PDA

View Full Version : Evans on Turk

YardRat
05-20-2008, 06:13 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/350978.html

“Turk has played the game, so he has an innate sense of offense, how to attack the defense, different ways to attack the defense to keep them off-balance,” Evans said. “We have a lot of carryover and a lot of things that he has brought to the table to make it even better.”

Evans thinks he will line up in more different spots in the offensive set.

“[They’re] moving me around, a lot of motions and shifts,” he said. “You really have to be attentive to this offense because there is a lot going in. You have the ability to put any receiver anywhere and let them run any route and get open. When you have that type of flexibility it really helps your offense.”

mybills
05-20-2008, 06:20 AM
Looks like Evans did the talking for a few people. Not just JP, as some were quick to point out JP was avoiding the media. :shakeno:

Mitchy moo
05-20-2008, 06:24 AM
Looks like Evans did the talking for a few people. Not just JP, as some were quick to point out JP was avoiding the media. :shakeno:
:oops:

Was Hamdan there? He is the other backup that never gets any attention.

TigerJ
05-20-2008, 07:47 AM
I like variety. I like things that keep defenses of balamce, but I remember one thing that caused the Bills to struggle back when Gregg Williams was head coach and Kevin Killdrive was offensive coordinator was the offense seemed to be so complex that it even kept the Bills offense off ballance The QB (Dre w Bledsoe) and receives seemed not to be on the same page as to how the receiver should run his route in a given situation. I hope Schonert doesn't make it so complex that the offensive personnel have a tough time grasping it.

justasportsfan
05-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Evans is optimistic he will get more room to run against opposing defenses thanks to the presence of Hardy, the 6-foot-6 target the Bills acquired in the second round of last month’s NFL draft.

what? The experts here said he had all the room but stank anyways.

madness
05-20-2008, 08:05 AM
I like variety. I like things that keep defenses of balamce, but I remember one thing that caused the Bills to struggle back when Gregg Williams was head coach and Kevin Killdrive was offensive coordinator was the offense seemed to be so complex that it even kept the Bills offense off ballance The QB (Dre w Bledsoe) and receives seemed not to be on the same page as to how the receiver should run his route in a given situation. I hope Schonert doesn't make it so complex that the offensive personnel have a tough time grasping it.

... but if he added an option route to last year's playbook, the degree of difficulty would increase tenfold.

jamze132
05-20-2008, 08:59 AM
I would like to think that a first time coordinator would not outsmart himself. He needs to keep it simple and continue to add more and more complexity as his players learn it and excell.

If you look at what Faichild did, well he didn't do anything. His offense was so basic that every team knew exactly what we were going to do by the formation we lined up in. And the only (1) audible he had was to run outside the LT. It was too basic to have success at the NFL level.

dasaybz
05-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Get Lee, Hardy, and Marshawn the ball.

Do that, and this offense will be fine.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-21-2008, 12:18 AM
What I took from Evans' comments was that he likes what he has seen of what Schonert plans to do and thinks that Hardy can be a factor this season that will help him.

And, that is going to be an important factor in convincing him to stay with the Bills (along with money, obviously)--although I think he still wants to see more of how Schonert intends to mix up the play-calling (if you recall, Fairchild talked a lot about opening up the offense at this time last year and the players were really psyched up about that, but, then, he didn't do that once the games started to count, which upset the players, including Evans, a lot).

Still, what Evans had to say and the fact that they actually worked on throwing the ball to the backs on Tuesday are both encouraging signs at this stage.