PDA

View Full Version : Lynch Lapping The Field

The Spaz
05-20-2008, 02:01 PM
On day two of OTAs for the Bills running back Marshawn Lynch looked quick in and out of the hole, quick around the corner and quick catching out of the backfield. All of that quickness is due in part to the experience he gained as a rookie in 2007. It's made him a far more decisive player than the one that was still able to roll up over 1,100 yards rushing despite missing three games last season.

"You just know what to expect coming in so it kind of gives you an edge and I've been working on my edge," said Lynch.

Spending a full offseason in an NFL strength and conditioning program has also benefited Lynch who feels he's in a bit better shape than he was as a rookie. But there's one extra element to his training regimen that Lynch has added on his own to give him that edge.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6089

Pride
05-20-2008, 02:54 PM
I love this cat!

justasportsfan
05-20-2008, 03:14 PM
I wonder if he wears a shower cap when he goes swimming.

feelthepain
05-20-2008, 03:19 PM
On day two of OTAs for the Bills running back Marshawn Lynch looked quick in and out of the hole, quick around the corner and quick catching out of the backfield. All of that quickness is due in part to the experience he gained as a rookie in 2007.

Well that, and the fact that it's just OTA's. How hard can it be as a RB to look sharp when no ones " really trying" to tackle you?

hydro
05-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Well that, and the fact that it's just OTA's. How hard can it be as a RB to look sharp when no ones " really trying" to tackle you?

Wow, really? Thanks for telling us...

Historian
05-20-2008, 03:21 PM
I would ask Yatil Green.

justasportsfan
05-20-2008, 03:22 PM
someone is obviously nervous about Lynch.

Hows Browns injury? Is it holding up? Must be hard for him to do what Lynch is doing.

The Spaz
05-20-2008, 03:22 PM
I would ask Yatil Green.

Ouch...lol

feelthepain
05-20-2008, 03:24 PM
I would ask Yatil Green.

Or Rob Johnson.

justasportsfan
05-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Or Rob Johnson.
Or Culpecker....
Dear Daunte,

Love always,
FTP. :limp:

Captain gameboy
05-20-2008, 03:26 PM

As I recall from a link from the Miami Herald that I posted last year, the Dolphins numero uno form two years ago, Jason Allen, looked absolutely atrocious at OTA's.

In that link, they talked about his "progress," while being beat by six yards on a pass play, averring that that was better than the 12 yds he was getting beat by during the first OTA.

Must be something in the water.

DynaPaul
05-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Or Culpecker....
Dear Daunte,

Love always,
FTP. :limp:

Dainty Smallpecker!

Mr. Miyagi
05-20-2008, 04:09 PM
It's Florida.

Jeff1220
05-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Dainty Smallpecker!

These made up names rarely amuse me, but I must admit, this one made me lol.

OpIv37
05-20-2008, 04:36 PM
I always take info from CB and BB.com with a grain of salt because their job is to promote the team, but this is definitely good news. I especially liked the part of the up-tempo offense. There has to be a balance between the Mike Mularkey "triple reverse on 3rd and goal from the two" and the Steve Fairchild "run, run, incomplete pass" and it sounds like they're getting close to finding it.

mayotm
05-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Assuming Lynch stays healthy, he should approach 1,500 yards rushing this year.

feelthepain
05-20-2008, 05:06 PM
As I recall from a link from the Miami Herald that I posted last year, the Dolphins numero uno form two years ago, Jason Allen, looked absolutely atrocious at OTA's.

In that link, they talked about his "progress," while being beat by six yards on a pass play, averring that that was better than the 12 yds he was getting beat by during the first OTA.

A) He was a rookie 2 years ago.

B) He got better as his rookie year went along

C) Last year he had a very good year.

