PDA

View Full Version : Hardy Update

M
05-19-2008, 01:00 PM
... "No gun was involved," said Hardy. "I don't know where she got that from. That's something that me and my father discussed. The only problem is I feel even if I'm at home and I feel I have to protect myself he actually convinced me to go get one, but there wasn't one at the time there."

Hardy quickly saw the negative perception the incident created about him publicly and it was troublesome to him that he could not rectify that perception."The only thing is I shouldn't have been there," Hardy admitted. "It sort of feels like every time I go home something negative, I'm always on the end of it. Now I'm in Buffalo and this is the best thing to happen to me since the birth of my son and I just want to get on the right track in Buffalo. This is something that will never happen again and nothing will ever be blown out of proportion again because I will never be in this situation." ...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6085

hydro
05-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Good to hear! Hopefully this is his last blip as a Bill.

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 01:02 PM
OMG!OMG! he's lying!!!

ParanoidAndroid
05-19-2008, 01:06 PM
That is what I was hoping he would do. His first statement wasn't specific enough. :whew:

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 01:12 PM
I think she said Gum. Hardy pointed a gum on his father. What a thug.

raphael120
05-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Hey, if he has to learn it the hard way, so be it. At least nothing major came from this, but I think he is starting to realize he grew up around a bunch of a trash and he's got to rise above and start a whole new life in Buffalo and leave the past behind and the bad influences behind.

patmoran2006
05-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Have to learn more about it over time, but he certainly knows the right things to say. thats for sure.

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 01:24 PM
and start a whole new life in Buffalo and leave the past behind and the bad influences behind.until his contract runs out and cheap Ralphy doesn't resign him and he ends up signing with the Colts :ill:

raphael120
05-19-2008, 01:25 PM
until his contract runs out and cheap Ralphy doesn't resign him and he ends up signing with the Colts :ill:

We get the point dude, you like to mock the pessismists but damn, it's getting excessive.

hydro
05-19-2008, 01:25 PM
he ends up signing with the Colts :ill:

Boy that just came right out of thin air...

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 01:27 PM
We get the point dude, you like to mock the pessismists but damn, it's getting excessive.
na, just the sky is falling over reactive and the Ralph is cheap posters.

Mitchy moo
05-19-2008, 01:47 PM
At least he knows better than to head back toward trouble, that in itself means alot. He is happy to be in Buffalo and get working, I love that.

Fingers crossed.

madness
05-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Damn nosey neighbor. I have a feeling mybills was involved in this somehow.

feelthepain
05-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah I often walk up on an argument between 2 people and just out of the blue imagine there is gun involved. Happens all the time.

THATHURMANATOR
05-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Not enough IMO. The pessimists are 100x worse.

mayotm
05-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah I often walk up on an argument between 2 people and just out of the blue imagine there is gun involved. Happens all the time.
You're right. People in this country never get falsely accussed of anything.

feelthepain
05-19-2008, 02:52 PM
You're right. People in this country never get falsely accussed of anything.

Yeah and people in this country with money never pay their way out of trouble.

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 02:53 PM

LIAR

mayotm
05-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Yeah and people in this country with money never pay their way out of trouble.Agreed. However, since neither of us were there, doesn't it make more sense to not pass judgement?

Bill Cody
05-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Does this mean we won't be drafting 4th anymore?:scratch:

feelthepain
05-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Agreed. However, since neither of us were there, doesn't it make more sense to not pass judgement?

I'm not passing judgement, I'm simply making a point.

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm not passing judgement, I'm simply making a point.
Liar. You're implied he lied that he could've lied about having a gun and that the witness was telling the truth and that he could've paid someone.

feelthepain
05-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Liar. You're implied he lied that he could've lied about having a gun and that the witness was telling the truth and that he could've paid someone.

You have a real tough time with facts don't you. I never said anybody "did" anything. Simply made the point it "could be" that way. PMSing again princess??

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 04:48 PM
You have a real tough time with facts don't you.
haha! Says the tard who has a hard time accepting the FACT that the bills were a better team the last 2 years and that .....

Dick is 4-0 vs. fins sweep Fact!!!! :snicker:

TigerJ
05-19-2008, 05:05 PM
It was bubble blower in the shape of a gun.

Well, whatever happened, I hope it's behind him. I do worry a little about one thing he said. In essence he was talking about how he couldn't trust people around him. He's not going back to Ft. Wayne as much because he couldn't trust people (like maybe his father) and that his circle needs to get smaller. Maybe he's right about his father, but the tenor of the statement isn't very encouraging. He needs to look for some people he can trust. He can't just shut everyone out. That's not a sign of good emotional health IMHO.

Philagape
05-19-2008, 05:10 PM
"What is THAT?"
"It's a gun."
"It's your finger."
"No it's not, it's a gun!"
"Let me see it then."
"Get out of here, I'm not gonna show you my gun!"

-- Field of Dreams

Ebenezer
05-19-2008, 05:13 PM
"What is THAT?"
"It's a gun."
"It's your finger."
"No it's not, it's a gun!"
"Let me see it then."
"Get out of here, I'm not gonna show you my gun!"

-- Field of Dreams
"you said your finger was a gun"

great movie.

Goobylal
05-19-2008, 05:16 PM
You have a hard enough time "seeing" things at your youthful age. Imagine how much harder it will be at 73.

Tatonka
05-19-2008, 11:39 PM
i believe him.

Romes
05-19-2008, 11:40 PM
good enough for me. now let him play some football.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Let's hope he can do what he says and is able to go out and just concentrate on football from here on out.

Cutting ties with some of the people that they grew up around who can be bad influences is often one of the toughest things that a young guy coming out of tough circumstances into the NFL has to do. The guys who can do it successfully are often the ones who go on to have successful careers on and off the field. The ones who can't often end up repeatedly getting into trouble, like C.Henry, P.Jones, etc.

So, obviously, I'm pulling for Hardy to be able to be successful. And, I agree that it would probably help if he could find some people that he can trust to support him in this, even if those people are his teammates. I hope that some guys on the team like Whitner, etc. can take him under their wing and make him feel like he does have some people around him who he can trust and who will be there for him when he needs them.