• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lmcshadow
    • Nov 2007

New Football League with Bills Connection

Things that make you go HHHMMMM...

Ex Buffalo Bills running back Joe Cribbs is the commisioner behind yet another sub Football league for those who could not cut it in the NFL. The United Football League (UNFL) is going to be designed as a feeder for th NFL. Its first game is planned to start in January 2009.

whats your feel on that Zoners
    Last edited by lmcshadow; 05-17-2008, 06:56 PM.
    The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: New Football League with Bills Connection

I liked Cribbs and those Knox teams but he was a headache every off-season.

If the NFL does eventually run Buffalo, Cinci and several other small market teams out of the NFL, a new league will fly but it seems like a longshot at present. The CFL stuggles every year and the quality of the defunct NFL Europe was poor.

Heck. I see a few guys on every NFL team now that shouldn't be getting an NFL paycheck.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• lmcshadow
      • Nov 2007

I'd say amen to that...
      The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

The times of a league like the American Football League trying to compete with the NFL are over...it's like a Mom and Pop shop trying to compete with Walmart. The NFL is just too big and too powerful. Now if something did happen that forced small market teams to go into that other league I think the disenfranchised fanbases in those small market towns would then follow and support the new league but....who knows what would happen.

Comment

Working...
        X