PDA

View Full Version : Turk doing all the right things??

Pride
05-20-2008, 02:58 PM
So far, just from watching OTA videos, player interviews, and reading reports... it seems that Turk is getting the RB's involved in the passing game, Screens put in, a faster paced offense, and deep throws utilized.

All good things in my book. I sincerely believe that by seeing his predecessor screw up and play too conservatively, Turk may be the perfect mix of smarts and aggressiveness.

Now we just have to hope the players can rise to the occasion and perform well.

The Spaz
05-20-2008, 03:02 PM
It sure seems he is doing the right things. Let's hope we see good results to show for it.

theanswer74
05-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Ive always been in favor of backup NFL QB's known for their smarts being OC's.

I just think these guys understand the game very well. Now we have 2 guys with that same characteristic running the offense, Turk and AVP.

justasportsfan
05-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Actually pride, the rb's were also involved at camp. Problem is, they never applied it on gameday. Even Turk himself said Fairchild wouldn't call the plays they practiced during the week :coocoo:

LifetimeBillsFan
05-21-2008, 12:38 AM
Actually pride, the rb's were also involved at camp. Problem is, they never applied it on gameday. Even Turk himself said Fairchild wouldn't call the plays they practiced during the week :coocoo:

That was a big part of the problem with the offense last season IMHO.

One of the good things about going with Schonert and AVP as OC and QB coach this year is that they had to listen to the QBs and other players complaining about this very thing last season. I would think that having gone though that would make them more aware of trying to avoid falling into that trap this season. At least I hope so....