PDA

View Full Version : Annual Jersey Purchase

Devin
05-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Every year I get one, last year a few months before the draft I said id buy the jersey of our first round pick. While I was against the Lynch pick I was a man of my word and picked it up.

I typically by throwbacks or older ones (tasker, kelly....etc). As for current Bills I have one rule (normally) and thats to only buy jerseys of guys who either have been or are currently under contract for the long term. Far too much movement in football these days to just randomly buy jerseys.

Thankfully these rules have prevented me from buying jerseys from guys like mcgahee, clements...etc.

Along with Lynch I got Schobel last year.

While I am tempted to sport a McKelvin or Hardy jersey (and I still might) my list is the following in order:

Kent Hull
Jason Peters
Moorman
T-Mac

There are a few guys Id like to get like Poz, TE....etc but I am going to wait on that for another season or two til I see how thier futures here shake out. I have always been a big Marcus Stroud fan, even dating back to college so it maybe hard to resist grabbing one of his, we will see.

Anyone else already bought or planning to buy one?

HAMMER
05-21-2008, 12:33 AM
No. Waste of hard earned money. I sport Bills hats, shirts, etc., but no jerseys with players names.

Michael82
05-21-2008, 12:58 AM
I'm thinking about getting a Hardy jersey and will probably get an Edwards one eventually. :up:

Michael82
05-21-2008, 12:58 AM
Oh yeah, plus I already bought myself a Jim Kelly Super Bowl XXV one when someone posted the link for them being on sale. :up:

ublinkwescore
05-21-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm thinking about getting a Hardy jersey and will probably get an Edwards one eventually. :up:

I will never buy another QB jersey again - it's just too shaky of a position to purchase a jersey for - I really, REALLY though JP turned the corner the season before last, and was our future - I bought his jersey, now it seems it's only a matter of time before I ditch it.

I'm gonna get me a lynch jersey though for sure - I gotta get one to go with my autographed pic of him that hangs on my livingroom wall - just below my Bills penant. Now all I need is for the landlord to let me get the ticket (she's anti Satellite Dish), and then I can put a sign out in front of my apartment inviting all Bills fans to see the Bills play on Sundays in Winton California.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Before last season I had an Andre Reed jersey and an unnamed/unnumbered jersey--both home jerseys from the early 1990s--and an authentic Doug Flutie jersey that a friend gave me for Christmas one year.

Before last season I bought an authentic Paul Posluzny jersey--then he ended up breaking his arm and missing most of the season.

So, I'm not buying another jersey for awhile--I don't want to jinx any Bills players, especially the ones who could end up being good!!!

I like your list and think that you can't really go wrong with either Kent Hull or Jason Peters. Hull was a great center who arguably deserves to be in the HOF (unfortunately O-linemen don't make it into the HOF nearly as much as they deserve to be elected) and Peters is a Pro Bowler. IMHO either one would be a great selection.

Ebenezer
05-21-2008, 02:56 AM

I don't and won't own any jerseys. Rosters are just too fluid and without a long term committment from the team or the player one could burn through uniforms too quickly.

Historian
05-21-2008, 04:45 AM
I'm going to convert my authentic Peerless Price to Hardy, if he keeps 81.

I'm going to convert my Losman to Historian too I think.

I personally think these jersies are too ugly to own more than 2 or 3.

I may buy a Walter Payton....or perhaps a Thurman throwback.

Dujek
05-21-2008, 05:21 AM
I need to get my Spikes converted to Posluszny.

The only current players' jersey I have is an Evans throwback, but I have an old Bruce Smith jersey, a Moulds road jersey and a Milloy home jersey. There was a Rob Johnson one about somewhere, but I think it may have gone in the bin.

Night Train
05-21-2008, 05:25 AM
When they put out a throwback #70 Sestak jersey, let me know.

realdealryan
05-21-2008, 05:36 AM

http://www.buffalobillsproshop.com/main_detail.cfm?nProductID=12899&sAuxTitle=Buffalo%20Bills%20Custom%20Replica%20Throwback%20Jersey

LtFinFan66
05-21-2008, 06:03 AM
I will probably get a Jake Long jersey.

BlackMetalNinja
05-21-2008, 06:07 AM
I've been wanting a Lynch throwback, but I seem to have a curse on players (the jury for Evans is still out). I actually haven't had the spare cash with everything else going on right now to get one this year though, so I'm not sure if I will or not.

Scumbag College
05-21-2008, 06:13 AM
My Nate Clements jersey is a "throwback" now. I'll sell you that for five bucks.

mybills
05-21-2008, 06:19 AM
I've got T-Mac & Moulds, I want Andre Reed's jersey. :(

I really, REALLY though JP turned the corner the season before last, and was our future - I bought his jersey, now it seems it's only a matter of time before I ditch it.
Can I have it? :D

Historian
05-21-2008, 06:28 AM

They usually put out one new old timer per year.

Last year it was Smerlas.

BlackMetalNinja
05-21-2008, 07:00 AM
I'd like a Thurman jersey, those are quite a bit pricier than the normal ones however.

DraftBoy
05-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Im going to get a Kennard Cox jersey! :up:

Michael82
05-21-2008, 08:01 AM
I will never buy another QB jersey again - it's just too shaky of a position to purchase a jersey for - I really, REALLY though JP turned the corner the season before last, and was our future - I bought his jersey, now it seems it's only a matter of time before I ditch it.

