PDA

View Full Version : Suprise Camp Cuts (Bills)

more cowbell
05-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Obviously I know no more than anyone else on this board but ill take a shot in the dark and say these players will get cut in camp...

Robert Royal (hasn't done anything...pretty much ever)

William James (the staff will keep youbotys potential over Jame's experience)

Duke Preston (He's done nothing but decline over the past couple seasons)

John Wendling (A rare athletic talent, but couldnt even make it on the field last season with all of our injuries in the secondary. With the additions of Corner, and Cox, who can play safety too...I can see this guy getting cut)

lmcshadow
05-17-2008, 05:54 PM
:poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

more cowbell
05-17-2008, 05:57 PM
:poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

not going to lie that was a pretty good response....

im at work and im bored, theres no new news to talk about so bare with me

Oaf
05-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Bills like Royal 3x more than anyone else in the stands or in the NFL does.

I could see Wright getting cut if Omon impresses. Man that would be a waste of a 4th round pick. Youboty wouldn't surprise me.

yordad
05-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Schouman getting the ax wouldn't surprise. Especially if he is as light as BB.com has him listed. Then again, he seemed talented in limited duty, so he could be a surprise keep.

Night Train
05-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Kyle Williams

T-Long
05-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Josh Reed

bflojohn
05-17-2008, 07:19 PM
It wouldn't suprise me to see Ryan Neill get canned IF they find a suitable LS. Jason Jefferson has probably hung on a bit too long, and Dwayne Wright had better be ready for some major competition. Just a thought, but those amongst you that are ready to wave goodbye to Duke Preston, take heed, they will not send him packing, IMO. The depth on the O-line is shallow to begin with, and he has flexibility at Center and Guard. The combo of Kirk Chambers and Duke Preston doesn't give me a warm feeling, but they are EXACTLY where they belong, 2nd or 3rd string! Go Gaddis go!!
Note: Bryan Copeland we hardly knew ye!!! Or is it Copeland Bryan?? Oh, well, either way.... BYE!

YardRat
05-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Roscoe Parrish.

Night Train
05-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Roscoe Parrish.

The just extended him with big $$. I seriously doubt it.

YardRat
05-17-2008, 07:32 PM
The just extended him with big $$. I seriously doubt it.

Well then, it would be surprising, now, wouldn't it?

lmcshadow
05-17-2008, 07:33 PM
That new kid Johnson is peeking everyones curiousity. maybey its time for a change and a trade

theanswer74
05-17-2008, 08:01 PM
No one. The biggest name to get cut will be Youboty.

T-Long
05-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Youboty better have a huge camp and preseason to stay on this team...we're tired of waiting for him to progress

TigerJ
05-17-2008, 10:40 PM
It wouldn't suprise me to see Ryan Neill get canned IF they find a suitable LS. Jason Jefferson has probably hung on a bit too long, and Dwayne Wright had better be ready for some major competition. Just a thought, but those amongst you that are ready to wave goodbye to Duke Preston, take heed, they will not send him packing, IMO. The depth on the O-line is shallow to begin with, and he has flexibility at Center and Guard. The combo of Kirk Chambers and Duke Preston doesn't give me a warm feeling, but they are EXACTLY where they belong, 2nd or 3rd string! Go Gaddis go!!
Note: Bryan Copeland we hardly knew ye!!! Or is it Copeland Bryan?? Oh, well, either way.... BYE!Robert Felton supposedly has some long snapping ability.

Shouman and Wright are my picks. I'm not sure how big a surprise that would be though.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Welding's not going anywhere Reed and youbotty

SquishDaFish
05-17-2008, 11:25 PM
I dont think Reed, Wendling or Youboty are going anywhere

yordad
05-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Williams- I doubt he will be cut.

Royal- I doubt he will be cut.

Reed- I doubt he will be cut.

Parrish- I doubt he would be cut.

James- I could see that.

Wendling- I could see that.

Preston- I could really see that.

Youboty- I could really see that.

Wright- I could really see that.

Schouman- I could really see that.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-18-2008, 01:35 AM
I don't know if this would classify as a surprise, but Teyo Johnson.

I think the last TE spot will come down to Schouman and Teyo and Johnson will have to show more than he has thus far in his career to beat out Schouman. Not that Teyo can't win this battle, but, since everyone is already writing off Schouman, I thought I would mention Johnson because I think it is 50-50 terms of which one will end up sticking--if either of them do.

I don't think it will happen because I think that Youboty and Fox will be the cuts, but would it shock you if the Bills cut Greer (he'll be a FA after this season)?

HHURRICANE
05-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Wright is my hands on favorite. They can blame Levy for the pick and move on.

As much as he was a wasted pick there is no way we cut Preston. We are already scary thin on OL depth. Robert Royal isn't going anywhere either.

I actually think that some of these vet signings may not make the roster. Teyo looks like someone that gets cut.

