PDA

View Full Version : Head coach power rankings

YardRat
05-19-2008, 06:22 AM
Ouch!

http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/nfl-news/11247

21. (23) Dick Jauron, Buffalo Bills. What’s the over/under on Jauron’s on-camera meltdown and/or firing this season? The easy money: Just after the Week 10 loss at New England, putting Buffalo at 2-7 for the season and that much closer to Toronto.

YardRat
05-19-2008, 06:24 AM
6. (1) Bill Belichick, New England Patriots. Chants of “cheaters” on draft weekend; the greatest column in the world, TMQ, calling for Belichick’s suspension. In short, no respect for “Belicheat.” It’s like last season never happened.

26. (n/a) Tony Sparano, Miami Dolphins. Hey, he may have a 1-15 team, no quarterback and no Jason Taylor, but he’s got Bill Parcells in his corner. And Parcells still has a few neurons firing. We think.

29. (21) Eric Mangini, New York Jets. Player dissension, contracts reworked randomly, draft choices taken personally ... can we drop the “ManGenius” thing yet?

The Spaz
05-19-2008, 06:32 AM
We go 7-9 with 15 people on IR and he gets ranked 21? Absolutely ridiculous.

Jan Reimers
05-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Laughable. Just shows any nitwit with a computer gets to air his views in the age of the Internet.

Just like here.

Mitchy moo
05-19-2008, 06:43 AM
He was almost coach of the year last year and has fallen 20 places since?

Night Train
05-19-2008, 06:50 AM
Laughable. Just shows any nitwit with a computer gets to air his views in the age of the Internet.

Just like here.

Realfootball365 :shakeno: .

The Onion has more credibility and is far more humorous.

TigerJ
05-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Just on the face of it I don't think there was a whole lot of evidence or research that went into this ranking. It's a guy's opinion. He tried to get cute with some of his comments. I put zero stock in it.

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 09:33 AM
7-9 ,7-9. If the others after him didn't suck or we'rent rookie coaches this season ,I'd say Dicks ranked too high. He is ranked where he's suppose to be.

Don't Panic
05-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Realfootball365 :shakeno: .

The Onion has more credibility and is far more humorous.

I still like Connor Byrne's articles, but otherwise I agree.

DraftBoy
05-19-2008, 10:12 AM
I dont think its that outrageous, I dont think we'll be 2-7 after week 10 but if we are you better believe a lot of people will be calling for Jauron's head.

feelthepain
05-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Dick Jauron has been a HC for 8 years with three different teams. He had 1 season in 8 years with a winning record. At this point in time he is 4 games under 500. as the Bills HC and 17 games below 500. overall. I don't see him as the type of guy that should be a HC, but he's cheap and RW likes that.

Don't Panic
05-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Point taken ftp... Jauron needs to get it done with this group. The pressure is definitely on him this season. If he has another 7-9 or even 8-8 season without any serious injuries to use as a crutch, it will be hard to justify another year. But if he goes 9-7 or 10-6, then we're on a good path with him and he should be given at least another year. It is tough to quantify.... still, the onus to perform is definitely on him this season.

The Spaz
05-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Dick Jauron has been a HC for 8 years with three different teams. He had 1 season in 8 years with a winning record. At this point in time he is 4 games under 500. as the Bills HC and 17 games below 500. overall. I don't see him as the type of guy that should be a HC, but he's cheap and RW likes that.

POST EDITED: DO NOT ATTACK THE POSTER! ~DB

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 10:28 AM
I don't see him as the type of guy that should be a HC,
and yet he owns the fish. :roflmao: Obviously you'd be hatin on him since he's 4-0 against your stinkin fish.

:roflmao:

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 10:29 AM
You are a tool and you post like that.
Its called nervousness. He's afraid the bills will sweep the fins again this season with Dick as the HC.

vs. Saban SWEEP !!!!
vs. Cameron SWEEP!!!!!!

:cry: <---FTP

feelthepain
05-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Post Edited ~DB

Ooops, I forgot. No facts please, just lies and delusion wanted here.

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 10:39 AM

Fact ... 4-0 Dick vs. FINS !!!!

vs. Saban SWEEP !!!!
vs. Cameron SWEEP!!!!!!

:cry: <---FTP

Dr. Lecter
05-19-2008, 10:41 AM

Like you calling Ralph cheap, a statement that has been shot down 5,724 times?

Or refusing to give any credit to the Bills or Jauron for going 7-9 last year while starting a rookie QB, rookie RB, having numerous injuries (yes, they were not all-stars, but were better than the replacments) and almost seeing a teammate die ont he field?

Or you telling us Tedd Ginn will be fine when nobody really knows if he will be?

Or your insistance that Daunte will be back to form less than one year after a devastating knee injury?

Or that the Dolphins are better than the Bills despite a 6 game disparity in wins?

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Or your insistance that Duante will be back to form less than one year after a devastating knee injury?

Dear Daunte ,

Hugs and kisses always,

FTP

The Answer
05-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Ouch!

http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/nfl-news/11247

21. (23) Dick Jauron, Buffalo Bills. What’s the over/under on Jauron’s on-camera meltdown and/or firing this season? The easy money: Just after the Week 10 loss at New England, putting Buffalo at 2-7 for the season and that much closer to Toronto.

It's no secret that Jauron is most likely on the hotseat in 2008 - back to back 7-9 seasons were respectible considering the mess Donahoe left behind and the fact we play in a very strong conference - but now in year three, anything less than a playoff birth will likely result in The Corpse's demise. Especially considering that he has all the pieces in place on defense, and that is his pedigree.

