PDA

View Full Version : I just see playoffs.

mybills
05-19-2008, 03:27 PM
I keep looking at this roster and I just see playoffs:

1) Stroud is huge. I feel like we'll get something bigger out of him.

2) Hardy is replacing Peerless Price so this is an instant upgrade. We may even get 4000 yards out of him and 40 TDs.

3) McKelvin is a nice pick and I don't see his impact being limited to a Ko Simpson type first year.

4) This is Mitchell's third team in three years. He's a veteran upgrade at LB and a dominant player.

The reality is that this team is relying on the returns of Poz and Simpson while looking forward to the development of the 2nd year players in Lynch and Edwards.

This is why we make the playoffs this year.

justasportsfan
05-19-2008, 03:32 PM
I am optimistic about the potential when I look at the line up and then I look at the Pats and also realize that 10-6 will only get you a wild card under the right circumstances and then I'm back to earth.

Wild card at best if we're lucky.

Philagape
05-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Hardy can score 40 TDs by threatening defensive backs :up:

mybills
05-19-2008, 03:36 PM
I have a good feeling about this team's direction, and it's not the same picture that HURR gave us. :D

Patti120
05-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Hardy can score 40 TDs by threatening defensive backs :up:

There was a movie that came out like 10 years ago. (Last boyscout maybe) where the WR was running down the field and pulled a gun out and shot someone. Memory is hazy on it though.

I'm thinking that Hardy's play will be something like that! He does have a permit afterall.

HHURRICANE
05-19-2008, 04:21 PM

2) Hardy is replacing Peerless Price so this is an instant upgrade. We may even get 4000 yards out of him and 40 TDs.

3) McKelvin is a nice pick and I don't see his impact being limited to a Ko Simpson type first year.

4) This is Mitchell's third team in three years. He's a veteran upgrade at LB and a dominant player.

The reality is that this team is relying on the returns of Poz and Simpson while looking forward to the development of the 2nd year players in Lynch and Edwards.

This is beat. You already did this on another one of my threads.

Stround is huge? Seriously, this is your critique of his play?

HHURRICANE
05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I am optimistic about the potential when I look at the line up and then I look at the Pats and also realize that 10-6 will only get you a wild card under the right circumstances and then I'm back to earth.

Wild card at best if we're lucky.

OMG, Justa brings reality to the board.

Good post.

The King
05-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Lets just take the season in quarters and not get to ahead of ourselves.

4-0

feelthepain
05-19-2008, 04:26 PM
dejavu...again!!!

OpIv37
05-19-2008, 04:40 PM

did you see the article about rookie receivers? Expecting too much out of Hardy is unreasonable, and he was the ONLY addition to the 30th ranked offense last year. That's simply not good enough.

The D should be better but Stroud and Mitchell can't score touchdowns. The O will hold this team back yet again.

Historian
05-19-2008, 05:51 PM
dejavu...again!!!

I think the fish will end up 1-15 again too.....

Philagape
05-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Just about every year there's one or two rookie receivers that put up good numbers ... say around 60 catches, 800 yards, 8 TDs ... and I honestly believe Hardy will be that guy this year. He's the best combination of talent and opportunity.

mybills
05-19-2008, 07:26 PM
You already did this on another one of my threads.
exactly. :sarcasm: