X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

OTA Notes: McKelvin Gets First Team Reps

It didn't take long for Bills top pick Leodis McKelvin to get some work with the starting unit. During 11-on-11 work Tuesday McKelvin lined up in the slot as the first team defense started in their nickel package. Shortly thereafter McKelvin filled in for Terrence McGee on the left side as the veteran corner had a reduced workload.

"It felt good," said McKelvin. "I just have to learn from the vets and take that to the field as best I can."

McKelvin fared pretty well during the Tuesday session effectively recognizing a run play and maintaining his leverage to force the ballcarrier back inside. His coverage was also pretty solid throughout the practice.

• SeatownBillsFan21
    • Mar 2004

Re: OTA Notes: McKelvin Gets First Team Reps

hopefully he starts sometime this year cant wait to see him play

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I love football.
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Aug 2004

As expected, they are trying to work him in as the nickle back first to see what he is able to handle.

If he can show that he can handle starting, I think that they would like to get him into the starting lineup by mid-season at the latest, if not sooner. It will be interesting to see how quickly he progresses once they put on the pads.

I also find it interesting that they are working him at the LCB spot behind McGee. I wonder if they would consider flipping McGee to the right side once McKelvin shows that he is ready to start or if they have some other plan in mind?
        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

The article also mentioned that William James looked good as well, which does not suprise me at all. I thought he was a good football player already. So it's not going to break my heart of one of those guys actually unseats Greer.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
            • Mar 2004

why

Comment

• methos4ever
              • Apr 2004

I think, especially with the articles about most teams spending more than 50% of the time in nickel that McGee and not Greer would become a slot CB. Not because Greer is better than McGee, but think about how good our secondary would be with a guy like Terrance covering a team's 3rd wideout?

If I'm right, that would also mean in year one that Leodis would have a little safety help (depending on coverage) over the top and ensure he learns when to try to jump a route and when not to.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by methos4ever
                I think, especially with the articles about most teams spending more than 50% of the time in nickel that McGee and not Greer would become a slot CB. Not because Greer is better than McGee, but think about how good our secondary would be with a guy like Terrance covering a team's 3rd wideout?

If I'm right, that would also mean in year one that Leodis would have a little safety help (depending on coverage) over the top and ensure he learns when to try to jump a route and when not to.
                i guess i understand where you're coming from, but i dont see that happening AT ALL unless the opposition lines up thier #1 WR in the slot to mix things up, and we counter.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by SeatownBillsFan21
                  why
                  Why what?
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                  X