D) I'm not knocking Lynch, just pointing out it's ridiculous to think how a player looks in the first OTA's is hardly a glimps into what their season will be or how to judge them.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Cant wait till he puts up ungodly #'s against the fish this year

justasportsfan
05-20-2008, 05:58 PM
D) I'm not knocking Lynch, just pointing out it's ridiculous to think how a player looks in the first OTA's is hardly a glimps into what their season will be or how to judge them.
Whats more ridiculous is a rvial fan getting all nervous about an OTA article. It's the official bills site. What do you think the official dolphins post on their official site? The election? Sorry, my bad, I know they are talking about how JT would rather dance than go to the fins camp. Thats not the fault of the BB.com however.

Don't be so insecure or so defensive when something good is written about any bill. Grow up.

feelthepain
05-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Cant wait till he puts up ungodly #'s against the fish this year

I can't wait till the Dolphins take the field with a better coached, better conditioned, stronger, bigger, younger, and faster Defense. Lynch didn't play great against a 1-15 Dolphins team in 07, I don't see how he will put up "ungodly" numbers this year. We'll see.

justasportsfan
05-20-2008, 06:12 PM
I can't wait till the Dolphins take the field with a better coached, better conditioned, stronger, bigger, younger, and faster Defense. Lynch didn't play great against a 1-15 Dolphins team in 07, I don't see how he will put up "ungodly" numbers this year. We'll see.
I'll use the same excuse you used for Jason Allen...Lynch " was a rookie" last year. Yeah, we shall see how the bills do as well better coached (Fairchilds gone) with both Lynch and Trent having a year under their belt.

Wanna bet on the first game now since the fins are better coached, better conditioned , stronger blah,blah,blah? I'm almost sure you'll chicken out as usual with " i have no control" excuse.

ddaryl
05-20-2008, 06:14 PM

so you are predicting 2-14 this year for the Dolphins

feelthepain
05-20-2008, 06:17 PM
so you are predicting 2-14 this year for the Dolphins
Unlike Bill fans, I'm not predicting anything. Hense the words "We'll see"!

Yasgur's Farm
05-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Lynch didn't play great against a 1-15 Dolphins team in 07, I don't see how he will put up "ungodly" numbers this year. We'll see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8wdhHaaDGQ

HHURRICANE
05-20-2008, 08:18 PM

Yeah, your team is going to be scary good even though Parcells has admitted publicly that it will take 2 years. GO FINS!!

Mitchy moo
05-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah, your team is going to be scary good even though Parcells has admitted publicly that it will take 2 years. GO FINS!!

Can the tuna.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-21-2008, 01:34 AM
The thing that I took from the article--that is something that those who question whether the Bills can be improved on offense without adding more than Hardy should be encouraged by--is Lynch's own admission that he wasn't as sharp/quick last year as he is now:

"....All of that quickness is due in part to the experience he gained as a rookie in 2007. It's made him a far more decisive player than the one that was still able to roll up over 1,100 yards rushing despite missing three games last season.

"You just know what to expect coming in so it kind of gives you an edge and I've been working on my edge," said Lynch."

Knowing what to do and what to expect--and, as a result, being more decisive--right from the beginning of the season should make Lynch incrementally better this season. And, by the same token, knowing what to expect from him and Fred Jackson should also help the offensive linemen set up and make their blocks better this season, too.

You might say that it's not a big deal, but the Bills really haven't able to field the same starting RB and O-linemen since T.Henry's second season. And, it should allow the running game to be more productive this season. For a team that had a hard time converting on third downs, especially third and short, an additional 300-350 yards on the ground over the course of the season could prove to be a big difference maker.

Tatonka
05-21-2008, 07:27 AM
I would ask Yatil Green.

or ginn.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-21-2008, 09:09 AM
we sure will wont we buddy:respect:

justasportsfan
05-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Unlike Bill fans, I'm not predicting anything. Hense the words "We'll see"!
Ignored my challange again. PWNED!!! :snicker:

RingofFire
05-21-2008, 12:20 PM
<object width="425" height="355">
</param>
</param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3wkywZ2ucE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>