PDA

View Full Version : Lee was just on Sirius, with Schein and Hassleback...

Mitchy moo
05-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Nice long interview with Lee! The highlights:

- Contract: There is a contract offer on the table, they're going to work from there. Lee said it would be ideal to have a deal done before training camp!!
- On Edwards: wants to see him grow as a leader this year. He did a good job, but in his second year Lee wants to see him step up and really control the huddle and team
- On JP: He's just getting himself as ready as he can so he can take advantage should an opportunity present itself
- On Hardy: thinks he'll be a good one, needs to step up to NFL level
- On Turk: likes that he's had big game experience, expects him to bring good things to the O
- On the Pats: we need to learn to win the close ones, then we can compete with anyone
- On Toronto: thinks it'll be good for season ticket holders in that area, should be good for him and the players (more exposure in a bigger market)
- On the D: Doesn't know much about McKelvin, thinks that the Stroud pick-up should really help the entire D (Schein said our D line could be "dominant")
- On the labor agreement: wasn't surprised owners opted out. Feels there needs to be some new payment system for rookies
- On his contract: Basing his value off of Fitz, Moss, Berrian

All in all it was great to hear Lee on for so long talking about the season. Sounds like we're going to do what we can to lock him up! Schein thinks the Bills are going to be a special team this year!

Shamlessly stolen from 2BD from: Heitz<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1040394-->
<!-- THE POST -->

The King
05-20-2008, 02:42 PM
- On his contract: Basing his value off of Fitz, Moss, Berrian

:$: :scared:

The Spaz
05-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Sounds good! Thanks man! :up::beers:

Mr. Miyagi
05-20-2008, 02:47 PM
:$: :scared:
WOW!

If he reverts back to 2006 form, he's worth it!

The King
05-20-2008, 02:50 PM
WOW!

If he reverts back to 2006 form, he's worth it!

Im excited that this is getting done Im just real nervous.

justasportsfan
05-20-2008, 02:52 PM
- On Toronto: thinks it'll be good for season ticket holders in that area, should be good for him and the players (more exposure in a bigger market)

will there be a tailgate? If so, leave the crappy american beers behind.

acehole
05-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Skoob said."All in all it was great to hear Lee on for so long talking about the season. Sounds like we're going to do what we can to lock him up! Schein thinks the Bills are going to be a special team this year!"

Lets hope it is the good special and not the special olympics kind of special.

cocamide
05-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Skoob said."All in all it was great to hear Lee on for so long talking about the season. Sounds like we're going to do what we can to lock him up! Schein thinks the Bills are going to be a special team this year!"

Lets hope it is the good special and not the special olympics kind of special.

Maybe he meant that we'll only be good on special teams this year.

HAMMER
05-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Im excited that this is getting done Im just real nervous.

You have reason to be nervous. I heard the interview and Evans hedged at every opportunity, there was no reason to come away from that interview thinking anything was even close to imminent.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-21-2008, 01:02 AM
Thanks for posting the summary of the interview for those of us unable to hear it!

I don't think it is surprising that Evans would hedge on the things he said, but I do find it encouraging that he said that he would like to get a deal done by training camp--that tells me that he is at least willing to re-sign with the Bills and has not made up his mind to bolt at this point. Now, let's see if they can come up with something that both sides can live with.

djjimkelly
05-21-2008, 03:25 AM
- On JP: He's just getting himself as ready as he can so he can take advantage should an opportunity present itself

lee knows what is coming!!!!!

jamze132
05-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks for posting the summary of the interview for those of us unable to hear it!

I don't think it is surprising that Evans would hedge on the things he said, but I do find it encouraging that he said that he would like to get a deal done by training camp--that tells me that he is at least willing to re-sign with the Bills and has not made up his mind to bolt at this point. Now, let's see if they can come up with something that both sides can live with.
Indeed, that is the most important thing. He wants to be a Bill. I love players like that regardless of whether or not they are Pro Bowl caliber.

ublinkwescore
05-21-2008, 01:29 PM
will there be a tailgate? If so, leave the crappy american beers behind.

I agree - the only decent domestic beer is MGD.

The last buffalo fan
05-21-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm a JP fan, but ALWAYS and FIRST a Buffalo Bills fan. So, Evans, Edwards, Stroud, Hardy, or JP ............. I really don't care! :gobills:

justasportsfan
05-21-2008, 01:51 PM
I agree - the only decent domestic beer is MGD.
Yuengling is my favorite.

Pinkerton Security
05-21-2008, 02:15 PM
f that. Lee hates buffalo. hes gone. he cant stand it here.

not sure why people are so down on our situation regarding his contract, we have the cap room, we're a team on the rise in the eyes of pretty much everyone. i guess it may be a wait and see game with how Trent plays (and therefore affects Lee's stats), but I see no real reason why he would hate Buffalo and not take our cash if we ponied up.

Mitchy moo
05-21-2008, 02:48 PM
but ALWAYS and FIRST a Buffalo Bills fan. So, Evans, Edwards, Stroud, Hardy, or JP ............. I really don't care! :gobills:

Si.

Oaf
05-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Maybe he meant that we'll only be good on special teams this year.
Kick ass avatar. :lmao:

I'm thinking 6 years, 45 mill, 16 mill guarenteed.