The funny part about Yobouty is that he is a much bigger hitter than I ever imagined. I also don't rememeber him getting outright burned or taken advantage of last year. With that said I'm not sure why this guy is living in OBD's dog house? Maybe he's not very smart.

Confused
05-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Wendling is a ST stud. and if you havent noticed,he's moormans personal body guard on punts( that fake on mnf would have been a loss of 3 without John.) And i see him in the future playing a "tweener" role @ LB much like C.Wire(only Wending is a freeak of nature athletically by comparasion to Wire)

Wright will prolly be gone.
Wouldnt mind seeing Reed traded.

justasportsfan
05-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Wendlings stock increased after losing Wire and co.

Captain Obvious
05-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Keith Ellison

raphael120
05-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I'd be suprised if we got rid of Greer or George Wilson. Both were underdogs and really stepped up when they were called upon. Both are valuable because of their game experience. Kyle Williams would be a suprise cut...but I dont see them keeping Jefferson over Williams.

As for WR's, I'd be suprised if they get rid of either Steve Johnson or Justin Jenkins. SJ gives us size in our WR corps depth and I really want to see what this kid can do. Jenkins has already shown he can be an impact ST guy.

Youboty is no suprise, and I would be suprised if Royal was cut because they are so high on him. Still ticks me off that absolutely no one from our first FA class is worth a damn. We tried to hit a bullseye by throwing 10 darts at once.

coastal
05-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Wendling could actually shoot his dad and he isn't getting cut.

dasaybz
05-19-2008, 11:54 AM
I could see Royal and James both getting cut.

As for Youboty, he played decent in a couple games he was in last year. I think his head was just not into football after the death of his mother. This should be a big year for him. If he can have a good training camp, he's going to make the team.

He had alot going on in his life, and he's probably just now getting his head back in the game. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he makes a decent impact this year.

And what is everyone's big problem with Youboty? He didn't get burned left and right last year. He just didn't see the field.

THATHURMANATOR
05-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Ko Simpson

THATHURMANATOR
05-19-2008, 12:05 PM
People are way too hard on Royal by the way. I remember when he was signed they noted that he was one of the better blocking TEs in the league with a limited potential as a receiver. Why did anyone ever expect him to catch 40 balls a year? His blocking has been great.

Romes
05-19-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't know if its a surprise or not but I expect Duke Preston to be cut.

John Doe
05-19-2008, 06:06 PM
People are way too hard on Royal by the way. I remember when he was signed they noted that he was one of the better blocking TEs in the league with a limited potential as a receiver. Why did anyone ever expect him to catch 40 balls a year? His blocking has been great.

Royal was probably the most banged-up Bills player who did not end up on the injured reserve list last year. He hurt his shoulder, suffered a concussion, and played on a knee that required surgury for a good part of the season. He is one of the hardest workers on the team and is recognized as a leader.

I would be shocked to see him get cut.

Slick
05-20-2008, 05:41 AM
No guarantee that Fred Jackson makes this team if Wright & Omon look good.

mysticsoto
05-20-2008, 07:28 AM
No guarantee that Fred Jackson makes this team if Wright & Omon look good.

??? I highly, highly doubt Fred Jackson doesn't make it lower than the #2, much less #3 or not even make the team. Jackson proved himself last year and there is absolutely no reason, barring an injury to move him out!

Jan Reimers
05-20-2008, 07:32 AM
??? I highly, highly doubt Fred Jackson doesn't make it lower than the #2, much less #3 or not even make the team. Jackson proved himself last year and there is absolutely no reason, barring an injury to move him out!
Plus, Omon and Wright are the same type of runner. Jackson gives us a different look.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-20-2008, 05:17 PM
why would DW be a big deal or even a surprise to any one here

SeatownBillsFan21
05-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah right

FlyingDutchman
05-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Ko Simpson

Our starting Free Safety? I have to say that would definately surprise me

User Manuel
05-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Obviously I know no more than anyone else on this board but ill take a shot in the dark and say these players will get cut in camp...

Robert Royal (hasn't done anything...pretty much ever)

William James (the staff will keep youbotys potential over Jame's experience)

Duke Preston (He's done nothing but decline over the past couple seasons)

John Wendling (A rare athletic talent, but couldnt even make it on the field last season with all of our injuries in the secondary. With the additions of Corner, and Cox, who can play safety too...I can see this guy getting cut)

Preston
Sam Aiken experiment will end
Dwayne Wright

I could see Ellison getting traded if any of the young LBs impress.

User Manuel
05-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Ko Simpson

Unless the injury has ruined him, I would fall out of my seat if he was cut.

Jan Reimers
05-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Preston
Sam Aiken experiment will end
Dwayne Wright

I could see Ellison getting traded if any of the young LBs impress.
Aiken is already gone.

User Manuel
05-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Aiken is already gone.

See what I mean..... Thats right. He signed with NE didn't he.