kronwall put the puck on net from the top of the right circle; Hudler got the rebound, took a step to his left and put the puck into a half-empty net with 4:30 left in the period.

Turco made a big stop with just under three minutes left when he got a pad on Lidstrom's 20-foot blast from the left circle.

Detroit wound up outshooting Dallas 14-10 in the period and had 11 of the last 14shots.

The Wings got their third consecutive power play 1:08 into the second when Mattias Norstrom received a slashing penalty for knocking the stick out of Kirk Maltby's hands. Detroit again controlled the puck for most of the two-minute advantage, but didn't put much serious pressure on Turco.

Turco's ability to play the puck helped put the Stars ahead to stay at 6:04. The goaltender fired a clearing pass up the middle that deflected off a Detroit player and came to Lundqvist, who wound up leading a 2-on-1 break. The twin brother of New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist carried deep into the right circle before ripping a 20-foot wrist shot past Osgood's glove on the Stars' first shot of the period.

Seconds later, Turco used his stick to preserve the lead. Pavel Datsyuk outfought the Dallas defense behind the net and fed Holmstrom alone in front, but Turco got his stick on the shot. Holmstrom then gave the Stars a power play when he cross-checked Norstrom in the offensive zone. But Dallas didn't manage a shot on Osgood during the advantage.

Lundqvist earned the Stars another power-play chance at 14:23 when he deked his way through three Wings and was about to get a shot on Osgood when Hudler slashed him. The Stars patiently worked the puck on the outside before Morrow got off a backhander from in front that forced Osgood to make a fine stop.

The Wings would up outshooting the Stars 13-6 in the middle period and 27-16 through 40 minutes. Turco was outstanding, but he also benefited from Detroit's inability to find the target — the Wings fired 14 shots that missed the net.

Neither team generated much offense in the first half of the third period. The Wings controlled the tempo, but the Stars were able to fall back and clog their defensive zone, keeping Detroit's shooters mostly to the outside. Halfway through the period, the Wings had four shots, the Stars just three.

The Wings turned up the pressure over the next couple of minutes, but were slowed by a roughing penalty against Holmstrom, who took a poke at someone on the Stars' bench as he was heading off for a chance and was penalized at 12:11. Osgood had to make a good stop on Hagman's rip from the right circle,[/B] and [B]the Wings got a break with 6:11 left in regulation when Brenden Morrow split the defense and beat Osgood but put a shot off the crossbar.

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20072008,3,325

<iframe width="480" height="289" frameborder="0" src="http://www.nhl.tv/team/embed.jsp?hlg=20072008,3,325"></iframe>

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Recap&gameNumber=325&season=20072008&gameType=3

BlackMetalNinja
05-17-2008, 05:35 PM
How much time do you waste bolding random statements in all your posts?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-17-2008, 06:45 PM
How much time do you waste bolding random statements in all your posts?

I blame it on my teacher in 3rd grade and her stupid writing drills anyways I was having trouble finding the answers in the book so she gave me this hint. (You should highlight everything that is important so you know where to find the answers :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:) it worked, all through school I highlighted everything that was important and I haven't been able to stop. Your right it's a pain and I want to stop but thanks to my third grade teacher she made it a habbit of mine.

BlackMetalNinja
05-17-2008, 09:12 PM
I blame it on my teacher in 3rd grade and her stupid writing drills anyways I was having trouble finding the answers in the book so she gave me this hint. (You should highlight everything that is important so you know where to find the answers :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:) it worked, all through school I highlighted everything that was important and I haven't been able to stop. Your right it's a pain and I want to stop but thanks to my third grade teacher she made it a habbit of mine.

Fair enough, but when you bold 90% of what you post, it kind of loses the effect.

Crisis
05-18-2008, 06:05 AM
you're in what, 5th grade now?

JD
05-18-2008, 12:22 PM
:popcorn: