Lee was just on Sirius, with Schein and Hassleback...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Lee was just on Sirius, with Schein and Hassleback...

Nice long interview with Lee! The highlights:

- Contract: There is a contract offer on the table, they're going to work from there. Lee said it would be ideal to have a deal done before training camp!!
    - On Edwards: wants to see him grow as a leader this year. He did a good job, but in his second year Lee wants to see him step up and really control the huddle and team
    - On JP: He's just getting himself as ready as he can so he can take advantage should an opportunity present itself
    - On Hardy: thinks he'll be a good one, needs to step up to NFL level
    - On Turk: likes that he's had big game experience, expects him to bring good things to the O
    - On the Pats: we need to learn to win the close ones, then we can compete with anyone
    - On Toronto: thinks it'll be good for season ticket holders in that area, should be good for him and the players (more exposure in a bigger market)
    - On the D: Doesn't know much about McKelvin, thinks that the Stroud pick-up should really help the entire D (Schein said our D line could be "dominant")
    - On the labor agreement: wasn't surprised owners opted out. Feels there needs to be some new payment system for rookies
    - On his contract: Basing his value off of Fitz, Moss, Berrian

All in all it was great to hear Lee on for so long talking about the season. Sounds like we're going to do what we can to lock him up! Schein thinks the Bills are going to be a special team this year!

Shamlessly stolen from 2BD from: Heitz
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Lee was just on Sirius, with Schein and Hassleback...

Originally posted by Skooby
    - On his contract: Basing his value off of Fitz, Moss, Berrian
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Sounds good! Thanks man!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
        WOW!

If he reverts back to 2006 form, he's worth it!

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          WOW!

If he reverts back to 2006 form, he's worth it!
          Im excited that this is getting done Im just real nervous.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
            - On Toronto: thinks it'll be good for season ticket holders in that area, should be good for him and the players (more exposure in a bigger market)
            will there be a tailgate? If so, leave the crappy american beers behind.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

Skoob said."All in all it was great to hear Lee on for so long talking about the season. Sounds like we're going to do what we can to lock him up! Schein thinks the Bills are going to be a special team this year!"

Lets hope it is the good special and not the special olympics kind of special.
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• cocamide
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by acehole
                Skoob said."All in all it was great to hear Lee on for so long talking about the season. Sounds like we're going to do what we can to lock him up! Schein thinks the Bills are going to be a special team this year!"

Lets hope it is the good special and not the special olympics kind of special.
                Maybe he meant that we'll only be good on special teams this year.

Comment

• HAMMER
                  I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                  Im excited that this is getting done Im just real nervous.
                  You have reason to be nervous. I heard the interview and Evans hedged at every opportunity, there was no reason to come away from that interview thinking anything was even close to imminent.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Aug 2004

Thanks for posting the summary of the interview for those of us unable to hear it!

I don't think it is surprising that Evans would hedge on the things he said, but I do find it encouraging that he said that he would like to get a deal done by training camp--that tells me that he is at least willing to re-sign with the Bills and has not made up his mind to bolt at this point. Now, let's see if they can come up with something that both sides can live with.
                    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

- On JP: He's just getting himself as ready as he can so he can take advantage should an opportunity present itself

lee knows what is coming!!!!!

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                        Thanks for posting the summary of the interview for those of us unable to hear it!

I don't think it is surprising that Evans would hedge on the things he said, but I do find it encouraging that he said that he would like to get a deal done by training camp--that tells me that he is at least willing to re-sign with the Bills and has not made up his mind to bolt at this point. Now, let's see if they can come up with something that both sides can live with.
                        Indeed, that is the most important thing. He wants to be a Bill. I love players like that regardless of whether or not they are Pro Bowl caliber.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          will there be a tailgate? If so, leave the crappy american beers behind.
                          I agree - the only decent domestic beer is MGD.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                            • Sep 2004

I'm a JP fan, but ALWAYS and FIRST a Buffalo Bills fan. So, Evans, Edwards, Stroud, Hardy, or JP ............. I really don't care!
                            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                              I agree - the only decent domestic beer is MGD.
                              Yuengling is my favorite.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X