~The Answer

feelthepain
05-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Fact ... 4-0 vs. FINS !!!!

Like sweeping Miami in the last two years and us being on our third coach in the process is a major accomplishment? I don't know what's funnier, your pathetically low expectaions or the fact that the only thing Bill fans have to talk trash about in the last 10 years is sweeping the Dolphins. You really don't get how sad that is do you? The Dolphins can afford to have a few bad years, we've seen far more then our share of success and we'll be winners again before the Bills will. Just another example of why you should get back to making a cake for your boyfriend cause you're cluless about football princess.

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Like sweeping Miami in the last two years and us being on our third coach in the process is a major accomplishment?.

You stated the fish was better than the bills the ast 2 years and then now you just admitted your fins stink!!!

Even so. Dick is 4-0 vs the fish

:loser:

feelthepain
05-19-2008, 11:29 AM
You stated the fish was better than the bills the ast 2 years and then now you just admitted your fins stink!!!

Even so. Dick is 4-0 vs the fish

:loser:

Really? I have not once this spring said the Dolphins were better then the Bills. I've said the Bills aren't a playoff team because they were 7-9 and finished nearly last on both sides of the ball over each of the last 2 years. I said the Dolphins had better offensive and defensive statistics then the Bills which they did. I think if you could read you'd see that when I was asked about the 08 Dolphins, I've said I have no idea what we'll be. So since I said the Dolphins were better then the Bills other then offensive and defensiver statistics you can provide the proof. Good luck pirncess!!

dasaybz
05-19-2008, 11:48 AM
I dont think its that outrageous, I dont think we'll be 2-7 after week 10 but if we are you better believe a lot of people will be calling for Jauron's head.

If we are 2-7 going in to week 10, then he probably will not be back the following year. Justifiably so.

ublinkwescore
05-19-2008, 12:41 PM

I will be - if that happens, but you know, I know, and the rest of the zone knows that's not going to happen - even if we're injury riddled yet again like last season, we've got a weaker schedule this year - we'll probably go 8-8 worst case scenario.

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Really? I have not once this spring said the Dolphins were better then the Bills.
LIAR!

05-15-2008

I think the biggest difference in Buffalo and Miami the last two years is luck. It has to be considering how bad Buffalo was on both sides of the ball. Miami was better then Buffalo the last two years. Buffalo could easily have been 2-14 as they were 7-9, you should consider yourself luckier not better.

Looks like you got caught with your panties down you LIAR.
. :lol:

ublinkwescore
05-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Like sweeping Miami in the last two years and us being on our third coach in the process is a major accomplishment? I don't know what's funnier, your pathetically low expectaions or the fact that the only thing Bill fans have to talk trash about in the last 10 years is sweeping the Dolphins. You really don't get how sad that is do you? The Dolphins can afford to have a few bad years, we've seen far more then our share of success and we'll be winners again before the Bills will. Just another example of why you should get back to making a cake for your boyfriend cause you're cluless about football princess.

:rofl:

Love the sig.

It's fitting.

BTW, let me know how that "we'll be winners again before the Bills will." works out.

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 12:50 PM
:rofl:

Love the sig.

It's fitting.

. :mad:

Dr. Lecter
05-19-2008, 12:50 PM
:mad:

I admit it has made me chuckle too.

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 12:51 PM
I admit it has made me chuckle too.
mee too ;)

ublinkwescore
05-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Is that you or something Justa?

ublinkwescore
05-19-2008, 12:57 PM
My bad, I didn't read the bottom.

I only see the top of it unless I take the time to scroll down - I thought it was FTP my self.

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Is that you or something Justa?It's called , I'm in FTP's head . I bother him so much he'd create a sig in my name. :up:

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 12:58 PM
My bad, I didn't read the bottom.

I only see the top of it unless I take the time to scroll down - I thought it was FTP my self.
I owe you pos reps.

ParanoidAndroid
05-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I will be - if that happens, but you know, I know, and the rest of the zone knows that's not going to happen - even if we're injury riddled yet again like last season, we've got a weaker schedule this year - we'll probably go 8-8 worst case scenario.

Be careful about judging the schedule in pre-season. I remember how our schedule was supposed to be easier last year as well, but teams we looked at as a win in pre-season, looked otherwise during the season. Strength of schedule does not bear out until after the season is over.

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Be careful about judging the schedule in pre-season. I remember how our schedule was supposed to be easier last year as well, but teams we looked at as a win in pre-season, looked otherwise during the season. Strength of schedule does not bear out until after the season is over.
it was actually ranked as one of the the hardest schedule prior to the start of the season. Turned out be be easy.

YardRat
05-19-2008, 02:23 PM
If we're 2-7 heading into the New England game, barring a series of extremely unusual circumstances, he should be gone before the ball is even kicked off that week.

yordad
05-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Dick Jauron has been a HC for 8 years with three different teams. He had 1 season in 8 years with a winning record. At this point in time he is 4 games under 500. as the Bills HC and 17 games below 500. overall. I don't see him as the type of guy that should be a HC, but he's cheap and RW likes that.Well.... your head coach has never won a game!!

feelthepain
05-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Well.... your head coach has never won a game!!

Well he has a better win/loss differential then Jauron, doesn't he?? Oh and he's had more experience on a winning team then Jauron too.

John Doe
05-19-2008, 07:50 PM
It is certainly possible that the Bills will have a bad season and Jauron will face the consequences - it is possible that the team will have a winning record as well.

What I find highly unlikely is that he will have a "meltdown" if the former scenario comes true. I don't think that having a meltdown is in his nature.