PDA

View Full Version : New Trent Edwards article...

ublinkwescore
05-19-2008, 01:48 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=413349

talks about him gaining weight the right way...

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 02:01 PM
With extra muscle, Edwards hopes he will be able to absorb hits by defenders lets hope he won't be put to the test.

New offensive coordinator Turk Schonert promises to use his running backs in the passing game more often. . :bf1:

With blockers in front of them, Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson are capable of making big plays on screens.lets hope our lard asses of an OL can actually run with their size and not run out of gas. We don't have enough depth in the OL to be rotating .

on our lb'ers

None of the starters are great in man-to-man coverage, but they do a nice job playing their assigned zones and have good ball skills.

If the DL dominates so will the lb'ers.

The Answer
05-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Trent is a complete QB that can make all the passes - and we definitely need to start utilizing the screen passing game more since Lynch is such a dynamic threat in the backfield.

In fact I believe part of the reason that Lynch was rated so high by so many scouts is his pass catching ability - sadly the idiot calling the offensive plays last year didn't realize this.

~The Answer

OpIv37
05-19-2008, 04:52 PM
wait, running backs can be used in the passing game? Since when?

raphael120
05-19-2008, 05:00 PM
wait, running backs can be used in the passing game? Since when?

someone diligently read into the depths of the NFL rule book and found out that indeed, throwing it to a RB is a legal play.

Historian
05-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Remember Thurman running fly patterns?

Ahhh, the good old days!

patmoran2006
05-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Trent will be in the Top half of AFC Qb's in ratings among starters.

So if there are what, 16 teams? That means he finishes in the Top 8.. To quote the answer.. "BOOK IT!"

HHURRICANE
05-19-2008, 08:01 PM
I think he finishes in the top 5 for QB rating.

TacklingDummy
05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
I think he will shlt the bed.

HHURRICANE
05-19-2008, 09:38 PM

Does someone need a hug?

Dude, let's wait til at least the pre-season. Last pre-season is when I thought we were in trouble with JP. If trent starts chuching rocks all over the place I'll be the first to join your cynisism.

HAMMER
05-19-2008, 11:48 PM

I know I am just taking your bait but WTF? If Tom Brady or Peyton Manning were our QB you would still make these ridiculous comments. Don't you have anything else to say?

LifetimeBillsFan
05-20-2008, 12:46 AM
Remember Thurman running fly patterns?

Ahhh, the good old days!

There's no reason that Lynch and Freddy Jackson can't do that now!

The thing that baffles me is that they talked up Lynch's pass receiving skills all last preseason and then they never used him in the passing offense. He and Jackson are tailor-made for the same kind of plays that Thurman used to run in the K-Gun. Let's hope they finally figure that out and start to call some of those plays this season--IMHO that could really help to ignite this offense.

ublinkwescore
05-20-2008, 01:08 AM

:rofl:

OMG - I needed that.

jamze132
05-20-2008, 02:59 AM
There's no reason that Lynch and Freddy Jackson can't do that now!

The thing that baffles me is that they talked up Lynch's pass receiving skills all last preseason and then they never used him in the passing offense. He and Jackson are tailor-made for the same kind of plays that Thurman used to run in the K-Gun. Let's hope they finally figure that out and start to call some of those plays this season--IMHO that could really help to ignite this offense.
Two words for you...

Steve Fairchild

I seriously think he was a complete idiot. I don't think there is or was a good enough excuse to not involve either RB more in the passing game. They can both catch the ball.

Don't Panic
05-20-2008, 07:47 AM
The 10 pounds of muscle were very necessary... TE was far too thin last year. He'll be able to take the blows and hopefully put a little more on his passes because of this. Great to hear.

They also had a piece at the bottom on our LBs.... I think these guys are the epitmoe (sp) of our team mantra this year... young and talented, no one sees them coming.

justasportsfan
05-20-2008, 07:55 AM

It's people like you that gives FTP ammo to call bills fans homers when you're not contradicting yourself. You say I brought reality to mybills thread, you brought homerism to this thread.

IF Trent becomes top 5 in qb rating, I guarantee you, we'll make playoffs. How many threads did you create talking about not makng playoffs?

dasaybz
05-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Lynch and Freejack were great on screens last year. Why they didn't use them more is beyond me.

Here's another new concept.

Slant patterns.

Maybe a couple of those a game will keep the safeties honest.

DMBcrew36
05-20-2008, 09:36 AM
According to that article we have 0 pro-bowl calliber players.

I beg to differ.

ddaryl
05-20-2008, 10:41 AM

and yet you don't see playoffs, or the possibility of a playoff run this year

:crazy:

I have hopes for Trent... I'll need to see how he looks in the preseason, hopefully we se a few scoring drives in the 1st quarters, and some consistent ball movement

DraftBoy
05-20-2008, 10:46 AM

So if there are what, 16 teams? That means he finishes in the Top 8.. To quote the answer.. "BOOK IT!"

That's not really a huge accomplishment, considering he could still finish in the low teens overall...

The Answer
05-20-2008, 12:12 PM

Definitely agree - statistically he should be in the top 8 if he takes the next step, and if he exceeds expectations he may get serious consideration for a trip to Hawaii.

~The Answer

Don't Panic
05-20-2008, 12:41 PM
According to that article we have 0 pro-bowl calliber players.

I beg to differ.

I think they meant just the LB crop, but I could be wrong.