PDA

View Full Version : All the Belichek cheating makes me wonder...

Historian
05-18-2008, 08:17 AM
....about SB XXV.

How does a team that is favored by 10 points end up losing to a team they had already beaten? (in their home park!)

How is it the Bills only have the ball for 19 minutes? (They averaged 28+ for the season)

I always wondered how the Giants even got past the 49ers that year.

Jan Reimers
05-18-2008, 08:40 AM
Well, Belichick is a fruit ( pun intended ) from the Parcells coaching tree. Maybe he learned from the master.

Historian
05-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Possibly.

When I saw Parcells interviewed on the subject last season, all he did was laugh it off.

Jan Reimers
05-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Possibly.

When I saw Parcells interviewed on the subject last season, all he did was laugh it off.
Yeah, the guy's a real riot.

YardRat
05-18-2008, 11:15 AM
You miss a FG in the waning seconds, that's how.

NY's defense really didn't slow down the teams offense, considering they put up 17 pts in only 19 minutes. It was their offense dominating our defense that did the trick.

Mitchy moo
05-18-2008, 12:22 PM
You miss a FG in the waning seconds, that's how.

NY's defense really didn't slow down the teams offense, considering they put up 17 pts in only 19 minutes. It was their offense dominating our defense that did the trick.

Jeff Hoss sucked and never did anything that exciting before or after SB XXV, he must of knew our defenses called during the game or had some leg up.

You play that same game 10 times and the Bills win 8.

JJamezz
05-18-2008, 12:26 PM
In Friday's Washington Post, NFL reporter Mark Maske quotes former Giants quarterback Phil Simms contending that stolen signals are no guarantee of victory: "'I've been in games where we knew every signal, every call by the other team, and we still lost,' Simms said by telephone yesterday. 'We [the Giants] had the San Diego Chargers' signals in 1980. We knew every signal. We knew every play. We were calling out what they were going to do: 'Here comes this. Here comes that.' They still scored 44 points.'" After more Simms quotes, the article moved to other matters. Who was on the New York Giants' coaching staff in 1980? Bill Belichick and Ernie Adams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/080517&sportCat=nfl

Ebenezer
05-18-2008, 01:01 PM
....about SB XXV.

Tackle a never was, half mediocre receiver on 3rd and 13 and we are not having this discussion.

Historian
05-18-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't disagree Eb...my feeling is that the Giants should have never even been that close in the first place.

Ebenezer
05-18-2008, 01:10 PM
I don't disagree Eb...my feeling is that the Giants should have never even been that close in the first place.
there were a lot of schananigans going on his that game...how many times did their LBs "trip" over the football just after the official put it down??

Night Train
05-19-2008, 04:26 AM
The 3rd quarter was hardly smoke and mirrors. Most plays were still Otis Anderson right, Otis Anderson left.

They kicked our ass up front.

Historian
05-19-2008, 04:47 AM
Again, I don't disagree.

But when you consider we defeated the fish 44-34, and the raiders 51-3, it just makes me wonder, that's all.

I was at both of those playoff games. The Raiders didn't even know where to line up on D because Kelly just kept pounding away at them.

BADTHINGSMAN
05-19-2008, 04:54 AM
Again, I don't disagree.

But when you consider we defeated the fish 44-34, and the raiders 51-3, it just makes me wonder, that's all.

I was at both of those playoff games. The Raiders didn't even know where to line up on D because Kelly just kept pounding away at them.

I have that Raiders game on DVD and your right the D for the Raiders looked lost..