PDA

View Full Version : Russ Brandon on SIRIUS

Coach Sal
05-19-2008, 07:30 AM
I think I caught it about half-way through, but here are some of the things he said:

(They were in the middle of talking about Lee Evans' contract and I didn't catch the beginning of that conversation, but what I did hear........)
--They have taken an active approach to trying to lock up their young players and plan on doing that with Lee.

Regarding Lee, asked about other players around the league holding out entering the last year of their deals:
--We've been fortunate not to have that kind of situation in Buffalo over the years and says that's a credit to Dick Jauron and the way players feel about him.....and also because players see they "are buidling something special" in Buffalo.

Asked about bringing in Marcus Stroud, considering it appears the Jags were concerned about his ankle:
--We knew we needed to get bigger up-front....we had our doctors give a thorough look at the ankle. He spent a lot of time with the doctors and they felt very comfortable about making the deal after their reports.
--Mentioned Spencer Johnson right after that and said he is a rotational 3-technique player that will really help.
--Mentioned the addition of Kawika Mitchell and how the presence all three of those players should help each other and the defense over all.

On the CBA:
--I'll have to put a muzzle on when it comes to talking about that.

On the QB situation. Is it a competition or is it Trent's job?
--Coach Jauron has been up-front about saying Trent is the #1 guy. However, We are in a very fortunate position. 64 QBs started in the NFL last year and we have two good young players there. JP has been great handling the situation. He's been here working out and so has Trent.

Finally, on him personally:
--Gave a lot of praise to John Butler for learning under him.
--Ralph Wilson has been a great mentor for him.

Romes
05-19-2008, 07:44 AM
If Evans signs something (other than autographs) during training camp I'd say Brandon has done pretty well for his first off-season in charge.

bigbub2352
05-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Russ needs to EXT LEE and Crowell and he could have had on paper the best GM offseason we have seen since Polian

dasaybz
05-19-2008, 11:59 AM
The Bills have the cap space, I can see them definitely locking these 2 up.

HHURRICANE
05-19-2008, 08:03 PM
I don't love Crowell, he can walk. Evans is a guy we need to keep.

Night Train
05-20-2008, 04:40 AM
Lee Evans is the best player on the team, so signing him is priority 1.

Crowell depends on what he expects in $$. I hope the Bills don't overpay him, ala Kelsay.