I'm gonna get me a lynch jersey though for sure - I gotta get one to go with my autographed pic of him that hangs on my livingroom wall - just below my Bills penant. Now all I need is for the landlord to let me get the ticket (she's anti Satellite Dish), and then I can put a sign out in front of my apartment inviting all Bills fans to see the Bills play on Sundays in Winton California.
The key is to get the jerseys right away. I bought my Lynch jersey last year before the season started. I also bought my Losman jersey in his rookie year. If you buy it early enough, you can get a lot of use out of it. :up:

Michael82
05-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Im going to get a Kennard Cox jersey! :up:
:lmao:

Michael82
05-21-2008, 08:04 AM
I will probably get a Jake Long jersey.
:shocked:

but he's from Michigan!!!

Michael82
05-21-2008, 08:04 AM
I've got T-Mac & Moulds, I want Andre Reed's jersey. :(

Can I have it? :D
They sell the Reed jersey on the Bills site and on ebay a lot. :up:

DraftBoy
05-21-2008, 08:06 AM
:lmao:

I was going to say Id get Derek Fine, but I knew nobody would believe me...

HAMMER
05-21-2008, 08:29 AM
The key is to get the jerseys right away. I bought my Lynch jersey last year before the season started. I also bought my Losman jersey in his rookie year. If you buy it early enough, you can get a lot of use out of it. :up:

How many jerseys do you have in total?

LtFinFan66
05-21-2008, 08:46 AM
:shocked:

but he's from Michigan!!!Yeah, but he's a Fin now

Michael82
05-21-2008, 09:02 AM
How many jerseys do you have in total?
including the ones buried in the back of my closet? hmm.....

1. Doug Flutie home replica (royal blue)
2. Eric Moulds home replica (royal blue)
3. Eric Moulds navy replica with Bills logo on sleeves from JC Pennys.
4. Drew Bledsoe home replica
5. Willis McGahee away replica
6. Willis McGahee home authentic that I got on ebay for cheap
7. Takeo Spikes away authentic that I'm getting changed to a Poz.
8. Paul Posluszny home replica (used to be a Takeo Spikes)
9. JP Losman throwback replica
10. Lee Evans away replica that I got on sale when one of the sports stores was closing.
11. Takeo Spikes pro bowl authentic that I got for cheap on ebay
12. Marshawn Lynch throwback authentic that I got for a very good price on ebay
13. Thurman Thomas home replica (royal blue)
14. Jim Kelly Super Bowl XXV road authentic (got it online during the offseason)

Michael82
05-21-2008, 09:03 AM
okay, maybe I got enough jerseys for now. I'll save my money. :up:

HAMMER
05-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Atta boy.

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-21-2008, 09:10 AM
I will probably get both McKelvin and Hardy. I usually only buy rookie jerseys since they will be around for a while. I got Lynch and POZ last year. I really want a Bruce Smith though.

Michael82
05-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Atta boy.
I say that now, but I know I will either get a McKelvin, Hardy or Edwards by the middle of the season. :ontome:

HAMMER
05-21-2008, 10:07 AM
including the ones buried in the back of my closet? hmm.....

1. Doug Flutie home replica (royal blue)
2. Eric Moulds home replica (royal blue)
3. Eric Moulds navy replica with Bills logo on sleeves from JC Pennys.
4. Drew Bledsoe home replica
5. Willis McGahee away replica
6. Willis McGahee home authentic that I got on ebay for cheap
7. Takeo Spikes away authentic that I'm getting changed to a Poz.
8. Paul Posluszny home replica (used to be a Takeo Spikes)
9. JP Losman throwback replica
10. Lee Evans away replica that I got on sale when one of the sports stores was closing.
11. Takeo Spikes pro bowl authentic that I got for cheap on ebay
12. Marshawn Lynch throwback authentic that I got for a very good price on ebay
13. Thurman Thomas home replica (royal blue)
14. Jim Kelly Super Bowl XXV road authentic (got it online during the offseason)

With the combined number and size of those jerseys, you could go to earthquake ravaged China and build tents to house several families of displaced slant eyes. Be a humanitarian Mikey, donate your old jerseys.

THATHURMANATOR
05-21-2008, 10:10 AM
I will only buy knock offs for 25 bucks on ebay.

justasportsfan
05-21-2008, 10:13 AM
JAke Arians or BJ Hobert:up:

Michael82
05-21-2008, 10:33 AM
With the combined number and size of those jerseys, you could go to earthquake ravaged China and build tents to house several families of displaced slant eyes. Be a humanitarian Mikey, donate your old jerseys.
:lmao: That is so wrong!

LtFinFan66
05-21-2008, 10:48 AM
:lmao: That is so wrong!Funny though:up:

RockStar36
05-21-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm done with current players. I've purchased so many jerseys and they never last. I was going to stick with throwbacks but I might just ditch jerseys all together. I've been in a Bills t-shirt sort of mood recently. Oh, and I have an Evans jersey that I got for free so that one is still good for the occasions that I need to wear a jersey. I want to finally get a Sabres one and I will, depending on what they do on July 1st.

HAMMER
05-22-2008, 01:41 AM
:lmao: That is so wrong!

I know..but I couldn't resist, sorry bud.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-22-2008, 02:45 AM

Me, too!

With the ones that I already have, that is the only one that I would really want to buy at this point. If I was able to get one, that would probably be the last one that I would ever buy, though. I really love the throwbacks, even though I don't have one at this point and Sestak was by far my favorite Bill when I was growing up.