PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Players

Voltron
04-17-2003, 10:15 PM
I put this in the NFL zone but then I noticed I was the only one there :D

I am watching the Replacements on TV (I know not the best movie but I am jonesing for football any way I can get it )

Is there any one here that remembers any of the replacement players from the last strike? I was too young and just remember there was a strike. Any one know of any replacement players that were able to make the team after the strike was over? Any that were able to get a new start on a career? Tell us about them!

:feedback:

chubluv
04-18-2003, 09:18 AM
Todd Schlopy I think was the kicker, & Brian Mc Clure was the QB, Carl Byrum crossed the line( does that make him a replacement player ?) Thats about all i can rember off the top of my head. I do remember the on e game where the Colts destroyed us, then the next game we beat the Giants 9-6 on 3 FG's by Schlopy. L. Taylor crossed and played for the Giants that game he just murdered our OL. Sorry for going on & on.

chubluv
04-18-2003, 09:20 AM
Sorry i was wrong the giants game was 2 weeks later and the score was 6-3 in OT

Voltron
04-18-2003, 01:40 PM
that is what I was looking for. That is neat! I didn't know some players crossed.

Gunzlingr
04-18-2003, 02:17 PM
Rick Martel did the day before the strike ended. Oh, that was no the movie. Sorry. :D

Dozerdog
04-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Click on WWW.BillsZone.com, and on our front page there is a new "History link" on the top right.

While the page is still under construction, the strike season of 1987 has been outlined. It has a very good description of what happened that year.

Doug Flutie was one of the players to cross the line. Ex Bills Jim Haslett and Ken Jones played for the Jets. Center Will Grant came back for the Bills as well.